DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best/worst couple

Sila Darklover

Lan/Nynaeve is one of the best, because of how it has mellowed Nynaeve's temper. She's still the strong woman she's always been, but she has a better reign on her emotions now. Rand/Min is another good one, because of the effect Min's presence has had on Rand. How much worse off would he be, emotions-wise, if he hadn't had her there to lift his spirits and keep him somewhat human?

I agree with Ben's opinion on Perrin/Faile. I haven't been able to stand him since he met her.

Mat/Tuon is kind of amusing, but I feel bad for Mat being married to a woman who doesn't love him. I do hope she learns to.

Best: Lan & Nynaeve... they're one of the things that keep me reading through all the books. When i'm in a funk I still go back and reread their little fireside chat and I get all warm and goosebumpy :P

Best: Mat & Tuon... they just crack me up. Between the cultural difference and their general attitudes about one another... I just love 'em.

Worst... huh.... i'll go wtih Perrin & Faile. I love Perrin. But I think his relationship with Faile is a bit off and he needs to have his head examined for putting up with the things she does.

PSW.gif

I liked Mat & Tylin the best but really I enjoy reading about Mat and which ever girl he is pursuing at the time. The current match up of Mat & Toun is also very entertaining.

Faile & Rolan was good (using the term couple loosly here) mainly because she did not have the power to be super b i t c h from h e l l while under his protection.

Worst has to be Perrin & Faile. They have just become teadious to read since the conclusion of The Shadow Rising.

Best couple: Mat and Tuon

I love the way these two get along/don't get along, but Especially after seeing Tuon's PoV of Matt in KoD. She seemed to think of him as an amusing "toy" up until then. Now that she sees what he's capable of, she finally has the respect for him that he deserves. At the same time, I expect her to still treat him the same... and I expect him to take it in stride.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing how she reacts to hearing that he's the one who blew the Horn!

Worst: Perrin and Faile

Maybe I'd care more about these two if it hadn't taken so long for something new to happen with them. was it only 3 books... or 4 that she was stuck with the Shaido? A truly interesting twist would have been if she HAD slept with that Aiel dude to escape and Perrin had found out. Some intersting dynamics could have come out of that. Was it Berelain that was always flirting with Perrin despite Faile being around? I liked that interplay.. but it's all but gone now. Sad really. I'd like Faile to die and Berelain to slide in on Perrin's side, but that's not gonna happen now.

Best: Rand/The Harem. Seriously, that's frickin awesome.

Honorable mention: Moriane/Siuan. (<--- Because no one saw it coming but it made perfect sense)

Worst: Perrin/Faile. It may sound redundant but Faile is a jerk. Of course Perrin would end up with the jerk. He's the nicest guy out of all 3 of them. :roll:

Honorable mention: Domon/Eganin (Shipless, whatever-name-she-goes-by-now). Meh. It's nice to see Domon happy but that lady is an idiot.

First post!

Mat's and Tuon's was one of my favorites, simply because it seemed more realistic. Mat sort of grew into his love for Tuon, partially from resignation over the fact that the prophecy of the Aelfinn said that he would marry her, and partially just over time in his 'run' from the Seanchan. Tuon, while she doesn't necessarily love him, does seem attached to him, and the possibility for love is there.

I haven't read all the books so my opinions could change but as of now:

Best: Perrin/Faile. They're one of the few couples whose relationship developed visibly instead of springing from nowhere. They're totally loyal and devoted to each other, but she can take care of herself. And I enjoy reading about them.

Worst: Rand/Min[/b She started out smart, independent and interesting--one of the first WoT characters I really liked. Then, for some reason I don't slightly understand, she fell in love with him and turned into a helpless lackey who hasn't done anything useful in ages.

Also, Egwene/Gawyn. She doesn't deserve that ironhearted jerk.

I do think Daved and Sevanna would make a sensible couple. They have the same *ahem* interests--imagine what they're combined forces could do to the world. :twisted: I bet they'd be attracted to each other, too...

Lan/Nynaeve is one of the best, because of how it has mellowed Nynaeve's temper. She's still the strong woman she's always been, but she has a better reign on her emotions now. Rand/Min is another good one, because of the effect Min's presence has had on Rand. How much worse off would he be, emotions-wise, if he hadn't had her there to lift his spirits and keep him somewhat human?

I agree with Ben's opinion on Perrin/Faile. I haven't been able to stand him since he met her.

Mat/Tuon is kind of amusing, but I feel bad for Mat being married to a woman who doesn't love him. I do hope she learns to.

Mat Tuon is fun, I think she does love him just does not know the meaning of it or does not want to show.

Perin Fail started off alright but the whining in the last volume turned me off a bit.

PS. why does the qoute not work correct for me?

Everyone seems to hate Perrin/Faile, but I really don't. Sure, it has been a little slow and boring of late, but it was good in the beginning. Plus, I think that the main reason that I like them is that I can identify with Perrin. Anyone who has been so in love with someone that they would have truly done anything they asked (within reason) and put up with them no matter what knows what I mean. Sure, Faile is pushy, b!tchy and annoying at times, but Perrin can look past all that. I like Perrin a lot, probably because he is a genuinely nice guy.

Best: Rand and Aviendha

Worst: A tie between Perrin and Faile and Rand and Min (In my opinion Min is selfish compared to Rand's other ladies and she irks me to no end)

Funniest: Mat and Tuon

Sweetest: Lan and Nynaeve

Secretly in love couple: Thom and Moiraine

Faile & Rolan was good (using the term couple loosly here) mainly because she did not have the power to be super b i t c h from h e l l while under his protection.

Totally agree. I liked Faile a LOT more when she isn't around Perrin. Besides Rolan was super awesome. He saved her multiple times... thats why I was so pissed when Perrin killed him and Faile didn't even bat an eyelash.

Best: Rand and Aviendha

Worst: A tie between Perrin and Faile and Rand and Min (In my opinion Min is selfish compared to Rand's other ladies and she irks me to no end)

Funniest: Mat and Tuon

Sweetest: Lan and Nynaeve

Secretly in love couple: Thom and Moiraine

I'd agree with u on the above' date=' but I must say that I hate Rand/Elayne [i still picture her as being about 16 yrs old'] a lot more than Rand/Min

Best: Rand/Min, she helps him with her viewings and is a source of strength and she isn't really arrogant. The other two are still like em though

Mat & Tuon are hilarious but it will be interesting to see what happens in Book 12.

Perrin&Faile: Match made in Hell. I really like Perrin and he deserves Berelain because she acknowledges him as a man. If Perrin has any hope of taming her then he needs to slap her around some more.

It will be most interesting to see the dynamic between Moraine and Thom. I think it will be like Lan&Nyneave but Daes Demar adds unpredictability. Gawyn&Egwene will be interesting because has a love for her like Perrin for Faile but the question will Egwene be will to be equal with Gawyn. She has changed since LoC, therefore, it will be most interesting.

Archived