DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai

viking

just wondering if any one els think this is strange if i remeber 3 three oats the Aes Sedai have correct then the only time they are allowed to use the power is against creatures of the dark one or inn defence of the lifes, but then how did Elaida still Siuan ? i mean as far as i understand she is not a Black sister

and i also think ther are multipel oter instanses were aes sedai use the power inn the books inn vialation off the oats, it kinda irritates me cause when a setting is made you shud not break it without an explantion at least i think thats makes the books less "belivebal"

as anyone els noticed this or do anyone have an explantion ?

i love the books but this think kinda frustrates me :)

Guest Majsju

The Oath you are refering to says "to not use the One Power as a weapon" against Shadowspawn or in defence of the own life, the life of a warder or other sisters.

Since Stilling is a legitimate punishment, it apparently is not considered using the OP as a weapon.

I think when it says "as a weapon" that the "spirit of the law" means as a deadly weapon. So while some might consider using a thread of air to knock someone down to be using the power as a weapon, I don't think that would violate the spirit of the law. As long as you aren't trying to kill someone it is ok.

So it would be ok for them to still someone with the power, but if they sentenced the person to death they would not be able to behead them with the power, and indeed I believe the form of execution mentioned was hanging?

Archived