DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galad and Rand: SHOWDOWN...?

ahk

when Rand and Galad meet, will there be an awesome showdown, or what?

i mean Galad is the leader of the rebel alliance (so to speak) of the Whitecloaks, and Rand is, well...the mortal enemy of all Whitecloaks. Perhaps if Galad does want to fight, Rand will feel hesitant (Galad /is/ his half-brother) and maybe Galad will see him as the true Dragon Reborn?

Incidentally, how the hell are the Whitecloaks supposed to treat the DR? does ne one kno?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting questions. I don't know that there will be a showdown between the two. After all, Galad always does what's right, no matter who it hurts. As a Whitecloak, and an all aroungd white knight, it seems that Galad would have no choice but to support Rand. Who else is going to fight the Dark one? Who else is the LIGHT's representation on Earth to the extent that Rand is?

As for the Whitecloaks--I think that with Galad at their head, they will ride for Tarmon Gaidon and side with the Dragon, despite his ability to channel the propensity that the Aha'man have for evil deeds. I think that if I were a Whitecloak, confronted with the Dragon Reborn and the fact that he will fce down the Dark One, I would venerate him much like he Knights of Solomnia do Huma. Or, for the Dragonlance illiterate, like the knights did King Arthur.

Guest Majsju

Well, considering what Galad says in KOD, that he is going to fight in TG alongside anyone willing to fight for the light, even if that means Aes Sedai or Asaha'man, and that all whitecloaks with him accepts that, fighting alongside Rand should not be that hard to accept.

Though Rand trying to get a truce with the Seanchan might be a problem, since Galad is dead set on kicking the landthieves into the ocean. But that can wait until after TG is done.

because he's still got the one power, and that's all you really need.

Gawyn: I'm going to cut your heart out Rand al'Thor!

Rand: *lights Gawyn on fire*

Gawyn: AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Rand: *Uses air to slice off Gawyn's head*

When it comes to that, who needs a sword?

Plus he still has the other hand.

Rand is not really powerless you know. I mean, if LTT takes over when/if Rand faces Gawyn...bye bye Gawyn. Just look at what Rand did to the trollocs in KoD when LTT took over. Dizziness or no, Gawyn's toasted if it comes to that, though I think Rand, if he is in a correct state of mind, would be reluctant to kill one of his wives' brother.

Oh certainly, I doubt he'll fight either brother. But Gawyn is the one who's all "Rand killed my mother and brainwashed my sister." It's only thanks to Egwene's promise that he didn't kill Rand at Daumi's Wells. He's totally losing it.

Galad on the other hand knows his step mother's alive, has decided to join with the Aes Sedai in the Last Battle, and is Rand's half brother. I can't see these two fighting over much of anything.

Oh certainly' date=' I doubt he'll fight either brother. But Gawyn is the one who's all "Rand killed my mother and brainwashed my sister." It's only thanks to Egwene's promise that he didn't kill Rand at Daumi's Wells. He's totally losing it.

Galad on the other hand knows his step mother's alive, has decided to join with the Aes Sedai in the Last Battle, and is Rand's half brother. I can't see these two fighting over much of anything.[/quote']

I always persumed that Gawyn will return asap to take up his position as general in Andor since that is his role.

I persumed Galad would end up as king of Cairhien.

Both should not be to happy he knocked up their little sister btw. :lol:

Besides the next time Rand and Gawyn meet Egwene will be with Gawyn, Unless Rand comes to help defend Tar Valon and Gawyn will be an Uncle. He will be able to see, by travelling most likely, that Elayne is not Rand's puppet and that she is Queen of Andor and Caihrien, not to mention Gawyn and Elayne will find out, probably that Morgase is still alive.

Galad does what is Right so there will be no problem but Dain and Baiyar might be a problem since they really HATE Perrin.

Since galad is Rand's half cousin: (Rand's Dad is Galad's dad) something good will happen!!!

No Rands mother is Galads mother. Galads dad is also Gwayn and Elaine's dad and is the link to Cairhien if I am not mistaken and that makes that Galad has as many rights to become King of Cairhien as Elaine.

OK, just come in a little tipsy but just loved the comment about Rand:

'if he is in a correct state of mind, would he be reluctant to kill ONE of his wives' brothers'. Anyone else find this a hilarious statement as he has so many women to choose from or is it just the beer... Anyway...

Rand is obviously a little 'unhinged' at the mo - personally, I can't WAIT until he learns about laughter and tears. To me it is gonna be the pivotal moment in MOL - it's when he really accepts his fate and steps up to the final challenge. And Moiraine must be a part of it - she must survive the Finns otherwise why does she say she knows the face of her future husband - she isn't married to Thom yet...

Gawyn is not a blademaster. A good fighter and excellent leader and probably could be a blademaster' date=' but he isn't yet.[/quote']

Gawyn slew a blademaster, can't think of his name (the Master-at-arms/warder instructor--there were two of them killed, one who's name starts with an "H" and one who's name starts with a "C", I think, but I think he only gets credit for one), on the day that Siuan was deposed. Killing a blademaster in a sword fight makes him a blademaster, himself. Anyway, by virtue of killing a blademaster, Gawyn has been a blademaster since the fourth book, just as Galad became one, if he wasn't one already, when he killed Eamon Valda in the KoD prologue.

I have a sneeking suspicion that Gawyn can learn to channel... i doubt we will see him do so in the main books, though it is possible he will do it in order to be in a position to fight Rand, but i think we might see it implied that he is going to learn after TG in order to be with Egwene.

Purerly on Gawyn's fixation with Rand, i dont see that coming to an actual fight in which one of them dies... it might result in a confrontation, but one that will be resolved.

Killing a blademaster in a sword fight makes him a blademaster' date=' himself. Anyway, by virtue of killing a blademaster, Gawyn has been a blademaster since the fourth book, just as Galad became one, if he wasn't one already, when he killed Eamon Valda in the KoD prologue.[/quote']

I disagree with that. In KOD we have a POV for Valda where he's thinking back on his "Blademaster Test". Five blademasters looked at his forms etc. and if ALL five decide that everything is up to scratch, only then do you become a Blademaster. That means that you can only become a blademaster, when 5 blademasters acknowledge your skill.

Killing/defeating a blademaster doesn't make you a blademaster. If so, then Rand was a blademaster since book tGH, when he killed the Seanchan... which he obviously wasn't, since he won by dumb luck. Also would you say that the farmer that defeated the best blademaster ever (can't remember his name (as per tDR)), was a blademaster??

I believe RJ put that POV for Valda in specifically because people where asking how one becomes a blademaster in WOT.

My bad. :)

This begs another question though. Can you only be a blademaster when you fight with a sword, or if you kill a blademaster with another weapon, are you also a blademaster? In other words, can Mat/Perrin become a blademaster?

Also, should there be another witness (or maybe blademaster) to confirm the kill? What I'm getting at is, obviously Galad is now a blademaster. But is Rand, since no-one except him was there to confirm his kill.

No i dont think you can be a blademaster if you fight with another weapon. maybe you can be an axemaster or staffmaster, but you are only a blademaster if you wield a blade using the forms.

Rand was a blademaster since the end of TGH since he killed a blademaster in a fair fight, and i think that Mat Perrin and Hurin can confirm it if it is needed. And also i remember sometime in the waste Lan told Rand he is coming close to the level of a blademaster, and Rand thought that since Lan was cheap with compliments he might be already there.

tigraine was a cairhienin, she married a cairhien royal and then ran away and became Aiel. Had Rand, died. The Cairhien royal married morgase, morgase had Galad. The Caihienian royal died, Morgase married an Andorian Noble had Gawyn and Elayne.

Dont say "You are WRONG" Show me you proof, refering to books and GOOD websites

Archived