DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what will happen to your favorite character?

Isahn

ok guys i dont want to be the harbinger of bad news.....but i have a feeling that Mat (my favorite character) will die trying to save Olver. I'm thinking that once the madness in Caemlyn settles down....some of the trollocs will slip past the walls to Mat's camp, slaying anyone within sight. Mat will arrive just a few seconds too late...a bloodbath ensues....and Mat Cauthon's luck runs out :(

The other is Nynaeve, and her I worry about.

She'll live too. Min had a vision of a babe in a cradle with a sword around Lan. RJ said several times that Min's visions are about the future. That would mean the vision is of Lan's son and I can't believe it could be anyone's but Nynaeve's son. They are married, he is her warder and if she dies he won't live long after that. Lan himself on the other hand might bite the dust given that same vision.

If Nynaeve dies it will crush me.

Lan aint dying. Its too obvious a choice for it to happen.

Rand I see dying andreturning via the bodyswap.

Moridin... if he turns good, or rolls over like the rest, that would crush me as well. But sadly I think its one or the other, so unless he really is Taim I can see him being a letdown as well

He's a secondary character, but I'm confident Talmanes is gone.

Also, If Lan dies, Nynaeve Dies, which would be lousy, since I hated nynaeve until she got married, I got sick of the braid tugging, I wanted to choke entire chapters when she was doing that.

I was disappointed how easily nicola died, I was hoping she'd get a little bit of redemption.

Darllin (spelling? King of Tear?) I think will survive.

And Bela will trample Moridin while Siuan is riding her, saving Rands life.

Also, If Lan dies, Nynaeve Dies,

nope. RJ said so.

Netherlands tour, Dromen and Demonen chat - 6 April 2001

Sanne-Liandra: You said time after time that Lan will die if Nynaeve dies. What about her? She's Aes Sedai, so she will live very long. And he's much older than her anyway. Would she be able to live without him??

RJ: Lan is undergoing the severing effect of his bond to Moiraine which means that he has lost the desire and will to live which is being restored to him by Nynaeve on top of which he loves her. If she dies he really really has no reason to stick around. As for Nynaeve, and Lan dying, women are always a lot tougher, emotionally, than men are. Nynaeve will cry for a very long time when Lan dies and she will go on living.

nope. RJ said so.

Sanne-Liandra: You said time after time that Lan will die if Nynaeve dies. What about her? She's Aes Sedai, so she will live very long. And he's much older than her anyway. Would she be able to live without him??

RJ: Lan is undergoing the severing effect of his bond to Moiraine which means that he has lost the desire and will to live which is being restored to him by Nynaeve on top of which he loves her. If she dies he really really has no reason to stick around. As for Nynaeve, and Lan dying, women are always a lot tougher, emotionally, than men are. Nynaeve will cry for a very long time when Lan dies and she will go on living.

It's actually interesting that the same term was used, that's cool, it doesn't guarantee that Nynaeve lives. Because while all of min's fortellings are about the future, there is a problem with the baby with a sword. Min can't see aviendha's children clearly, which I think means that aviendha gives birth after the last battle, and Elayne's children will be born shortly before TG. And as far as we know Nyn isn't pregnant yet, and definitely isn't gonna crank out a little warder in advance of the LB.

I might be misreading that thing about avi's kiddoes, maybe the difference is that for avi to get pregnant, the pattern and rand have to continue after the LB.

My favorite character has always been Min. We have a lot of clues what will happen to many of the caracters in the future but few of those refer to Min. The only thing Min saw about herself was that she was going to fell in love with Rand. I guess she is one of "the three in a boat" but she doesn´t seem to be mentioned much in fortellings and dreams. That is very exiting since we really can´t figure out what is going to happen to her. I have to guesses:

1. She is going to die. I hope not but it seems likely.

2. Rand is going to survive the LB(which I don´t know he will). He will then start a life far away from his present. Maybe he will settle down on a farm or travel around the world. In this senario I see Min by his side. Avi´s look into an eventual future says that Rand will have kids with Elayn and Avi but never mention any kids with Min. I don´t think that the future Avi experiensed are going to happen but maybe the thing about the kids is going to be true?

Do we really have to wait another year for the final book? Ahhhhh....

My favorite character has always been Min. We have a lot of clues what will happen to many of the caracters in the future but few of those refer to Min. The only thing Min saw about herself was that she was going to fell in love with Rand. I guess she is one of "the three in a boat" but she doesn´t seem to be mentioned much in fortellings and dreams. That is very exiting since we really can´t figure out what is going to happen to her. I have to guesses:

1. She is going to die. I hope not but it seems likely.

2. Rand is going to survive the LB(which I don´t know he will). He will then start a life far away from his present. Maybe he will settle down on a farm or travel around the world. In this senario I see Min by his side. Avi´s look into an eventual future says that Rand will have kids with Elayn and Avi but never mention any kids with Min. I don´t think that the future Avi experiensed are going to happen but maybe the thing about the kids is going to be true?

Do we really have to wait another year for the final book? Ahhhhh....

Min's fate is certainly tied to that of Rand. If he dies then she dies. no question about it. unlike all the other characters she has absolutely no place and no role to play other than being with Rand. she has no kingdom to rule like Elayne and no people to shepherd like Avi. what would she do if he dies? go back to that inn in Baerlon or settle on a farm as you say?

If he lives than she could be with him wherever he goes. and I rather think he'll go someplace very far away if he does survive the LB as there is no place for him in Randlands either.

nope. RJ said so.

It's actually interesting that the same term was used, that's cool, it doesn't guarantee that Nynaeve lives. Because while all of min's fortellings are about the future, there is a problem with the baby with a sword. Min can't see aviendha's children clearly, which I think means that aviendha gives birth after the last battle, and Elayne's children will be born shortly before TG. And as far as we know Nyn isn't pregnant yet, and definitely isn't gonna crank out a little warder in advance of the LB.

I might be misreading that thing about avi's kiddoes, maybe the difference is that for avi to get pregnant, the pattern and rand have to continue after the LB.

Elayne is only about 4 months pregnant at the moment. So, maybe 5 months at TG, which is probably way too early for the kids to be "healthy" at birth.

Min's fate is certainly tied to that of Rand. If he dies then she dies. no question about it. unlike all the other characters she has absolutely no place and no role to play other than being with Rand. she has no kingdom to rule like Elayne and no people to shepherd like Avi. what would she do if he dies? go back to that inn in Baerlon or settle on a farm as you say?

Teach or attend one of the new universities as a philosopher. Stay on as an advisor/baby helper with Elayne. Become a fortune teller. She likes horses, she could be involved with the horse races in Ebou Dar. Etc..

Just because her focus right now is being with Rand doesn't mean she doesn't have any life options without him.

Teach or attend one of the new universities as a philosopher. Stay on as an advisor/baby helper with Elayne. Become a fortune teller. She likes horses, she could be involved with the horse races in Ebou Dar. Etc..

Just because her focus right now is being with Rand doesn't mean she doesn't have any life options without him.

you are talking about real life logic. I'm talking about it from the storytelling point of view. She is one of the main characters in the books. All the others have very clear and important functions in the post LB world (if they survive). It's all spelled out and we don't have to guess. Elayne will be the Queen of Andor. Avi will be a Wise One. Perrin will rule Two Rivers and maybe also Saldea. Mat and Tuon will rule Seanchan. Nynaeve and Lan will rule Malkier. and so on. you can go down the list and tell what everyone will do. and Min? There isn't so much as a whisper about her future role. Yes, she can become a babysitter for Elayne's kids or a go to a farm. But that would look really bad in a story when compared to all the others. Founding a University is a better idea I admit but even that is very unlikely. She studies so hard now because she wants to help Rand. without him I don't see her caring about it at all.

you are talking about real life logic. I'm talking about it from the storytelling point of view. She is one of the main characters in the books. All the others have very clear and important functions in the post LB world (if they survive). It's all spelled out and we don't have to guess. Elayne will be the Queen of Andor. Avi will be a Wise One. Perrin will rule Two Rivers and maybe also Saldea. Mat and Tuon will rule Seanchan. Nynaeve and Lan will rule Malkier. and so on. you can go down the list and tell what everyone will do. and Min? There isn't so much as a whisper about her future role. Yes, she can become a babysitter for Elayne's kids or a go to a farm. But that would look really bad in a story when compared to all the others. Founding a University is a better idea I admit but even that is very unlikely. She studies so hard now because she wants to help Rand. without him I don't see her caring about it at all.

I actually agree with you. I think if Rand permenantly dies, that Min will be killed as well. Just thought I needed to stick up for her a little bit because she sometimes gets a bad rap as nothing but Rand's girlfriend, when I think she is cool and offers more than that.

I actually agree with you. I think if Rand permenantly dies, that Min will be killed as well. Just thought I needed to stick up for her a little bit because she sometimes gets a bad rap as nothing but Rand's girlfriend, when I think she is cool and offers more than that.

Oh, I didn't mean to denigrate Min in any way! sorry if it came off that way. I like her better than all the other female characters except maybe Nynaeve. I was just saying that it looks like she and Rand will live or die together.

Min would the the character I care the most about, and it's hard to say what will happen. I lean towards her living, do to the whole vision of standing around Rand's grave or whatever, but there are ways to bend that. The reason I think she'll die is because she is a normal (relatively) human. She is not like Elayne or Aviendha, who will live for hundreds of years. She'll only live for a couple more decades. Rand is probably as close to immortal as a character can get, assuming he survives Tarmon Gaidon (Which I think is pretty much confirmed in some way or another, the prophecy even says he "lives" in at least some meaning of the word), and it would seem kind of hilarious if Min lived for 40 more years and Rand just kept trucking along with his other 2 wives till 500.

Also, I want her to die. I am not one of those people who want to see my favorite characters live forever. In Harry Potter for example, half the cast got killed off. Personally, I loved that. It is just good writing. Nothing is worse than a cliche Happy Ending story where everyone lives perfect lives. I hope WoT doesn't turn out to be one of those.

I think min's dead, that's why her and rand have been going at it like rabbits but hasn't cranked out a kid. She said when elayne and rand first got together "She won't take the tea." Insinuating that min has been. Min always had a feel of a lack of permanence. Personaly in a way, I think it would be cool if min took some of the spine and demeanor she's been picking up from cadsuane and was the formal face of the dragon family, but that is really just me writing my own hopes into something that doesn't even come close to saying it.

I am hoping Lan and Nynaeve survive. Nynaeve is my favorite female character and I hope to see her and Lan reclaim Malkier and start the rebuilding process.

Though I am not wishing for a bloodbath, I do hope to see some deaths in the last book but not for any characters specifically.

She'll live too. Min had a vision of a babe in a cradle with a sword around Lan. RJ said several times that Min's visions are about the future. That would mean the vision is of Lan's son and I can't believe it could be anyone's but Nynaeve's son. They are married, he is her warder and if she dies he won't live long after that. Lan himself on the other hand might bite the dust given that same vision.

One interpretation of this vision is that the babe is Lan (we certainly know that he had a sword in his hand when he was a baby). The future event that this could refer to is Lan fullfilling his destiny of reuniting the people of Maliker (sp?) at Tarwin's gap. This would make sense in that the pattern had this event planned for him when he was still "a baby in a crib holding a sword", an interpretation that does not depend on his survival of TG.

I'm so pissed that it's been spoiled that Mat will survive. I was gunning for him going out in a blaze of glory.

I have a feeling he will do just that, unfortunately it will have to be in outriggers.

One interpretation of this vision is that the babe is Lan (we certainly know that he had a sword in his hand when he was a baby). The future event that this could refer to is Lan fullfilling his destiny of reuniting the people of Maliker (sp?) at Tarwin's gap. This would make sense in that the pattern had this event planned for him when he was still "a baby in a crib holding a sword", an interpretation that does not depend on his survival of TG.

I think this is the commonly believed interpretation of this viewing but I'm inclined to think it's wrong. Lan had a sword in his hand when he was a baby. Min's viewings are about the future. RJ was particularly insistent about it.

DragonCon 4 September 2005 - Emma reporting

Question: The auras that Min sees: would they ever show the person's past or other elements that are simply unique to that person?

Jordan: No, it is the future.

MSN eFriends Interview 11 November 1998

Slayer: Do Min's viewings always predict the future, or do some tell about the past, mainly the seven towers around Lan in The Eye of the World?

RJ: Um, her viewings are always concerning the future.

In view of these answers ( and the fact that this particular viewing is referenced) I don't think her viewings would represent a future Lan as a babe from the past.

Archived