DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"I Just Watched" thread (New Releases)

Red2111

The Adjustment Bureau

it was actually really good. i give it a B+ tbh. once you figure out the storyline, it's kinda predictable how it will end; but the movie isn't what you think it's about.

i went in expecting it to be somethign liek the Bourne Series, and its not. it's an action/love movie; definately suggest goign to see it, and don't read the below spoiler if you are gogin to go see it, it will ruin the entire movie for you.

i really didn't expect the religous overtones in it at all

and

Battle: LA

went and saw this one with bubba. i didn't have high expectations for it, but i have to say OUTSTANDING!! best one since ID4 (Independence Day) imo. infact, all it was missing as Will Smith kicking in an aliens head and saying "Welcome to Earth" while smoking a cigar.

it's an action/drama to be sure, and worth going to see in the theaters. trust me, if you liked ID:4 you'll love this one! the camera angels and motion capture they used made you feel like you were in the action; and there was a good bit a suspense in it too.

I just watched Battle LA and I really liked it. There are a lot of shakey cam scenes but I don't mind those. Apparently Rotten Tomatoes has that at 33% for critics but I think it's at least 60%, maybe up to 75%.

There are some really corny parts but they're tolerable. Also regarding it's similarity to Independence Day, there's one part near the end of Battle LA that pays homage to the movie that had me laughing like crazy.

^ i don't remember the shout out to ID4 Silver :blush:

Red, is Battle LA all headache inducing shaky-cam or is it actually good? I don't venture out to the movies often, last thing I saw was Avatar before being dragged into Black Swan, but this I do want to see.

not as much as Blaire Witch Project. :laugh:

like Silver said, there are some in there, but really it gives more of a gritty good feel to the movie than takes away from it. it makes you fele like your watchign it really happen, like its a news camera following them or a FPOV.

• 2 months later...

so a few weeks ago, went and saw

The Hangover Part 2

i thought it was better than the first, Bubba said it was on par with the first. either way, this one is worth going and seeing if you enjoyed the first movie. and a bit of a spoiler ... the pics at the end are nOT the best part of this movie :laugh:

so a few weeks ago, went and saw

The Hangover Part 2

i thought it was better than the first, Bubba said it was on par with the first. either way, this one is worth going and seeing if you enjoyed the first movie. and a bit of a spoiler ... the pics at the end are nOT the best part of this movie :laugh:

I disagree, as i think the first one was definitly better. very much because they got it right the first time, so to do a better sequel they should really up the game. But all i saw was pretty much the same story told in a new environment.

Entertaining, yes, and I would recommend anyone who enjoyed he first one to watch it. but it is not better than the first.

they only reason i say it's better than the first is because of one scene

the hooker scene with the she-male. my god you relaly can't top the hilarity from that scene and it surpassed in left-field-out-of-nowhere leaves you cryin from laughing so hard that it tops everything in the first one. now when i see the trialors, i crack up cause i rememebr that 3 minutes worth of non-stop laughing.

plus the monkey ... the monkey was great!!!

went and saw X-men First Class this weekend. was a great movie and i liked that they meshed both origin stories for Magneto & prof. X in one movie. those story lines are so intertwined really this was the only sensable option. Kevin Bacon was great in it, as were the young actors. i haven't watched any of the other X-men movies since watching this one, but i think it will put a new depth on Mystic, Magneto & Professor X.

my fav part is the Woverine Cameo, short as it was, it was excellent!!! i didn't stay for the end of the trailers, so can anyone dish on if they had a teaser and what it was??

went and saw X-men First Class this weekend. was a great movie and i liked that they meshed both origin stories for Magneto & prof. X in one movie. those story lines are so intertwined really this was the only sensable option. Kevin Bacon was great in it, as were the young actors. i haven't watched any of the other X-men movies since watching this one, but i think it will put a new depth on Mystic, Magneto & Professor X.

my fav part is the Woverine Cameo, short as it was, it was excellent!!! i didn't stay for the end of the trailers, so can anyone dish on if they had a teaser and what it was??

Saw it this weekend, too, and I really liked it. It was what I had expected - and more. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender did a great job; because of those two the film was worth its money. Kevin Bacon... hm, I like him playing the bad guy, but I was a bit disappointed. In contrast to the other characters his role seemed to be somewhat one-dimensional, there would have been a lot more potential in it. And I had some problems with Mystique at the end of the movie. What about her inner conflict that was depicted throughout the rest of the movie? All of a sudden she chooses a side and is completely happy with this, when her best friend (and in her eyes maybe even more) is gravely injured, maybe dying? Didn't make sense to me.

Watched Bridesmaids tonight and it was really damn funny. I love Kristin Wigg and this movie was pretty much made by her. Extremely funny and very entertaining and actually really awkward (in parts). I was expecting there to be a lot of 'girl only' humour, but I actually was surprised by the generality of the jokes. Idk, there's something about poop and fart jokes coming from women that really makes me laugh. 8.5/10

The food poisoning scene was unbelievably funny. When she shit in the street I thought I was going to lose it.

Archived