A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Reds,

I'm freezing. That's California freezing.

Love to the REDS,

Ryrin

Dear Wifi

You rock!

Dear Reds

It was slightly cooler today than yesterday, and we might even get some clouds tomorrow! Fun times.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Reds,

Holy Hell.I'm actually posting :ohmy:

Don't even know where to start. Life is busy, but good. Broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years and am heading toward my board exam in January next year.

That's it in a nutshell :laugh:

Dear Tynaal,

Great to see you stop in!

Love to the Reds,

Ryrin

Edited by Ryrin
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Reds, 

I'm getting married in September, I'm taking a cert course to become a teacher (so changing careers by this summer), and life has generally been crazy busy! 

So yea, stuff and things. Back to lurking the lurking lurk of lurkers. 

Yele

Dear Yele

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT???? woot woot! congratulations you!! Sheesh, talk about dropping a bomb. LOL

*needs a drink now*

Cheers!

Myst

Dear Reds,

I very much like this photo. Good night.

pink_zps48zrtigf.jpg

Love to the Reds,

Ryrin

Edited by Ryrin
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Reds,

Just got shifted to full-time post during day hours at increased pay. Seeking wild revelers to help celebrate. Please RSVP.

Hugs,

-James

Dear Ryrin,

cut it out! *twaps*

Dear James,

that's fantastic !!! congratulations! Increased pay, does that mean I get an increased present??? :biggrin:

Love,

Opportunist

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Reds, 

We're taking Parenting classes as the first steps to becoming foster/adoptive parents. 

We have sought advice of family, friends, and medical professionals, and it's time. 

Scared.

Dear Reds, 

We're taking Parenting classes as the first steps to becoming foster/adoptive parents. 

We have sought advice of family, friends, and medical professionals, and it's time. 

Scared.

Oooo! That's so exciting! I've been considering doing the same if this whole getting pregnant/not having more abnormal cell growths thing doesn't pan out. I'd love to hear what's involved if you could tell me?

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Reds, 

Scared.

Oooo! That's so exciting! I've been considering doing the same if this whole getting pregnant/not having more abnormal cell growths thing doesn't pan out. I'd love to hear what's involved if you could tell me?

Sure thing!

First we found an agency: this took a while, as picking a good agency can be difficult. Then, we had to gather all our legal documents and take the parenting class. 

Our next step is a Homestudy, where the agency will get to know Mr Moon and Me, write up what we're like, our home life, how good we'll be at parenting, etc.

We're simultaneously going through background checks (Federal level- making sure we're not convicted of crimes against children or other felonies) and a Fingerprint background check (Yes, it's two checks. Yes, it's a lot. Yes, it's obnoxious).

Then Life Safety inspection (making sure our house is physically safe: child locks, no fire hazards etc) then court. 

Of course, it may be different where you are.

We're looking into Foster/Adoption. 

how so huge changes? which ones?

Oh wow. So... I have a new boyfriend - which kind of just happened - I'm really not one of those girls that feels validated by dating someone. But this guy. Wow. We started off as a casual thing and within a month we were dating. I've not even been dating him for a month yet and everything is just so natural and comfortable, you know? Not sure I can even describe it.

I'm living between two cities - commuting weekly. It's very inconvenient and annoying.

I also signed a contract with one of our major Banks for next year - Nedbank (I was one of 16, chosen from 700+ applicants).

Errr... I feel like a lot else has happened - but cannot think of what it is :laugh:

But I actually kind of feel like a new person - my good old self. Looking back at my year in Cape Town, I think I was actually in a huge unhappy slump.

So yea... That's my life in five seconds :laugh: