DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The remains of the Aiel

moroten

Their prophecy says almost all of them shall perish and the smallast drop in the sea shall survive. I know this isnt the exact wprding but I dont have books with me.

But I just struck me. What if Shaido are the ones that will survive and the other dies? They are very few left and they are going back to the three fold land in KoD.

I hope this isnt soo since I hate shaido...but it can be a possibility.

yeah, I've thought about that. I think it kinda makes sense, since Rand's Aeil are all about dying before he does. And there are so few Shiado left it fits. Plus if all of Rand's end up dead that really plays to the whole "His blood shall be spilt on the slopes of Shayol Ghul" thing.

I doubt it. The prophecy is relatively clear about the fact that the only chance of survival at all resides in Rand.

The exact words are 'a remenant of a remenant, will he save'. This is perhaps not as dire as it sounds, concidering it was spoken by Aes Sedai who remembered the Aiel in the Age of Legends. Its possibly that the modern Aiel are the first remenant.

Guest cwestervelt

The Tinkers only remaining connection to the Aiel of the AoL is their following the Way of the Leaf. They no longer have the ratial distinction that set the Aiel apart.

I don't think the Shaido fit. The "remenant of a remenant, will he save" implies some form of action on Rand's part to protect them. Rand has done nothing to save the Shaido.

I'd assume that since the Shaido don't have access to traveling that it will take them a bit of time to GET to the Three Fold land.

Well if TG is supposed to be happening any time now, then it's a good bet they won't get all the way there before the Trollocs and such start coming. At that point, they'll fight (and die) anyway like everyone else.

The Shaido will lose their fair share of people as well.

Not all of the clans who follow Rand are with him you know, each sept left enough to defend his hold and of course all the non-warriors, and many of them moved to Rhuidin now that it has a lot of water.

So, if the Shaido would be saved by going to the waste then so do all of the others.

Besides i dont think it means the shaido are the remenant since, at least for me and by what we have seen they deserted Ji'e'Toh and no longer count as aiel.

Not all of the clans who follow Rand are with him you know' date=' each sept left enough to defend his hold and of course all the non-warriors, and many of them moved to Rhuidin now that it has a lot of water.

So, if the Shaido would be saved by going to the waste then so do all of the others.

Besides i dont think it means the shaido are the remenant since, at least for me and by what we have seen the desrted Ji'e'Toh and do longer count as aiel.[/quote']

Good point.

Yes the other Aiel despise them for casting away soo many rules of ji'etho. But now that the other old hag is in charge I believe they will take back the old costums that they soo easily cast aside.

But your post convinced I may be on the wrong track.

Their prophecy says almost all of them shall perish and the smallast drop in the sea shall survive. I know this isnt the exact wprding but I dont have books with me.

But I just struck me. What if Shaido are the ones that will survive and the other dies? They are very few left and they are going back to the three fold land in KoD.

I hope this isnt soo since I hate shaido...but it can be a possibility.

I was thinking the same thing. The Shaido have all gone back to the waste, or what's left of them after they were shattered. All the other Aiel follow Rand, so maybe the ones that survive TG will incorperate themselves into the other society's of people. I can't see that they'd all die off in the last battles.

This scenario would be ironic since it is the wise ones with Rand that are interested in saving as many of their people after it's all over, and the only ones left could be the hated Shaido.

Hey! Dont defend the Shaido!

Even before Rand broke the aiel with their secret the Shaido were obnoxious. All the other clans thought they were thieves and "honorless dogs" as they said not once about them.

They chose to follow someone who was a clanchief's wife when he was more then a year dead (and she was a greedy bitch who didnt care about her clan but only about her own power), they break almost all aiel custom, and now after they were broken completly by Perrin they decide to go back to being normal. That sounds to me like someone who should be blamed for what they did.

By the way, the word i wrote should be changed to "cute fuzzy female puppy".

The Shaido ARE honorless. They have abandoned ji and will never be able to repay the toh they have, either to Aiel or Treekillers. Remember what they did to their own Wise One? And Therava was not only consenting to it but also in on it! Therava is a vile person. Her only redeeming feature is that she will make Galina’s life miserable but she’s not doing that for any other reason than her own gratification. After all, she doesn’t know that Galina is Black Ajah.

I wonder if the Shaido Aiel that received permission from the Shaido Wise Ones (in KoD) to go to Rhuidean will make it through the rings to take over as Shaido clan chief? Or is that method of selecting a clan chief OBE (overcome by events) after Rand’s revelation of the Aiel’s past?

Archived