DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I smell a Game of Thrones

Jason Denzel

Yeah make a tv series out of an incomplete book series. Smart move. Not!

I haven't read the series, no nothing about it other than it is just as popular as WoT

And the fact this guy Conan Stevens that I've been following along time gets to play Gregor McLane or whatever his second name is.

I'm tempted to read the series but am fearful of its completion in the same vein as what happened to our favourite author here.

Beyond that thanks for all your great work JD.

you should read it for the pure sake of enjoyment Senexx. never keep yourself from a good book series just because you don't lke the author :wink: if you go into with the mind set that the next book might never come out, you wont be disappointed.

so when MoL comes out and concludes the WoT series, i highly suggest picking it up *nods*

Red, Terry Pratchett is an author I don't like. It's not that I don't like the author of A Song of Fire & Ice, I don't like the fact it is incomplete. We've been through the incompletion with the Wheel of Time...

Red, Terry Pratchett is an author I don't like. It's not that I don't like the author of A Song of Fire & Ice, I don't like the fact it is incomplete. We've been through the incompletion with the Wheel of Time...

One way to look at it is that if you could have read all 14 books of WoT in one go, would you have gotten involved in the fan community and (presumably) enjoyed discussing the books before they were done?

The other is that whilst ASoIaF is incomplete, Book 3 does 'pause' the story in a manner that does not demand immediate resolution (it's a pause, not a cliffhanger). Reading Books 1-3 as a complete trilogy is just about viable, and you can hold off on the later books until they are done.

One way to look at it is that if you could have read all 14 books of WoT in one go, would you have gotten involved in the fan community and (presumably) enjoyed discussing the books before they were done?

The other is that whilst ASoIaF is incomplete, Book 3 does 'pause' the story in a manner that does not demand immediate resolution (it's a pause, not a cliffhanger). Reading Books 1-3 as a complete trilogy is just about viable, and you can hold off on the later books until they are done.

*(((BLINKS*))) ... WERT!!! ... My Man!!! My Good Man!!! ... To be honest, I am in no way certain what you are trying to say by this rather peculiar-seeming comment of yours. ASOS ending with NO CLIFFHANGERS???

I have to tell you...one of the most ''Book-Reading Cliffhanger Ending Moments'' of my entire life was:

''Quick! Get the guards! This singer has just murdered my lady wife!''

(As that wretched woman, Lysa Arryn, goes flying off into nothingness...)

- Fish

That's not a cliffhanger, as we know she's dead (not even Lysa can bounce down 17,000 feet and survive) ;) That's a dramatic conclusion to a storyline, not a huge cliffhanger ending in the same way Brienne and Cersei are left on cliffhangers in AFFC.

i wouldn't say Cersei is the big Cliff Hanger tbh. given the foretelling, we know how she's gogin to die *cough* Jamie *cough* so theres not threat to her right now.

Bernie on the other hand, thats the real cliffhanger. i suspect she hasn't been killed, but whether she'll agree to kill Jamie or not is another issue for debate.

That's not a cliffhanger, as we know she's dead (not even Lysa can bounce down 17,000 feet and survive) ;) That's a dramatic conclusion to a storyline, not a huge cliffhanger ending in the same way Brienne and Cersei are left on cliffhangers in AFFC.

Alright; thanks for clarifying, Wert. I disagree still, but thanks for clarifying all the same, lol ;)

- Fish

i wouldn't say Cersei is the big Cliff Hanger tbh. given the foretelling, we know how she's gogin to die *cough* Jamie *cough* so theres not threat to her right now.

Bernie on the other hand, thats the real cliffhanger. i suspect she hasn't been killed, but whether she'll agree to kill Jamie or not is another issue for debate.

Red, the main thing I can't wait to have resolved about Bern is what was the WORD she shouted???!!! (Jaime? Sansa? Arya? Boo!?)

- Fish

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to start this series at some point (my to-read list is ten miles long!), and while I don't have HBO, I'm looking forward to watching the adaptation at some point. Regarding the incomplete series issues, maybe having the books adapted for TV will be just the impetus to finish it that GRRM needs. If HBO sticks with it, and doesn't cancel the series before they get to the last book that is currently done, GRRM will start to feel the pressure at some point to get the next book out so that it can be filmed. Otherwise, he will leave the network and its subscribers hanging.

i'd perfer for him to finish it before they get too far into the series, that way Hollywood can't direct the way the series goes like they did with the HP series.

Red, the main thing I can't wait to have resolved about Bern is what was the WORD she shouted???!!! (Jaime? Sansa? Arya? Boo!?)

- Fish

if would have to be a word that would cause Cat to not hang her. so i'm guessing it's something simple like WAIT!

Archived