DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mystica

Dear Reds

LMAO, Tay!

Dear Reds

Today some people tried to apply for a property using falsified documents and lying on their application form. Really. How stupid do they think I am? Now they're fired from their job and facing criminal charges.

6 hours ago, Elgee said:

LMAO, Tay!

Dear Reds

Today some people tried to apply for a property using falsified documents and lying on their application form. Really. How stupid do they think I am? Now they're fired from their job and facing criminal charges.

How did they get fired and have criminal charges?

Presumably Elgee reported their asses for doing something illegal... nobody messes with the Mother. :laugh: Told you, she's scary.

Supplying falsified documents results in criminal charges in most civilised countries.

Dear Reds,

little tip: when midlife hits ya', get a young lover. WAY more satisfying that this 'going to uni and teach them kids a thing or two about what an oldtimer can do' business. Because yes, you'll be motivated more than those cradledwellers. And yes you won't have any problems getting up at 4am every morning to study before you go to work (because OBVIOUSLY you will hold on to your fulltime job, duh). And no, you won't have àny issue doing the work assignments meant for 6 all by yourself. And of course you won't think twice of taking on assignments for your department's impending merger with three others ON TOP of your every day fulltime work.

But here's the thing.... your brain, while brilliant and wise and all things respectable and admirable. Is much more full than that of those ittybittyones. Which means it takes a LOT more time for it to find room for new stuff to store.

Add to that a few Bondeds who keep rummaging the place in to chaos every other day and yup..... young lover = the way to go.

*collapses on the couch exhausted*

Looking forward to tomorrow. First time ever going to a wellness center but it is more than needed. I don't think I'll have any problems feeling guilty for letting other people pamper me. Not this time.

Missing you all terribly!

Love,

Myst

Aww bless you, sis. I hope you have a wonderful time at the wellness centre and that said pampering is relaxing and very thorough. It sounds like you need it. :wub: Sending hugs your way. 

1 hour ago, Taymist said:

Presumably Elgee reported their asses for doing something illegal... nobody messes with the Mother. :laugh: Told you, she's scary.

Supplying falsified documents results in criminal charges in most civilised countries.

Lyng on a rental application (when applying for a rental) would hardly warrant criminal charges here. 

No idea where "here" is so will take your word for that. But I wasn't referring to the lying on a rental application. I did specifically say supplying falsified documents. Elgee mentioned the two as distinct and separate things in her post. :smile: That's a serious offense in the UK and most places that I'm aware of. No doubt there are exceptions as there usually are to most things.

12 hours ago, Taymist said:

Exactly.

17 hours ago, Ryrin said:

How did they get fired and have criminal charges?

They falsified a document stating that they would be earning a basic salary of R10,000 per month instead of just Commission from the 1st of April. The CEO of the company in question was not amused that someone had forged not only a document purportedly from his company, but his signature too.

They also made false declarations on their application form to us, which is a criminal offense under both the Consumer Protection Act and the Financial Intelligence Act. We've decided to not make a case against them, since we didn't suffer actual harm (we did the proper checks, which resulted in catching them out, so we didn't sign a lease with them). The guy's employer has fired him, though.

11 hours ago, Taymist said:

No idea where "here" is so will take your word for that. But I wasn't referring to the lying on a rental application. I did specifically say supplying falsified documents. Elgee mentioned the two as distinct and separate things in her post. :smile: That's a serious offense in the UK and most places that I'm aware of. No doubt there are exceptions as there usually are to most things.

I’m in the US. Here the property management company would just not rent to them, that’s all. No “charges.” As for the employer, I’m not surprised he was fired. 

*tosses bath bombs in the door and waits for the squees*

'sup, Reddies!?!

It's fun! Besides, everyone stops to look at them in order to find out they're harmless and actually a treat. It's a win-win! hehehe

AND NO ONE hates on Harley. Just putting that out there. 

He's a jerk. Harley should put a plug in him just on principal!

On 3/6/2011 at 5:12 PM, Mystica said:

Decided to start a new thread for this as the other one was getting pretty long.

If you're curious as to what went on in the past, here's a link to Dear Reds, part 1.

How does this thread work? It's simple:

This is a thread where everyone (Red and non-Red alike) can post a 'dear Red' letter concerning something from their RL. The letter can be short and sweet or long and elaborate. Whatever tickles your fancy. It can be a one sentence post announcing how happy you to have finished up spring cleaning or a 20 paragraph short story about your encounter with a garbage stealing squirrel. Or just to let us know how you feel or need to vent about something.

The idea is 'not' that this turns into a discussion or a debate. Though it is common that people react to letters (like to give congratulations or support or a simple hug or ask questions or some such), anyone can at any time add their own letter even if it doesn't fall in line with the ongoing theme. This is a no-spam area, so if you want to react to a post then react to it but don't loiter it with spam. We got other places for that :)

Basically it's a sort of latest news thing, that allows us to get to know you better and to inform us what's going on in your RL.

Dear Reds

Feeling the arrival of spring here in Scotland (finally!). Snow in April should be banned by the way. My wee sister is about to give birth to my first niece or nephew, on or after the 30th. So I'm up to my eyes in crocheting a baby blanket and knitting baby things. I'm ridiculously excited to become an Auntie. We don't know the gender yet which is killing me! Hope everyone's well. :smile:

Tay

Oh dear .... where WILL you find some wool, Tay? *grins*

Dear Reds

My one cat, Precious, had to have surgery yesterday for an abscess on his forehead. It was caused by some irresponsible idiot's un-spayed ginger cat which keeps coming into our garden to fight with our cats. That aside, I've re-bonded with my cat. Since we moved into this house 4 years ago, he's refused to come into my bedroom. 2 Weeks ago while my sister was away on holiday, he started coming in more and more, and the last few nights actually started sleeping in my room on their cat perch. Yesterday afternoon when we brought him home, I had to keep him in the garage and my room because of the plastic cone. First he wouldn't move out of the garage, then he allowed me to move his makeshift bed into the corner of my room, and somewhere in the early hours of the morning he came to sleep on my bed cuddled up to me. He spent most of the day in my arms, and now he's quietly sleeping in his bed (it's just gone 8 pm here). This is the calmest and most content I've seen him in 4 years - it's awesome!

Dear Reds,

Today, Elgee tried to keep me from spamming the Dear Reds thread. She posted the purpose of the thread and everything, which was entertaining. Did she  perhaps forget my ability to snark around rules? Inconceivable! She must be trying to stretch my writing muscles a little by turning a normally spammy-snarkfest into a letter of some kind. Perhaps she will win this one, but it will not stop me from throwing bath bombs into threads and smirking at the chaos that follows. I'm too old to be serious, these days, it seems, and bath bombs (eventually) make everyone happy. Perhaps even Elgee! 

;) 

*tosses a deep red one with rose oil scenting in the thread, just for the Mumsy*

Love,

~Lor

PS- I MISSED YOU CRAZY PEOPLE! 

Dear Reds & Mumsy,

I have no idea where I'm going to find wool. I have NONE I tell you :wink:... I absolutely do not have a room full of the stuff and even if I did, it wouldn't contain the right weight or colour. :tongue:

That's so sweet, Elgee. Glad you've been able to re-bond with your kitty but sorry to hear about the surgery. Can't you have words with the other cat's owner? People's stupidity knows no bounds!:angry:

We missed you too, Lor, but I want a personal bath bomb! ... with jasmine... *pouts in a very non pouty Aes Sedai fashion because I'm just that clever* :laugh:

Tay x

On 4/30/2018 at 12:08 AM, Taymist said:

Dear Reds & Mumsy,

I have no idea where I'm going to find wool. I have NONE I tell you :wink:... I absolutely do not have a room full of the stuff and even if I did, it wouldn't contain the right weight or colour. :tongue:

That's so sweet, Elgee. Glad you've been able to re-bond with your kitty but sorry to hear about the surgery. Can't you have words with the other cat's owner? People's stupidity knows no bounds!:angry:

We missed you too, Lor, but I want a personal bath bomb! ... with jasmine... *pouts in a very non pouty Aes Sedai fashion because I'm just that clever* :laugh:

Tay x

Argghh stupid notifications! Sorry, Tay - did not see this reply. We have no idea who the owner of the other cat is - could even be a stray cat. My precious is much better now, though - here are some before and after pics:

20180428_080934.thumb.jpg.d423c29e7bb618b4831c56bda40b6377.jpg

20180506_075612.thumb.jpg.1a11f0cb8f21556377674e65c3b3dcaf.jpg

Also, Dear Reds - today I'm so happy to say that my financial reports for the 2017-18 book year are done and sent to the auditors! It's taken much longer than usual, due to the government making us do 5 times as much paperwork because they're idiots.

Dear Reds,

I discovered I can have real fun in here.

Much love to the Reds,

Ryrin

:ajahgreen_by_drowelfmorwen-dc43ft0:

Dear Reds,

No one is here to view my misdeeds.  ?

Love to the Reds,

Ryrin

:ajahgreen_by_drowelfmorwen-dc43ft0: