DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red Dead Redemption

Samuraiflip05

So I am currently playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3. I am really enjoying it. It was touted to me by the salesperson as an Old West GTA. So far I am about 15-20 missions in and it has GTA stylings, but really reminds me of the PS2 game GUN, which is another game I really liked playing.

Anyone else played this game? Thoughts?

I stopped playing a bit into it but was really fun. Just other stuff side-tracked me (I'm bad about that, I usually play a game a bit, quit, then come back to it like a year later. Only really beaten FF13 and Valkyria Chronicles on my PS3 so far.)

• 4 weeks later...

My roommate just bought this and I thought I'd give it a go because I've been hearing rave reviews. My very first thought about the gameplay was how off-putting the controls are (playing on an xbox360). I mean, pressing the A button to run? really? What a terrible idea. Also, having to continuously tap the A button to make a horse gallop? What a terrible idea. So far, not a big fan. Also, watching my roommate play, it seems like the side quests are really pointless and boring. And I don't like that in a game.

So, bottom line, I'll try it a few more times, but I'm not expecting to get addicted.

Archived