DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

You know you're a WoT fan when...

Rosée

I haven't seen any thread of the sort, but if there is one already then I apologize and you may kill mine with balefire!!!

So!

You know you're a WoT fan when:

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses

- You add the word 'bloody' everywhere in your sentences, à la Mat Cauthon ^^

- You want to give your future kids WoT names (in my case, Matrim and Natael) even though you blame Twilight fans for giving their kids Twilight names (Renesmee Bella Stephenie, anyone?). BUT IT'S WoT, IT'S DIFFERENT. *is in denial of her own hypocrisy*

- You dream about WoT almost every night. Epic dreams at that ^^

- You used to be scared of dead people and ghosts when it's dark, but now you're afraid of Gholams. I swear it's true.

- You see crows and you grow suspicious, and look for a way to kill them before remembering that unfortunately, this is real life, and you can't go around killing birds lest they report what they saw to the Dark One, because, yo! this is real life.

- You have to remind yourself that WoT is NOT real life.

- You're in a traffic jam and wish you could weave a portal to get you home faster.

That's all for now, I'll think of some more later

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one particularly frightening dream involving a Gholam, icicles and me desperately looking for a foxhead medallion...

I also (especially while doing a re-read, but during other times too) use WOT curses instead of RL ones.

- You dream of creative ways of using the power (Airplane made of Air, anyone?)

- You plan on solving today's problems using Saidin.

- You have attempted to use the Flame and the Void in a fight. More than once. And it sort of worked.

Edited by Erunion

Your spouse begins a long, rambling conversation...but it doesn't bother you a bit. You think, "By the time 20 years have gone by, she'll probably be almost done. That's not so bad."

Ah on the subject of spouses:

If you're a female and you've done something to annoy your other half, you don't feel too guilty cos hey it could be worse - you could be Faile.

I remember one particularly frightening dream involving a Gholam, icicles and me desperately looking for a foxhead medallion...

I had a nightmare too with the Gholam, it was terrifying xD And it ended up with me being eaten by the Gholam xD

- You have attempted to use the Flame and the Void in a fight. More than once. And it sort of worked.

I've always wondered if it would work well. If I ever pick up martial arts again, maybe I should try...

You do your best to master Aes Sedai dignity and occasionally feel the urge to wrap a non-existant shawl around you when being disapproving...

HAHAHAHA, same here! Trying to convince myself that I'm a frigid Aes Sedai works well while dealing with angry customers at my job. Must remind myself not to sniff or scowl or lift my chin though :tongue:

I was being a bit creative there. The lawyer's reaction wasn't exactly pg13 :wink:

Suffice it to say that he comes around to my office every now and then and gigles and blushes when he does so.

The one who said "You're a Red!" wasn't the lawyer, but yah ... about the same reaction ... lol

Yes, I've called more than one man who tried to "speak down" to me, "boy" :unsure:

I had a nightmare too with the Gholam, it was terrifying xD And it ended up with me being eaten by the Gholam xD

I've always wondered if it would work well. If I ever pick up martial arts again, maybe I should try...

My Gholam nightmare was one of the most terrifying ones I've ever had. I didn't get to the ending, so in the wee hours of the morning I made up my own. One where I survived, so that it would be slightly less terrifying.

On the Flame and the Void - Well I've never experienced 'Oneness', it does help to calm the nerves down a lot. And I mean a lot. Very useful in tournaments.

I use the flame quiet often when I have to work very hard or something and it works indeed because you focus more or something. It´s a shame I´ve never found saidin... ;(

I've also experienced those:

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses (now and then)

- You add the word 'bloody' everywhere in your sentences, à la Mat Cauthon ^^ (same)

- You dream about WoT almost every night. Epic dreams at that (daydreams ;p)

- You're in a traffic jam and wish you could weave a portal to get you home faster.

I constantly live in the WOT world - in my head... I have three kids now, who distract me and keep bringing me back to the real world to make them pink milk and get them chippies and chocolate, but I slip back in when ever I can.

:-)

Maybe I can weave them into my WOT daydreams so they won't distract me from it so much - I can be the only Aes Sedai of 'today' to have three kids... Until Elyane births hers that it!

LOL

Mine are:

- You now use WoT curses rather than regular, real life curses

- You add the word 'bloody' everywhere in your sentences, à la Mat Cauthon ^^

- You want to give your future kids WoT names (in my case, Matrim and Natael) even though you blame Twilight fans for giving their kids Twilight names (Renesmee Bella Stephenie, anyone?). BUT IT'S WoT, IT'S DIFFERENT. *is in denial of her own hypocrisy*

I wanted to do this, but I didn't... If Amelia had been a boy, she would have been Perrin, so we did get close! Instead we went for Buffy names...

- You dream about WoT almost every night. Epic dreams at that ^^

I have nightmares of myrdraal

- You used to be scared of dead people and ghosts when it's dark, but now you're afraid of Gholams. I swear it's true.

Again, mines myrdraals... :-)

Yip!

Great post, by the way! Fun!

Edited by francy

I constantly live in the WOT world - in my head... I have three kids now, who distract me and keep bringing me back to the real world to make them pink milk and get them chippies and chocolate, but I slip back in when ever I can.

That made me think, does anyone else project themselves into the book as made-up characters?