DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did Aviendha see the 1st age?

Dagon Thyne

I just got to the part where Aviendha goes through the pillars at Rhuidean and see's the guys with trucks and guns......I can only assume that she was seeing the Aiel in the first age dealing with Westerners....

JR has always said that many of the stories from the first age were based on stories from modern times in our world.....Like for instance the Great Road made of metal that is being built in the west would of course be the cross country rail roads in America....and America is even used as the basis for the Story of Merc and Mosk (I'm not sure if I spelled the names right or not) fighting with spears of fire. So it is safe, in my opinion, that when she was seeing the 1st age, which many have already speculated that is completely based on our world....

She was seeing into the fourth age, not the first. We see evidence of guns and trains here at the end of the third age, but it will be 50-500 years before they spread out, probably closer to the 50, but we don't know what kind of damage will be seen from Tarmon'gaidon.

Archived