DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat fighting a Dozen of himself.

DocBean

This probably doesn't need a new thread, but I couldn't find any information about this:

In ToM Chapter 4 Perrin dreams about Mat fighting against himself, a dozen different men wearing his face, all dressed in different types of fine clothing, never seeing the shadowy figure behind him with a bloody knife.

What was this dream about?

It's Mat, El Oscuro, not Matt.

Doh!

My bad. I knew that. It's just a hard habit to break, you know, spelling names the common way.

Anyway, unless I'm wrong - which, you know, I'm not - the title of this thread mispelled his name as "Might" when it should be "Mat."

I'm assuming this dream was about Ghenjei. The "dozens of men wearing his face" could refer to

a) the weird use of mirrors in the Eelfinn/Aelfinn world

b) the fact that the Eelfinn/Aelfinn are connected to him and can read his thoughts and impressions even as he's attacking the tower

Or both. I dunno really, but that's my best guess.

There might be a chance of literal fulfillment.

Forsaken and/or darkfriend channelers using Illusion on a dozen of different people. Some portion of the people being darkfriends, some portion being compelled/persuaded.

Oddly, most of Perrin's Dreams seem to have literal fulfillment.

the shadow with a knife I think is fain. The 12 men with his face I don't know. I was thinking maybe members of the band that had been turned into ghouls by fain, like he did witht he trollocs at the begining of ToM. It could be members of the seanchen blood seeking to take his place with fortuona. I frankly have no clue about the 12 men with his face.

I always believed that in the end, it would be Rand vs Moridin Dark One, Perrin vs Slayer, and Mat vs Fain, so I'm confident the shadow with a knife is fain.

Archived