DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Guild Wars

Alachar

• 5 months later...

I played guild wars for 5 years. I still dabble on it once in a while. None of my character names are WoT time related because I only started reading the WoT series a couple months ago. O.o I do have a guildie who has a character named Lanfear though. He is the one who suggested I read this series to start with. Although it was another GW friend that actually sent me the first book and harped on me to read it for 2 years. We play Aion and Rift now in anticipation for GW2! Almost my entire guild went to Aion. Yes its my guild, I am guild leader.

I have all but one title needed for the HoM. I think I might go back and just pvp for a while until I have enough points to have a full hall. I just want that last title!

What are your plans for GW2? (If we ever see it!)

i havent played guild wars but always wanted to try it (tempting when its free lol) but im definately getting GW2 when it comes out though, it looks very promising for a game that does no subscriptions. Also alot of my friends are getting it too so should be fun :).

GW is really cheap right now and there is not pay to play involved. It wont get much better! I suggest trying it out just for fun! It's like 20 bucks now I think. To think I paid like 80$ for the collector edition back in 2005. Ugh...

Well...since "rhea" is a dead WoT character I have several in GW. Rhea is my main character name there and various versions of it. Such as my mesmer's name is Rhea On Ur Mind. Etc... I didn't really put that together until now! I didn't read the books before playing GW, so I guess it was destiny!

GW is really cheap right now and there is not pay to play involved. It wont get much better! I suggest trying it out just for fun! It's like 20 bucks now I think. To think I paid like 80$ for the collector edition back in 2005. Ugh...

collector editions are a waste now mostly because of the garbage they sometimes give you. But anyway yea the price is pretty cheap for Guild Wars and its expansions bundled. Are there any online trials that they offer to try it out?

I spent 5 years playing it and found to be challenging and quite rewarding. I never even tried the pvp! LOL No one I played with did pvp and my alliance was full with 10 full guilds. There was plenty of content and from what I see they still add new content from time to time.

it was We Need Therapy [NOW] which I turned over to a friend when I stopped playing. I started another guild with a different riend Elicit Killjoys [eK]. Rhea Zahir is my main.

I've always felt GWs was always a hollow game, and far to focused on PvP. (I perfer shooters as my pvp, as its actually balanced. :P)

I hardly do any PvP and I've been playing it for about 4 years lol.

And I'm getting sooo impatient for GW 2. Seriously what's taking them so long...

Once GW2 comes out I can kiss my social life goodbye :laugh:

Same!

I've always felt GWs was always a hollow game, and far to focused on PvP. (I perfer shooters as my pvp, as its actually balanced. :P)

I hardly do any PvP and I've been playing it for about 4 years lol.

And I'm getting sooo impatient for GW 2. Seriously what's taking them so long...

I know! It better be better than anything ever for making us wait this long!!!

There is some information about the last profession. it won't be a mesmer, but I have a feeling it will be something 'like' a mesmer.

Check this link --> My link

One of the final questions of the day came from a fan asking what the final profession will be in Guild Wars 2. ArenaNet did not name the skill, but did note that it will be "highly controversial," and that the developer will announce it by the end of the year.

and this one --> My link

We will be conducting small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011. The feedback from these tests will determine when we will do public beta tests and ship the game. BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Have you looked at the latest Sylvari gameplay videos? I like!

Highly controversial? Don't like the sound of that.

Sounds like it'll be out some time next year then ugh...

Just seen the video they have on main site and the pics of the Sylvari so far. I have to say I'm not so keen from what I've seen, although I do like the "grown" armour thing they have going on. One thing I noticed is that a couple have quite cat-like eyes.

What are people going to make as their 1st character? I'm thinking Norn Guardian.

Oh btw, has anyone seen a pic of a female Charr yet? Cos I have this really disturbing image in my head and want to get rid of it...

Highly controversial? Don't like the sound of that.

That's why I don't think it will be a mesmer. Although they could just be saying that to throw us off. We will have to wait and see.

Sounds like it'll be out some time next year then ugh...

I sure as hell hope so!

Just seen the video they have on main site and the pics of the Sylvari so far. I have to say I'm not so keen from what I've seen, although I do like the "grown" armour thing they have going on. One thing I noticed is that a couple have quite cat-like eyes.

I think they are very interesting. Better than the Charr (but I'm a girl)! LOL They also have telepathy which leads me to believe there will be a mesmer type profession. But I am stretching cuz I LOVE MY MESMER!

What are people going to make as their 1st character? I'm thinking Norn Guardian.

I'm waiting till they announce the last profession before I make that call. :rolleyes:

Oh btw, has anyone seen a pic of a female Charr yet? Cos I have this really disturbing image in my head and want to get rid of it...

685px-CharrF_render.jpg

I hope this is better than what's in your head! *giggles*

Oh yeah the sylvari are better than the Charr. I'm not going to bother with the Charr, and maybe not Asuran either. Just too weird playing as something so inhuman lol.

Yeah I love my mes too, she's my main character :)

Oh thank goodness for that! I had this image of...furry...bosoms...*shudder*

Archived