DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ninte calichniye no domashita

LadyWordsmith

It is a pleasure to find myself numbered among such company!

I have long been a fan of the Wheel of Time series, ever since I met my best friend in High School (September 1994) and she (perched on a couch with EotW in her hand) said "I'll talk to you in a minute. I can't stop reading. They're being chased by a big black flying thing!" (I trust I need not explain the scene in question.)

And thus began my love of Jordan's work. ;)

I have followed Dragonmount for quite some time, at least when Jordan's blog was being kept, and on occasion as time permits, and finally have found time to join you all in the merriment! As the grasping claws of Graduate school begin to release their hold (hopefully!), I land in a community of friends.

I look forward to spending lots of time with all of you. :)

And yes (for the moment) my avatar is a quiche.

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

I saw you posted on the Band's Jak o' the Shadow thread. Did you sign up and post following the tweet from the Dragonmount account? Great verses, by the way!

Enjoy browsing the site! You do need to let your hair down every now and then, so do keep popping by. Feel free to keep visiting the Band's Campfires, but do explore the rest of the site.

Thanks!

Why yes I did. I follow Dragonmount on Facebook. ;) As a long-time bard and wordsmith, I could not resist the challenge. :wink:

I'm glad you liked the verses!

I am having a wonderful time exploring the site. So many wonderful places to spend possibly far too much time! (As I do have many creative hobbies that take up plenty of time. :smile: Summary on my bio)

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

I saw you posted on the Band's Jak o' the Shadow thread. Did you sign up and post following the tweet from the Dragonmount account? Great verses, by the way!

Enjoy browsing the site! You do need to let your hair down every now and then, so do keep popping by. Feel free to keep visiting the Band's Campfires, but do explore the rest of the site.

Welcome again to the site Lady, it is good to see you getting around the boards.

Well, I have learnt what SCA means, I have seen it mentioned a few times and does sound like it is really great fun. I'm she we have things like that here (England), but i'm not sure to such a wonderful extent.

We also have a guild for Writers, artists and crafters here, if you haven't found it already, or you could create a character or two and join the WoT RP section here. Do drop by some of the Social Groups as well, the more the merrier, if you have the time.

Welcome again!

Hi Talya! Thanks!

Why yes yes you do. You have the entire SCA kingdom of Drachenwald! (Which covers all SCA members in Europe, the Middle East, and South Africa) The SCA is an international organization. :smile: I have had many friends who, on trips to England have made a point of stopping at SCA events. Which seem to be particularly awesome in Europe as you have all those wonderful old castles and other real locations of medieval relevance to have events 'at!'

I have found my way over to the Writers and artist's guild, thank you. :smile: I am definitely contemplating joining the RP, though that may have to wait until 'after' I finish my Master's thesis (which is a novel, and edits are due in March).

Welcome again to the site Lady, it is good to see you getting around the boards.

Well, I have learnt what SCA means, I have seen it mentioned a few times and does sound like it is really great fun. I'm she we have things like that here (England), but i'm not sure to such a wonderful extent.

We also have a guild for Writers, artists and crafters here, if you haven't found it already, or you could create a character or two and join the WoT RP section here. Do drop by some of the Social Groups as well, the more the merrier, if you have the time.

Welcome again!

Recipe exchange! I love recipe exchanges...and yes, yes, Lady Wordsmith does make wonderfully delicious and creative food. :D I've had the pleasure of enjoying it many times. ;)

I'm afraid the recipe I enjoy sharing the most is a bit of a lengthy process...I wonder if I can simplify instructions for the yeast bread with 2lb chees filling....*becomes thoughtful*

I hear you on the lengthy process of the trading. I still like the idea though. I made a creme de menthe chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream for my mother in law not all that long ago.

*chuckles* I'm not worried about the time of trading recipes. Just the length of my favorite. I think it usually takes up around two pages single spaced in Word and about 3 hours to make. ;)

The cake sound Delicious! Yum.

I hear you on the lengthy process of the trading. I still like the idea though. I made a creme de menthe chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream for my mother in law not all that long ago.

Sounds delicious. :) I have a dark chocolate raspberry torte (with a chocolate raspberry buttercreme filling) that sounds similarly tasty.

It sounds like all of you should pop along to the Artists, Writers and Crafers Board. If you join there the Crafters are always looking for those who love cooking and recipe sharing is totally encouraged.

Already have! One of the first places I headed. :smile:

Not sure we can stop talking about food. Though we shall definitely go find food-friendly places to discuss it. :wink:

And don't forget that if you want to review restaurants (since you are a foodie), the Band is the place to do that. Which reminds me, I should do the review of the Thai restaurant I went to last night...

Archived