DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Remeber who they caught

Centrino

I am not sure how I feel about Rand getting his hand back, but remember who they caught when that all went down, Semi.. Who was mentioned to be the Best healer in the AOL so if anything perhaps she can teach them how to do the impossible.

I'm not sure even the greatest Healer could give Rand his hand back. I believe it might be possible that Nynaeve is a better healer than even Semi, though not quite as knowledgeable and she wasn't even able to give it back to him.

Besides, after what she did to him, would anybody even be willing to let her embrace the Source?

I agree that it's most likely the case that he is not going to get that hand back but a couple of points.

Rand so far has injuries identical to the fisher king in the game stones, In the game the king isn't missing a hand is he? I don't think so.

Also, to the point of letting Semi channel near Rand, all you would need is an 'adam. The heros of light, lol, have a history of letting those that they should just kill off end up in situation were they can eventually get free, Moghieden<sp>....

Also I strongly disagree that Nynaeave is as a good a healer as Semi, in fact I would be shocked if Cady and Nyn let Semi go before pumping her dry of information.

Anyway just my 2 Cents.

Rand so far has injuries identical to the fisher king in the game stones, In the game the king isn't missing a hand is he? I don't think so.

Just to address that one ...

The unhealing wound(s) in his side are representative of what he will do, in defeating the Shadow. It is (They are) unique, and therefore commemorated in the game. The piece in the game didn't have heron branded palms or dragon marked arms, so he has already been marked in other ways not shown in the game-piece.

Also, to the point of letting Semi channel near Rand, all you would need is an 'adam. The heros of light, lol, have a history of letting those that they should just kill off end up in situation were they can eventually get free, Moghieden<sp>....

Yeah, I agree with that in principle ... however, assuming that Semirhage does know a way to fix it (which is a big assumption), how will whoever wears the bracelet know how to control her weaving? The link doesn't pass knowledge. All Semi has to do is pretend she doesn't know how. The others will readily believe her ... if it even comes up.

Also I strongly disagree that Nynaeave is as a good a healer as Semi, in fact I would be shocked if Cady and Nyn let Semi go before pumping her dry of information.

Nynaeve is probably as Talented in Healing, but Semirhage has several hundred years experience. There are definitely alot of things that Nynaeve could learn from her. And you're right, Cadsuane in particular is going to pump her for information. How successful she will be .... thats the real question.

The unhealing wound(s) in his side are representative of what he will do, in defeating the Shadow. It is (They are) unique, and therefore commemorated in the game. The piece in the game didn't have heron branded palms or dragon marked arms, so he has already been marked in other ways not shown in the game-piece.

That is a good point.

Even were Semi to admit to the knowledge, control of the weaves would have to be given to her. The a'dam would be able to cut off the power in an instant, but i imagine an instant is all a healer like semi would need to kill, and they would have no forewarning because the weaves would be unknown.

It doesn't work that way. An a'dam allows a sul'dam to weave the flows, cause pain and any number of other things, but it neither supplants will nor transfers knowledge. If Semirhage were to heal Rand she would have to weave the weaves, and given that a healing weave can kill the person wearing the bracelet would have no time to realise what she was doing and react.

But surely the fact that if the woman acting as the sul'dam wanted the damane to Heal, the Damane would be unable to do otherwise.

That's how I understood the link to work, the damane is unable to disobey the sul'dam so if the sul'dam wants the damane to heal, the damane heals.

Consider Egwene when she thought of hitting a sul'dam with a pitcher she was unable to pick one up for three days.

No, the a'dam does not supplant will. This is why they need to break damane with pain. Semirhage would no more be required to obey a command then were she free.

As for Egwene; that aspect of the a'dam is specific. It stops the damane from touching anything they think of as a physical weapon--but it does not include the power in that. A damane is not allowed to touch the power without permission, and whilst she is channeling the weaves can be observed and altered by the sul'dam (likely suring training a majority of the weaving is actually done by the sul'dam anyway). Once the damane is trained though, she is broken, and some trust would be allowed.

Semirhage would have to have control of the weaves to weave something no one had ever seen before. A slight change and Rand is dead before anyone even realises she had altered the weave.

Don't you think if they were to talk to her enough, that they could talk about what she said about Graendal. Even if Rand isn't going mad, they could try and see if Lew Therin being in his head was meant to be or just Rand going crazy.

Yeah, though i dont think Semi will be an easy nut to crack even with an a'dam. I like the idea of her being bonded simply because in one fell swoop it completely invalidates her methods. I keep flashing back to the Craft 'I bind you semirhage against doing harm. Harm against yourself and harm against others.'

Could you imagine her face being compelled to never, ever again cause pain?

I still think the Seanchan could tame even the mighty Semirhage!

Do we realy want the Seanchan to have a pet forsaken?

Personally I think that the best way to deal with Semirhage is to use compulsion to get her to swear on the oath rod. No one is stuck with her bond, and she is made into an ally of sorts. The only real problem I see with this is that she could go get herself stilled and then healed to remove that pesky oath.

Yes, the Empress of the Seanchan and all of the other high ranking Seanchan have been killed and there is currently civil war in Seandar the capital city. This news was given to Tuon at the end of Knife of Dreams along with the head of Suroth's dark friend fellow conspirator that was hunting Tuon.

• 1 month later...

Theyve already discovered that LTTs voice is a side effect of insanity. Semirhage quotes Graendal i think in KoD after Rands hand dissappears. She said that insanity creates a link between the person and their past life.

Rand doesnt hear Lews Therin because he is the Dragon Reborn, or because he can channel, or because he is Ta'veren. He hears it because he is partially insane due to the taint on saidin (so yes it is partially because he can channel). She says that LTTs voice is real, but that this means Rand is insane as only insane people hear the voices of their past lives.

Archived