DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just finished Book 7

Pinkbookdragon

Greetings all! I wanted to introduce myself, my nickname is Pink, or Pinky, and I have been listening to the Wheel of Time series off and on, on audio for about three years now, (since I married my own version of Perrin--minus the beard :perrin::wub: ). I would have gone much faster in listening to them, but I am finishing my Bachelor's Degree in literature which required, needless to say, a lot of reading :happy:. I just finished Book 7: A Crown of Swords, and I am so into the series! A little bit about me: I am currently living in Okinawa, Japan, but will be moving back to the states by the end of this summer, but not sure where yet. I am from San Diego, and I call that home sweet home, and hope to live there again someday. My next big hurdle in life is to go to library school and get MLS. I want to work at a school library and encourage kids and teens to read, and to fall in love with reading like me! :laugh: Anyways, nice to meet you all!

Welcome to DM Pinky!!!! Glad to have you here!

I've been reading WoT by audio for the last year and i am loving it! Though i have read there series on paper many times before.

Japan must be incredibly interesting, are you there for work? I live in Australia, it's so hot here today!! LOL

Anyway have a look through all the forums at DM and join the ones that take your fancy - as many or as few as you like. There's also the RP section of the board if you like to write :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM

Ama

My husband is here for work, and I am finishing my school here. I am so interested in all the forums, but since I am still taking classes it might take me a while to post very much :sad: but after I graduate I am sure I will be on quite a bit more, at least until I start grad. school. What part of Australia do you live in? I have a friend who lives in Perth.

Welcome to DM Pinky!!!! Glad to have you here!

I've been reading WoT by audio for the last year and i am loving it! Though i have read there series on paper many times before.

Japan must be incredibly interesting, are you there for work? I live in Australia, it's so hot here today!! LOL

Anyway have a look through all the forums at DM and join the ones that take your fancy - as many or as few as you like. There's also the RP section of the board if you like to write :)

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or shoot me a PM

Ama

Welcome Pinky to DM.

I still have yet to try WoT by audio, or any books by Audio actually.

I think that sounds like it would be a lovely job, I hope you get your dream. I think if you can do a job which is a passion to you it really helps. I feel the world comes to life when you read, no matter what genre. My Mum was a librarian, so we were never short of books when we were young. I'm with Ama, a bit addicted to this place and have to fit it round work and a 10 year old, (going on 11 - I have to put that here as she is always on at me about her coming birthday, lol)

Pink,

You're from San Diego and now you live in Okinawa. You said you're there for another year and then you will go somewhere. Is your husband in the USMC or USN? I think that would fit with the he is there for work comment.

Welcome to DM! I'm new here too, but not new to the series. Read tEotW 20 years ago in the Persian Gulf.

I definitely know what it is like fitting reading around life and studying. I manage to completely read the series several times around deployments, a wife and kids, and completing a BS while on active duty.

I'm a retired Sailor if you couldn't guess or hadn't read in one of my other post.

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

Japan is a great place! I did a school exchange to there many years ago, and I had a fantastic time! I would love to go back and experience it all over again. So I am quite jealous! lol!

Enjoy browsing the site, and hopefully you will find lots of interesting things to do. If you want any advice, or have any questions, just ask and we will do our best!

• 3 weeks later...

Actually he is in the USAF, we were at Vandenberg for about a year until we went to Japan ;) My husband doesn't exactly fit in with the military lifestyle. When we leave here he will be getting out.

Pink,

You're from San Diego and now you live in Okinawa. You said you're there for another year and then you will go somewhere. Is your husband in the USMC or USN? I think that would fit with the he is there for work comment.

Welcome to DM! I'm new here too, but not new to the series. Read tEotW 20 years ago in the Persian Gulf.

I definitely know what it is like fitting reading around life and studying. I manage to completely read the series several times around deployments, a wife and kids, and completing a BS while on active duty.

I'm a retired Sailor if you couldn't guess or hadn't read in one of my other post.

Okinawa is about as Japanese as Hawaii is American, if that makes sense... :wink:

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

Japan is a great place! I did a school exchange to there many years ago, and I had a fantastic time! I would love to go back and experience it all over again. So I am quite jealous! lol!

Enjoy browsing the site, and hopefully you will find lots of interesting things to do. If you want any advice, or have any questions, just ask and we will do our best!

Archived