DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Mission Did Verin Give Alanna

Luckers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was up with Allanna? Could someone explain to me what she was doing at the end, I was left unclear whether she was a DF being sacrificed or not.

I don't think Alanna was a DarkFriend. Her bond to Rand was a topic of conversation among the sisters so it is certain that the Black Ajah heard about it. Therefore, Moridin heard about it, and had her captured so that he could kill her, and drive Rand insane with a broken Warder-bond. But Enter Nynaeve's skill at healing without the Power, and so Alana was able to release Rand as she died. Her last act was an act of the Light, so no, I don't think she was a Friend of the Dark.

Seeing how Verin was black Ajah (yes she did it for good reasons, but she admitted she still had to do bad things) she could of been forced to tell Mordin seeing how she was still bound to the oath the black ajah had to take.  For all we know her letter intentionally set Allanna up to be captured. 

Seeing how Verin was black Ajah (yes she did it for good reasons, but she admitted she still had to do bad things) she could of been forced to tell Mordin seeing how she was still bound to the oath the black ajah had to take.  For all we know her letter intentionally set Allanna up to be captured. 

Indeed, Sabio. In fact, we don't even know if the letter was written by Verin.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption, just the content of the message could be practically anything. If RJ, it wouldn't be that safe, but he would have varied descriptions of the other notes we saw and so forth, but since BS, the fact that it's described at all or even mentioned means it's important.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption, just the content of the message could be practically anything. If RJ, it wouldn't be that safe, but he would have varied descriptions of the other notes we saw and so forth, but since BS, the fact that it's described at all or even mentioned means it's important.

I agree it is important, but note there was no mention of Verin actually handing it to her. I got the impression it was just left for her, and we are led to assume it was Verin. All the other things 'notes' she left (Mat, Tiana, Egwene) were delivered in person, I think. I believe this was left by a Blck Sister, perhaps pretending to be Verin, to lead her to try and 'rescue' her Warder--Rand.

Archived