DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Mat in Rhuidean

raitora

Nice layout, but I have to agree, the anime style has to go.

I judged a high school Art Competition last year, and half of the kids drawings had the ridiculous big eyes, and stylized hair and clothing of Anime.

I'm so sick of seeing that everywhere, that style is weak.

with that said, you do have talent, so keep it up. Just do your own thing.

Yeah I think you have some real talent for a story board and a great sense of movement though I have to sort of agree that the “anime” character design leaves the characters flat. Not saying it can’t be done but maybe branch out from the “Dragon Ball Z” and get exposed to some of the grittier series work out there. I watched a wonderful series the other day on Netflix’s about some sky messengers that had a heavy steam punk feel ( I hate I can’t recall the name.) Just saying you have a great talent that looks like all you need is some deeper personalization. But all in all very good.

Some nice work!

If you are going to use the Anime/Manga style (and by all means, do so! It's a legitimate art style), try to steer away from the childlike, simplistic looking characters. Go for a more realistic feel, with less exaggerated features (especially hair) and more depth and shading.

Archived