DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

May I step under your shade?

snkmatho

Clearly I'm new here, and here's my history.

I just finished reading the 13th WoT book, having started the 1st one late last year.

I'm in the process of discharging from the Army, and expect to be at home with a lot of spare time in the near future. That time I expect I will dedicate to playing xbox, starting up my artistic ventures again (likely based on WoT characters and events), and doing some writing of my own. I have to do something to keep me busy while I wait for book 14 don't I?

I expect I'll be on these pages a lot, and look forward to interacting with you all in the time to come.

If I like you, I may even show you my pictures... though that will take a while.

idyo

My shade and water are yours idyo.

Welcome to Dragonmount! There's loads to check out here at DM *nudges the writer towards the RP side* LOL Seriously though check out some of the social groups if you like there's plenty of fun to be had along with the serious WoT discussions. :)

So then, who is your favouite character?

Oh and another Aussie!! Where are you from? I'm on the NSW north coast :)

Ama

My fav? Has to be Uno. Not a primary character I know, but being a soldier myself and knowing what it's like to change between military conversation and civilian conversation, every time he goes to swear and stops himself I have a chuckle.

Aside from that Mat makes me laugh the more I read of him.

I'm from Central NSW, near the centre of Aussie Country music. Just moved here from Sydney.

Oh, and what's RP?

I think Uno is a great character too :-)

And you are only about 4 hours from me Lol

RP is role playing. You create your own WoT inspired character and write posts from their perspective. Check the last section on the main forums list to see what its about.

I actually joined DM for the RP and i love it, from there i moved into the social groups.

Hmmm... may have to look into that once I get out. Tomorrow is my last day in uniform. Looking forward to being a stay-at-home dad for a while.

It'll be good to have a creative outlet, more than just swearing at my Xbox Live friends as we kill each other.

Happy retirement? LOL How long have you been in? My younger brother is in Townsville serving at the moment, and i grew up an Army brat living all over the east coast. I actually applied for an ADFA scholarship when i was in high school but missed out - failed the medical because of mild asthma.

I was in for 9 years, and planned to stay in until forced retirement age... but alas it was not to be.

Still, hopefully the fact that I'm being medically discharged will entitle me to a pension, which will enable me to pursue a more artistic life.

Hey there Idyo! Looks like my Sis is taking good care of you here, but just wanted to say hi - always nice to see another Southerner joining up :biggrin:

That's as in Southern Hemisphere ... lol ... South Africa here. Now, the all important question: rugby or cricket? cricket cricket cricket say cricket

Can't we talk Rugby instead, lol

Welcome idyo, congrats for 9 yrs in the Army, I'm not sure about the easy life being a stay at home Dad, that doesn't sound too easy at all. How many kids do you have? You can always start reading WoT to them, when you feel like rereading the series.

I would love to see some of your pictures. i would so love to draw, I like doing creative things, but my drawing is quite good enough.

I'm a fan of both games, actually, though I don't play either myself. I do enjoy spectating.

I have one child, a 5 year old boy, and he's awesome, so I really do expect life as a stay-at-home dad to be easier than the last 9 years of my life.

I'll get around to posting pictures, eventually, but I haven't even started drawing them yet.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I look forward to seeing you all around.

I would just be totally biased and say the Black Tower...not that I'm head of them there or nothing much...honest.. >.>

But there are others, depends what you would like, The Band is very much music and travel, it's great fun there too with Corki running the place (just don't let him know I said that) the Ogier if you like books. The White Tower, well the White Tower is the White tower and fun all round. but so are the other Social Groups. Pop into any of them and start a thread, saying you are new, you'll be sure to get a warm welcome.

and don't think you can only join one, join as many as you like, they usually have some kind of promotion system within the Groups to make it fun as well as getting to know people.

If you like to RP we also have a whole community for that as well, and also the WoT discussion boards of course. But don't limit yourself to just one place feel free to look around. If you have any more questions then just ask...:smile:

The Band is very much music and travel, it's great fun there too with Corki running the place (just don't let him know I said that)

I saw that, and have quoted it so it will never ever be lost...unless we move boards again! :bandredhand:

Anyway, welcome to DM! :biggrin:

And since I am English, and you said you enjoyed watching cricket, I am going to gloat over the fact we won the Ashes in your backyard! :biggrin:

Seriously, enjoy browsing DM and taking part in the various activities across the site. There are many great places, and being totally biased as well, The Band of the Red Hand tops my list! The best thing is to have a look in each public board to see what goes on and takes your fancy. And don't hesitate to ask us further questions if you are still lost!

The Band is very much music and travel, it's great fun there too with Corki running the place (just don't let him know I said that)

I saw that, and have quoted it so it will never ever be lost...unless we move boards again! :bandredhand:

Anyway, welcome to DM! :biggrin:

And since I am English, and you said you enjoyed watching cricket, I am going to gloat over the fact we won the Ashes in your backyard! :biggrin:

Seriously, enjoy browsing DM and taking part in the various activities across the site. There are many great places, and being totally biased as well, The Band of the Red Hand tops my list! The best thing is to have a look in each public board to see what goes on and takes your fancy. And don't hesitate to ask us further questions if you are still lost!

Yeah but we have a perfectly valid excuse for not beating you this year... *insert perfectly valid reason here*

Please to meet you all. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Like the perfectly good excuse we beat you at Rugby in 2003... *grins* Sorry couldn't resist...

Like Corki says, have a look round and if you need any help just ask, there are plenty of helpful people on these boards who are only too willing to help.

Hello again Lady! *waves*

Archived