A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Mystica

Dear Reds

Dear Karas...

Go find her damnit! :|

Dear May,

Eeek! That's awesome!!!

Dear Reds,

I'm so bummed. So sick of studying. Just wrote the most terrible Algebra test ever. I DO APPLIED MATHEMATICS! Not darn bloody theory! And I wouldn't be surprised if I wrote more than 500 words on that test paper. A LINEAR ALGEBRA paper. Not a Philosophy or English one. Darnit.

At this rate I'm doing better in Calculus than Algebra... and I love Algebra :sad:

Generally just unimpressed with things around me right now :tongue: And today started out so great!

Love,

Tyrrirated...

Dear Moon,

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. (((Hugs)))

Love,

Dar

Dear Tyrrirated,

I'm sorry you had such a frustrating test. I see my kids go through that now. My oldest is in Honors Geometry. He had an A till his test Monday (now he has B) and has a mid-term tomorrow. It's been SO long since I had Geometry, I'm practically no help! He sees a tutor 1 to 2 times/week so hopefully that will get him through . . . After seeing what he went through this year, I'm putting my youngest in regular Algebra next year vice Honors. He struggles with math a bit more but once he gets it, he's solid.

Anyway, I hope school gets much better for you and that you absolutely ACE your next algebra test.

Love,

Dar

Dear Reds,

Found out this week that it's for certain-sure happening. We'll be getting letters on Friday informing us that we will be furloughed starting in late April (one unpaid day per week for 22 weeks). We have to sign acknowledgement of them on Friday. The media-trumpeted "cut" is 20% but that is 20% of gross pay. Needless to say, my net pay will be cut significantly more than that . . . I had to reduce the amount I contribute to my retirement savings so that I can continue to pay things like the mortgage, power bill, groceries, fuel . . . So not only is this affecting me immediately in a pay cut, it will affect me in retirement, too. I just wish they'd aimed the cuts at the people that got us into this mess in the first place.

Frustrated,

Dar

Dear Dar, 

Thank you. 

I'm so sorry about that work stuff. It can be irritating when your money is lessened due to other people's mistakes. 

Dear Reds, 

So, Mr Moon has been ballooning and consistently working since mid-December. It's fair to say this has been a good paying job for him. Most weeks, he equals or beats my pay in less work time.

i don't have to kill him now. 

Dear Dar,

I'm so sorry to hear that love. It's utterly unfair! And then they whine and complain about the top richest people losing their hundreds of thousands of tax cuts a year. I think getting them to pay a bit more would be much more fair than once again making the common people pay for the mistakes of the so called elite "experts". It's the same thing everywhere, except in Iceland. There they didn't bail the banks out, they let them go bankrupt. They bailed the people out. Result: Iceland is the only country that has come out of the crisis already and is on the mend. They made those that were responsible for the mess pay the price. As it should be!

Love,

Sympathetic and outraged Myst

Dear Moon,

I'm glad you won't have to kill anyone. That's always a plus! :wink:

Love,

Amused Myst

Dear Reds,

*snugglebites*

That's all.

Love,

Myst

Dear Dar,

Thanks! Maths is really one of those subjects you can't fall behind in, otherwise catching up will be a nightmare. I hope they continue doing well! *snugglebites*

Dear Moon,

I'm so happy to hear that! Nice to have peace in the home :happy:

Dear Myst,

Best. Head. Ever. <3

Dear Reds,

Life is good :happy: Nothing to complain about, except for the scratches and bruises that come from hard work but it leaves you feeling fulfilled, so you don't need to complain. :happy:

Love,

Tyn :wub:

Dear Reds,

I held my niece for the first time on friday.  I held her for 3 1/2 hours straight.  She did as I predicted:  Just about as soon as she was put in my arms she started pooping. :rolleyes: Like brother like sister.  My nephew did the same thing when he was 3 weeks old too.  Gotta love them.

WiFi

Dear WiFi,

first of all *tacklesnugglebites* :biggrin:

Your arms must feel reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally cosey! They only go where they're comfortable, right? :happy:

Love,

Myst

Dear Reds,

My boss told me a few days ago that i am "clearly underemployed".  He was being nice about it, but I'm still not certain how to take that. 

Moon

Dear Moon

Maybe your boss is thinking of promoting you! :wink:

Dear Reds

I'm on Spring Break so i'm checking in! My classes are going well. Political Science is really hard. We have to read a chapter every week and every week we take a quiz on that chapter. Last quiz i got 90%!!! =)

I'm loving my COMP 101 class as well. Doing work in the COMP labs is so much fun because I talk to and joke around with my friends and tutors when i do work there!

I'm rereading the entire WOT series. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of free time when school is in session but i am still attempting a reread. I've read over the break and all!

Hope everyone is good!

Nice to see Myst posting again!!

*snugglebites the Red Head*

Love

Nari

Dear Nari

Sonds liek your doinf well with school. Hope yuor having/had good brek - my brothres break from uni ws bit earlir in month, the wek befoer the equinox, but he jsut stay home a bit ovrtime for the festival, so alway soemting ejoyable for him.

~The wild Taltos

Dear Reds

I thikn my life is finaly cominng backk in some order. Past few months haev been strugling with majuor depresion, which betwen taht and physicl health conditins related to my cancre tretment, Ive been in and out of th hospital. For whiel seemd liek lot of chaos - havin to reslve varity of isues, missin important apointments or delayin chemo for oen reason or anothre, having lot of isues with my famuly and firends, one of thm bein the stress put on thm becaus of my self-destrutive behaviour. 

Past cuople weeks, thogh, things haev seem to be faling back in place: Im proceding with chemo and radition withuot majuor isues yet, my depresion and seizuers have been mosly under comtrol, and I finaly made up an apointment I missd with an ASD specilist on Tuesdayy. My most recnt issue was malnutrtion but now taht I thnk I haev it undre control in meantiem until I see the dietician, Im being able to se more positive. Im even now maeking lot of effort to continnue my studiess and training as a priest, whch haev been put off becuse of my physicl and mental helth. Heres hoping taht I can maintiain soem sort of focus and my memory coperates so it works out :happy:

~The wild Taltos

Dear Reds:

While a lot of you may not know me, some of the older ones do. I've been eaten up by real life for a good while, but since I'm trying to stop into DM these days... I just came by to say hi!!! *snuggles Mystica*

- Arya

Dear Reds,

RL has been a real PITA lately...except I got to see my niece and nephew again yesterday for whole day...that went well till the cat decided to sit on my belly and I was banned from holding the baby... :sad:  but I understand the reasoning...he is an outdoor cat so ya never know what he is bringing in the house.

WiFi

Dear Myst,

It was cosey for her and a bit painful for me...back issues and all...but I wouldn't change it for the world.

WiFi

Dear Brother,

I am so glad things are going better for you now and that you have restarted your studies to become a priest.  :wub: you.

WiFi

Dear Reds,

Today is Lughnasadh (or tomorow for those not yet on August 1), sacred day to my religion. I thuoght I would write thiss here becuse I remember over a year ag now (time realy flies), I wrote how I hadd joined the priesthood - my officiall initiation was held on Lughnasadhh last year. If I had keppt up with my study, I wuold be receiving my firstt order/rank at the festival - and it wuold be 1 year down, abuot 19 years more to go lol. I wasnt able to though; my physical and mental helth has deterioratted alot this past year and ultimately I am now months behinnd on my studies and I hav no idea when I will be able to continue. I therfore wont be getting my order or even atending the festival as Im back in the hospital - therefore, I am very disapointed in myself. Things dont alwys go acording to your plan but I feel it is so offf that Im very embarrased and feel like a failure.  I dont know why this happenedd -- it could be a test, but sinc Im usualy very depresed and negative I usually see it as punishmnt for doing something or not doin something I should. Anyways, hoep evryone has a nice Lughnasadh.

~the Wild Taltos

Life is not your fault man. Shite happens to good and bad people. Do not blame yourself for what cannot be controlled. When you are able I am sure you will pick it up again. Your disappointment is a testament to your willingness and want to continue. Feel emberrassed when you walk away without regret because that just means you weren't in it to begin with.

Nice haircut indeed Moon Sedai :) Short is nice in general, it's easier to maintain and you use less shampoo. I usually get shortish buzz cuts, between that and the fact that my hair has had a tendency to grow like weeds (that reminds me, speaking of real weeds one of these days I really ought to get out and mow ... LOL) and I like to minimise the number of times I need to spend time getting it cut.

It's also gnitseretni, that effect that combination of mirror and camera has on anything in the photo ...

Dear Reds,

August begins well here. I'm finding more time to be active at Dragonmount and it started off with a nice day at work yesterday and a day off today. I'm glad the heat wave seems to have broken, unlike the last couple of years where outside resembled a place a bloke named Dante wrote about. Let's hope the rest of the month is nice like this too. Speaking of writing, I should be getting more to work on my world design for D&D/fantasy writing soon, too. :)

- Amar

Lol, I'm reading "Inferno" by Dan Brown right now.  It's hot here too.

Dear AMA,

I am still super psyched about your wedding. I believe I shall be until I'm there to see it happen :ahppy: Oh btw.. One of your HugBug's here :wink:

Dear Tal,

As the others said, nothing you can help. Life happens.

Dear Moon,

I never knew you had curls? :ohmy:

Dear Reds,

I have a nice bruise on my shoulder. Spent yesterday doing some rifle shooting and then I tried out my friends Stevens 2GA Shotgun. But it was worth it. So much fun :biggrin:

Life feels so exhausting these days. Not a bad exhausting, but the type where you just wish you could catch a break :smile:

Love,

Ty

Dear Tynbrat,

*super glues teh Tyn into place*

Yeah, my hair is curly and thick. The curls only show when it's short because thickness/length trick people into thinking it's wavy.

We miss you when you are not here. 

Moon

Dear Reds,

Hello!!

Just thought I would jump in here and say hi.

I started working overnight and I think I love it. Its hard though since my little monster likes to run me ragged during the day. I need some sleep.

Dear Moon,

I miss you guys too when I'm gone!

Dear Zany,

Won't it be difficult to coordinate sleep, kid and work now? But how are you liking it otherwise? :biggrin:

Dear Reds (and visitors!)

This week is gonna be rough... So many tests, assignments and stuff *yawns* Atleast it ends with my birthday right?! AND I AM SEEING BILLY TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Love,

Tynbrat :wink: