DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

In the beginning...

Christine

"I certainly wouldn't mind having my clothes back on ..." Michelle laughed at him again and tossed him the clothes. Doubting that she'd be giving any more privacy this time around, Arath stuggled to pull his clothing on under the blanket. While pulling his breeches on, the blanket around his shoulders slipped away, leaving his scar exposed to Michelle's gaze. With a hiss, he pulled the blanket back up and fumbled for his shirt, hoping that she hadn't seen. Most people reacted badly to the thing.

Stuffing his feet back into his boots, Arath wondered where he'd go. Probably somewhere that would end up with him getting all dirty again. He'd have to make sure he didn't get tricked into coming up here again next time.

Next time ...? He supposed there would have to be a next time. He did owe her for saving his neck back there, and she'd been more than nice enough for him to repay her that much at least.

"I ... guess I'll see you around then. I have some things I need to do tomorrow, but after that ... I can show you the city." He looked out the window, out into the city. "I guess I know where you're staying, so I can come find you. I'm a little harder to track down ... hopefully," he added with a grin.

"I certainly wouldn't mind having my clothes back on ..." Laughing, Michelle tossed him his clothes, and stared at him, eyebrows raised. Arath figured out quickly that she wasn't giving him any privacy, as she was interested in seeing the scar again. He got dressed quickly and she got a peak of it. How had he gotten such a scar? That would be a question for another day.

"I ... guess I'll see you around then. I have some things I need to do tomorrow, but after that ... I can show you the city. I guess I know where you're staying, so I can come find you. I'm a little harder to track down ... hopefully." Michelle returned the smile, and then pulled him into a hug. He stiffened against her completely, and she had to hide her smile as she pulled away from him.

"I am so glad I got to meet you Arath. Any time you are nearby, please, come visit me. I truly am not that hard to find."

Arath beat a hasty retreat from Michelle's room after making his goodbyes. That hug had definitely not been something he'd expected. It felt strange. It wasn't unpleasant in its way, but he'd felt terribly ... awkward. Ignoring an inquisitive look from the innkeeper and the cook who were arguing over something in the common room, Arath headed out the door and quickly made his way back into the outer portion of the city.

Once back in more familiar parts of town, Arath began hunting for a good place to spend the night. All the while, he was unable to shake the thought of the strange little baker girl out his mind. He would definitely have to keep an eye on her ... he had a feeling that she'd be running into him again whether he wanted it or not.