DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Angry about Super Bowl

dscott8

Not about the game, about the music:

1. Before the game, Fox TV brought out one of the stars of its series Glee (which was coming up right after the game) to sing "America The Beautiful". Let's be clear, folks -- this is NOT the National Anthem! By Act of Congress on March 3rd, 1931 (36 U.S.C. § 301) the National Anthem of the United States is "The Star-Spangled Banner". The cameras showed players and fans doffing hats and placing hands over their hearts for a song that is NOT the National Anthem, which is WRONG.

2. When they DID get to the National Anthem, Christina Aguilera blew the lyrics. Come on, Christina! "The twilight's last REAMING"?!?!? Third graders get this right every day, and a 5 time Grammy winner, invited to sing in our county's honor at the most-watched sporting event of the year, not only forgets a line and substitutes another, but gets that subbed line wrong? If your memory's not that good, get a TelePrompter!

As an American Military Veteran, I am offended by these marks of disrepect to our National Anthem.

Yeah my jaw hung open for a few seconds after the national anthem botching, though it sounds like it was fortunate that I then had to go to work and didn't get to see the half-time show. Of course I've never really been a fan of the half time show, the Super Bowl is about football. Period.

puppy bowl definitely pwns super bowl, even when they do manage to sing the national anthem well. which isn't easy. if you'd watched the puppy bowl instead, like i did, you'd have been much happier. except i really don't think it was right to put those poor little yorkie pups out with the big guys. thankfully, they seemed to only be there briefly and did not appear to be overly smushed. and that slippery part in the middle of the field was clearly not a good thing, and probably cause a few sprains and strains at least. still, better than football.

lol i remember when the puppy bowl first aired.  it's cute for a while, but then just gets a bit boring.  i have 2 dogs of my own and a kat, so they tend to be a bit more entertaining  :wink:

the only good thing imo about this years superbowl was the Green bay won, like i said they would   :cool:

i deo agree that the half time show sucked, bubba brings up a good point about it.  the Black Eyed Peas had the show for the season opener and that didn't get great ratings; so it was a bad idea to give them the half time show for the super bowl as well.

personally, i blame Justin TImberlame & Janet Jackson.  ever since their "clothing failure" a few years back, the Half Time shows have been less than entertaining.  not because i enjoyed what happened in the Halftime show, but because the NFL is being alot more cautious with who they chose for it.

the BEP's sucked though, you cold barely hear anything.  the only part i enjoyed was with usher, but thats only cause i've been a fan of his since the 90's.  and even then it sucked because i couldn't hear Usher sing.

:mellow: kiv was at the Superbowl :blink: i knew he was Nae Bliss!! :laugh:

:biggrin: My bro's in advertising and he works on the Subway account . . . Subway does a lot of advertising with ESPN. So he got an all expenses paid trip for 2 to the game, access to parties, and some lovely free gifts (including an XBox Kinect). I was just along for the ride :biggrin:

(BTW, hold off on that whole Nae bliss thing where Verbal can see it. The Ewok'll get jealous)

Speaking as a musician, no matter how many times you have performed a song, no matter how much you have practised it, sometimes a line or two just blinks out of existence. And on stage, you can't spend an extra second or two trying to dig up that line, you would just screw up even more.

Speaking as a WOT-geek, it's Nae'blis. biggrin.gif

Speaking as a musician, no matter how many times you have performed a song, no matter how much you have practised it, sometimes a line or two just blinks out of existence. And on stage, you can't spend an extra second or two trying to dig up that line, you would just screw up even more.

But on this site, "Nae Bliss" sounds more fun.

But on this site, "Nae Bliss" sounds more fun.

Only if spoken with a Scottish accentbiggrin.gif

how about Neigh Bliss instead :bela:

j/k on that one lmao

so how was the superbowl? just like any other NFL game as far as actually being there, or was it alot cooler?

A bit of both. The in-stadium experience was just watching football - but with the stakes, everything was heightened. Every play mattered, fans were going crazy. Take "playoff atmosphere" and ratchet it up 5 notches.

Archived