DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendah's next move

White_star

She's got a lot to do. What will be her first order of business on returning from Rhuidean?

1. Maybe she'll gather the Clan Chiefs on her way back to Rand so they, along with the WOs and the Car'a'carn, could talk about what she saw and they could talk about how to prevent that future. (Rand could then tell if any of them are DFs.)

2. Thank Min for helping her take the next step on becoming a WO, maybe taking her as a 1st sister,

3. Then along with Elayne (she will probable have a separate ceremony to name him her Prince Consort if he survives and then Lord of the TR if he accepts it) and Min she will build a bridal wreath for the three of them and lay it at Rand's feet very sudden (the way Meliane did to Bael) while he is talking to a bunch of people. (Mat will poke Rand in the shoulder with a nasty snicker saying "Light! They're ganging up on you" Eggy's eyes will pop and Nynaeve will look as if she's swallowed her tongue, again. Perrin's jaw will drop. Wide eyed Rand will say "I've only got two shoulders, one hand and one .... " with a blush) After, the other two will allow Aviendah to have personal time with Rand where she will of course get pregnant.

4. She will also probably "read" some ter'angreal doodads

I've also heard some speculate that she'll meat up with Cyndane in Rhuidean but I don't think I believe that.

I'm sure there are other things that I've missed for her to do. What are your ideas?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, new here but been a long time lurker.

I think she will most likely go to Rand and first, ask him to marry her. She is a wise one now (or will be really soon) so she is at a high enough level to feel comfortable asking Rand to marry her.

Afterward, I think she will try to impart how dangerous the Seanchan are to the Aiel and either...

1) Try and get some sort of treaty with the Seanchan

2) Convince the Aiel to dedicate an all-out-attack on the Seanchan

Obviously, Rand will be against #2 but if she reveals what she saw to him he just might let her do it.

I think Aviendha's job is what its alway been, to make Rand know the Aiel for his own people. Note that the prophecy of Rhuidean says that is Rand who will save the remenant of a remenant (not that they will survive if they follow him, but 'shall he save').

Yet note that in her visions Aviendha saw that Rand gave the Aiel no place in the peace of the Dragon. He did nothing in their direction. This point was in fact critical in their opposition of the Seanchan which led to their fall.

Oh, I imagine Aviendha will do other things--possibly things leading to a more stable peace with the Seanchan--but the key role will be to make Rand save the Aiel by guiding them to their future.

I agree with what others have said, she'll go and talk to Rand etc. Aside from that the impression I got was that she would take some time to reflect on what she had seen, that the Aeil will have to change. I think she will find or come across by chance the Travelling People.

Well, one thing she needs to do, which is important in the sense that it confirms Min's viewings as essentially infalible, is get herself knocked up.

Apparently, Zen Rand will not be one of those athletes that believes in abstaining on the eve of a big game.

She has to pass her sense of honour down to her bloodline. It's fairly obvious that the vision comes to pass because Avi-Rand's descendants decide to pull a fast one diplomatically and do something(s) the Aiel would wholesale consider dishonourable.

Anyone else notice that Avi's self-proclaimed reasons for loving Rand - that he always tried to be strong, tries to protect those weaker than himself, and his ignorance - have all disappeared? Will she still love him? Or is it that she's saying something when she means something else?

For a moment there, I thought I was in the Aelfinn land. :rolleyes:

Vanished? I don't think so. He still does/is all of those things. She didn't mean he was ignorant about the world in general, I believe, but about the Aiel way of life. He would do things, like addressing Lian as if he were a common man, which were endearing even while revealing his ignorance.

Surely there's a change. He no longer tries to be strong like a weapon or the Three Fold Land or a warrior. He no longer balks at talking women into battle, and he's managed to figure out Toh - which is one half of Aiel life. I'm betting ji would come easy to him.

Rand isn't strong, and doesn't care any longer about protecting those weaker than himself?

Did you notice the passage where he destroyed a hundred thousand trollocs, and causes Darkfriends to kill or blind themselves, just by his presence?

Dod you notice him feeding the hungry, providing order in Bander Eban, etc?

I'll grant you that he is understanding the Aeil better.

Well, I meant that Rand isn't bothered about showing a strong front all the time anymore, like warriors do. I didn't say Rand wasn't strong.

He has also gotten over his queasiness of using women in battle, which was a major trait in pre-VoG-Rand. He has also accepted that men will die for him and for themselves, and that he doesn't have to protect them all the time, or at least minimise their losses.

These used to be Rand's defining characteristics, but now they're, if not vanished, at least far beneath the surface.

To illustrate the second point I will say (1)that people are starving in Caemlyn, Tar Valon, and in many of the great cities - yet he has done nothing for them. (2) The Seanchan are invading Illian, his realm, while he just sits there and does nothing. (3) The Trollocs are running through the Borderlands, yet he waits out the whole month before contacting their monarchs.

The old Rand would have tried to solve all their problems.

@Yoniyo, I'd totally forgotten about that word. I mean, Rand was trying to be hard, which is also probably what Avi meant that he tried to be strong, because it's pretty much the only way he's tried. Unless you mean the sword-practice? Or the way he has ignored his pains (physical ones)?

It was just speculation, anyways. Rand has changed radically, which is an undeniable fact. Avi would find that out the hard way, yet I have no doubt that she'll stick with him. I just pointed out that the rationalizations she gave do not hold 100% true, anymore.

Unless you mean the sword-practice? Or the way he has ignored his pains (physical ones)?

I meant in the way he took Lan's statement about death and duty to heart from the start. He's knowingly sacrificing himself for the good of the world, and he tries his best to be brave about it. That strikes me as something one could love about him. Much more so than his (unfortunately, quite successful) attempts at hardness.

She's got a lot to do. What will be her first order of business on returning from Rhuidean?

1. Maybe she'll gather the Clan Chiefs on her way back to Rand so they, along with the WOs and the Car'a'carn, could talk about what she saw and they could talk about how to prevent that future. (Rand could then tell if any of them are DFs.)

2. Thank Min for helping her take the next step on becoming a WO, maybe taking her as a 1st sister,

3. Then along with Elayne (she will probable have a separate ceremony to name him her Prince Consort if he survives and then Lord of the TR if he accepts it) and Min she will build a bridal wreath for the three of them and lay it at Rand's feet very sudden (the way Meliane did to Bael) while he is talking to a bunch of people. (Mat will poke Rand in the shoulder with a nasty snicker saying "Light! They're ganging up on you" Eggy's eyes will pop and Nynaeve will look as if she's swallowed her tongue, again. Perrin's jaw will drop. Wide eyed Rand will say "I've only got two shoulders, one hand and one .... " with a blush) After, the other two will allow Aviendah to have personal time with Rand where she will of course get pregnant.

4. She will also probably "read" some ter'angreal doodads

I've also heard some speculate that she'll meat up with Cyndane in Rhuidean but I don't think I believe that.

I'm sure there are other things that I've missed for her to do. What are your ideas?

She'll convince Rand that the Aiel need to be in the peace treaty, and he'll tell them all to go to the Travelling People and teach them the songs.

Incidentally was the last statement in Padra's PoV as seen by Avi deliberate, or an error by Brandon "The Aiel will ride to war again". It's only 17 years since TG - even if the Aiel are using horses as cavalry, would they actually think in those terms?

Incidentally was the last statement in Padra's PoV as seen by Avi deliberate, or an error by Brandon "The Aiel will ride to war again". It's only 17 years since TG - even if the Aiel are using horses as cavalry, would they actually think in those terms?

It's a mistake. It was corrected to "go" in the ebook.

I noticed that, too. I assumed it was just a mistake on Sanderson's part. If it is deliberate, I don't have any idea what it means.

I think Avi will go about convincing the WO to partake in the peace of Dragon.

I dont see how the viewings future can come true.

Avi knows what will happen. Its easy to counter it.

If worst comes to worst, she can just kill herself. Or just NOT get pregnant. (in theory anyway. Min's viewing makes the birth pretty much inevitable. But still)

• 4 weeks later...

Was anyone else super depressed about Aviendha's viewings of the future on her last trip into Ruidiean?

It's possible that they showed Aviendha what she needed to see to shape her into the WO she needed to be. However the other ter'angreals worked show the past though the viewers bloodlines which is was actually the way it happened. What if the future is fixed and Aeil are destined to become what Aviendha saw. I'm sure she will work to change that and maybe because she now knows what the future holds and she'll be able to change it. But it was really sad to me, almost depressing to see my favorite people group the Freaking Aiel falling far from ji'e'toh because of the blood feud with the Seachan.

hopefully this isn't full of spoilers...

Archived