DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Could Demandred's army be from the Isle of Madmen?

Cat-Sister

We know from the books that Demandred claims to have an army, although we don't know WHICH army...the only army many have thought it could be is the Asha'man...RJ said Taim is not Demandred (although that doesn't mean Demandred is not in charge of Taim/the black tower...)

ANYHOO Brandon Sanderson has said somewhere that the Isle of Madmen will make an appearance in the books, and it would be weird to just introduce a whole different place in the last book with nothing leading up to it in the books before...

....could it be that the talk of Demandred having an army(that is only MENTIONED) that no one has seen could be in a place, that was only MENTIONED in the books up until this point...

BS did say it would make an appearance...what other ways could it be brought into the story aside from a forsaken army of mad male channelers?

We know from the books that Demandred claims to have an army, although we don't know WHICH army...the only army many have thought it could be is the Asha'man...RJ said Taim is not Demandred (although that doesn't mean Demandred is not in charge of Taim/the black tower...)

ANYHOO Brandon Sanderson has said somewhere that the Isle of Madmen will make an appearance in the books, and it would be weird to just introduce a whole different place in the last book with nothing leading up to it in the books before...

....could it be that the talk of Demandred having an army(that is only MENTIONED) that no one has seen could be in a place, that was only MENTIONED in the books up until this point...

BS did say it would make an appearance...what other ways could it be brought into the story aside from a forsaken army of mad male channelers?

A lot of people think that the red-veiled men at the end of ToM were Madmen or Sharamen. It's been discussed and argued to death in this thread: "Where is Demandred's Army coming from?" Hopefully that'll help answer your question :)

A lot of people think that the red-veiled men at the end of ToM were Madmen or Sharamen. It's been discussed and argued to death in this thread: "Where is Demandred's Army coming from?" Hopefully that'll help answer your question :)

Thanks! didn't see that one...is their one on the red-veiled Aiel as well? I have thought since reading that they are 13x13 converted male Aiel channellers who went off into the blight to fight to death when discovering their channelling abilities...

Thanks! didn't see that one...is their one on the red-veiled Aiel as well? I have thought since reading that they are 13x13 converted male Aiel channellers who went off into the blight to fight to death when discovering their channelling abilities...

Yeah it is. A lot of people believe/believed that the RVmen were Aiel male channelers. I did previously, but after posting in that thread and reading other peoples' remarks I've been convinced that they're not in fact Aiel and so not the Aiel male channelers who've been turned. But again, you'll see the arguments in much more detail there.

ANYHOO Brandon Sanderson has said somewhere that the Isle of Madmen will make an appearance in the books,

where did he say that? I've never heard of this. do you have a reference?

some people here think that Demandred's army comes from the Land of Madmen but I consider it highly unlikely. The Land of Madmen is never mentioned in the novels so the vast majority of readers would never have heard of it. Introducing such a new location in the last book is a bad storytelling device. I don't see it happening.

ANYHOO Brandon Sanderson has said somewhere that the Isle of Madmen will make an appearance in the books,

where did he say that? I've never heard of this. do you have a reference?

some people here think that Demandred's army comes from the Land of Madmen but I consider it highly unlikely. The Land of Madmen is never mentioned in the novels so the vast majority of readers would never have heard of it. Introducing such a new location in the last book is a bad storytelling device. I don't see it happening.

I agree, not to mention a handful of insane male channelers does not really seem like an army to me. Demandred needs something better in my opinion.

I am pretty sure it was an answer in one of his tweets or blogs I read somewhere..but I remember it because I remember thinking the same thing...that it seems odd to throw the Madmen thing in there so last minute...I don't feel like I would like that...

I found a couple of times BS mentioned it in his tweets. They both say the same thing

@tritlo Another question from Iceland here. Will we see more from Shara or the Land of the Madmen?

Brandon Sanderson: RJ said there would be no major action in Shara. He was uncertain on Madmen.

is this what you saw? I would not consider this quote a confirmation that the Land of the Madmen will be in aMoL.

I am pretty sure it was an answer in one of his tweets or blogs I read somewhere..but I remember it because I remember thinking the same thing...that it seems odd to throw the Madmen thing in there so last minute...I don't feel like I would like that...

I found a couple of times BS mentioned it in his tweets. They both say the same thing

@tritlo Another question from Iceland here. Will we see more from Shara or the Land of the Madmen?

Brandon Sanderson: RJ said there would be no major action in Shara. He was uncertain on Madmen.

is this what you saw? I would not consider this quote a confirmation that the Land of the Madmen will be in aMoL.

you know what...it CouLD be...maybe I mis-remembered...

That's the only mention of Madmen that I know of, and the implication is probably only that RJ didn't say one way or the other. (He commented on Shara and Seanchan, but not Madmen.)

Thanks, That's what I thought. and yes, it looks like in that particular quote he is simply trying not to say any more than RJ said already.

Archived