DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

favorite quotes?

Southpaw89

what are everyone's favorite quotes from the series and by who? One of mine is by Lan in I'm pretty sure "Winter's Heart."

"You can never know everything, and part of what you do know will always be wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing this. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway." -Lan

It could be applied to real life as well as the series so it really hit hard when I read it

The one currently in my sig is one that hit home for me as it is a lesson I have learned painfully in real life, even before I ever began reading WoT. I also like "Death is lighter as a feather, duty heavier than a mountain" (both from TSR).

Rand's line after balefiring Graendal was great (unfortunately I don't have the book on hand), had me crackin up for a while. I'm kinda pissed she got brought back, because that was also one of Rand's most badass moments.

He did kill Aran'gar though with that blast

Rand's line after balefiring Graendal was great (unfortunately I don't have the book on hand), had me crackin up for a while. I'm kinda pissed she got brought back, because that was also one of Rand's most badass moments.

Yeah that was absolutely brutal, loved it. Also what he said to Cadsuane. "Do you believe that I could kill you, without a sword or the Power? Do you think if I wished it, that your heart would stop, by... coincedence?" Or something like that. Very satisfying to read, I didnt realize I had been waiting for him to go so dark until it happened.

Also, in ToM.

Egwene: This isnt ended, Rand.

Rand: There are no endings, Egwene.

Very Creator-like.

checked it out, fouvourite scenes not quotes, me thinks...

"in my day when a wiseone yelled hop an apprentice jumped, and seeing as i am still alive it is still my day"

I love this one too, but whenever I get asked this my answer is the same...

Perrin hesitated before answering. He had dreaded this. He felt about the wolves as he did about Two Rivers people. They have caged Shadowkiller, he thought at last. That was what the wolves called Rand, but he had no idea whether they considered Rand important.

The shock filling his mind was answer enough, but howls filled the night, near and far, howls filled with anger and fear. In the camp horses whinnied fearfully, stamping their hooves as they shied against the picket ropes. Men ran to calm them, and others to peer into the darkness as if expecting a huge pack to come after the mounts.

We come, Half Tail replied at last. Only that, and then others answered, packs Perrin had spoken to and packs that had listened silently to the two-legs who could speak as the wolves did. We come. No more.

We come.

All favorites are Mat quotes:

First Rule: Never kiss with a girl whose brothers have knife scars.

No wine for me. Strange enough things happen when my head is clear. I want to know the difference.

We come.

Agreed. This passage is a candidate for Jordan's best writing in the series, and the simplicity of the conclusion -- "We come" -- is just perfect.

I know. I reread this passage about ten times the first time I read it.

MY personal all-time favorite was Lews Therin after Rand escaped the box in LOC "They will pay. I am the Lord of the Morning." 9 years of rereading this series and that line still makes the hair on my arms stand up.

The quote in my sig is good. I also like the one posted above by Mat about wine. I would also quote Mat's letter to Elayne, as I found that hilarious. Other quote's I like are:

My husband rides from World's End toward Tarwin's Gap, toward Tarmon Gai'don. Will he ride alone?

Soon comes the day all shall be free. Even you, and even me. Soon comes the day all shall die. Surely you, but never I.

^ It's Dr Pada... Seuss :tongue:

Rand is the one who is supposed to go mad. And here I am, talking to an axe!

I think the woman was born in Far Madding in a thunderstorm. She probably told the thunder to be quiet. It probably did.

^ Lini is bad ass :laugh:

I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement :biggrin:

^ I'm gonna quote that to somebody sometime. Maybe in a game of Mafia or something

And good old Lan

You surrender after you're dead.

Yes, it's from New Spring. Still counts, right?

If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips.

^ I like this too, but I can't help but feel this is a casual nod to Monty Python?

I started praying Taim was NOT a darkfriend when he told those feckin' Aes Sedai "Kneel and swear to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt," ah I loved him for that!

I love that line.

You? No!

:tongue: Not really.

I win again Lews Therin.

Booyah.

Always gave me chills reading that section, especially the first one where he dies immediately after he sees the trolloc, also this is only meant to be to do with Rand, why is Ishamael in each one of his visions.

After Mat demands the Finn give him more answers.

"To marry the Daughter of the Nine Moons! To die and live again, and live once more a part of what was! To give up half the light of the world to save the world! Go to Rhuidean, son of battles! Go to Rhuidean, trickster! Go, gambler! Go!"

Those last couple sentences always give me chills.

Guest Emu on the Loose

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

(Strikethrough mine. Remove that part and you get my favorite line in the series.)

Archived