DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ta'veren

I hope this hasn't been discussed before, but I was wondering if our three ta'veren will still be ta'veren after TG.

What mean is ta'veren are spun out by the pattern to shape events the way it needs. So what happens when the pattern no longer needs them. With the last battle over there won't be a need for the pattern to shape itself around them. So do the stop being ta'veren or do they remain ta'veren but no longer impact the pattern because it no longer has a need for them?

They're certainly not guaranteed to remain ta'veren - RJ has clarified it's only for a period of time, not the whole life - but I can see Mat and Perrin remaining so, especially Mat. Rand, probably not. Assuming he survives, he'll probably want to go hide out in the Westwood somewhere with Min, so there's no need for him to be ta'veren.

The WoT RPG states that they can stop being ta'veren, and that they lose certain bonuses (feats and Charisma) if it does happen. Thus I would imagine that they would actually stop being ta'veren rather than continuing to be ta'veren and to no longer affect the pattern.

Did you just use the WoT RPG as a source? Really? :biggrin:

I knew I would catch some flack for that... :rolleyes: but it did have the proper semantics for the issue. It also has a foreward by Robert Jordan and lots of pretty pictures! :laugh:

RJ has clarified it's only for a period of time, not the whole life
Where did he tell that?

If you click the 'reference library' link in my sig, you'll find the WoT Interview Database. It's in the Workings of the Wheel category.

Where did he tell that?
If you click the 'reference library' link in my sig, you'll find the WoT Interview Database. It's in the Workings of the Wheel category.
Could not find the comment or might have skipped over it.

It should be noted that ta'veren are separate from Heroes. Heroes are spun out and aren't always ta'veren. Anybody can be made ta'veren if the Wheel chooses to weave around them.

Well Heroes don't have to be Ta'veren, but are all ta'veren heroes?

Well Heroes don't have to be Ta'veren, but are all ta'veren heroes?
Mat & Perrin seem to not be reborns of Heroes. And one "pre-series" taveren is not listed as a Hero; Mabriam en Shereed.

Characters that are/were both seem to be just Rand & Hawkwing.

Where did he tell that?
Book 1. When Loial explains the word to Rand.
Re-read the passage a number of days ago; was not there either.

They're certainly not guaranteed to remain ta'veren - RJ has clarified it's only for a period of time, not the whole life - but I can see Mat and Perrin remaining so, especially Mat. Rand, probably not. Assuming he survives, he'll probably want to go hide out in the Westwood somewhere with Min[/i].

Indeed, and Moridins already done his part to help with that

Search for 'teething'.
Now I remember Robert Jordan's comment.

This seems more accurate:: Not taveren since birth.

The other comment could imply not taveren for rest of life; depending on how "whole life" is interpreted.

Archived