DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calling all Dreamers! Had any prohperic dreams lately?

Phil_Megrim

Okay the rules are simple, they have to be directly related to Wheel of Time not as the book like you buying AMoL but as the world and the dream shouted prophecy.

For instance

I was standing within the ruins of some sort of building, white marble rubble strewn everywhere and only the hollow husk of the building remained. Then I see a sea of green flowing rapidly down a slope heading towards a large body of water that went right up to the ruins of the building like some sort of boat ramp. However the sea of green were countless women in green dresses rushing downwards towards the water's edge. Suddenly I'm at the front line and before me on motorized boats carrying automatic weapons I see an army of Trollocs attacking the army of women who I instantly recognized as Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. Whatever it was shouted of long years from now.

So unless I'm going mad have any others had a propheric dream related to the Wheel of Time?

I've had dreams like that. I had one where i was executed... hung. I remember exactly the fury and the pain. It was disturbing.

Incidently, in case anyone is interested: Dreams are caused by random synaptic fire in the brain... the brain is literally turning its circuits on and off. Some of this is includes that parts of the brain that recieve and intepret physical stimulai, but its such a mishmash of random signals that the brain can't stand the chaotic nature of it, so it reinterprets the information in reference to what it knows. Images, encounters... it matches them from memory and prior experience, including imagined ones. Thats why you'd get references to WoT... got WoT on the brain.

Yeah I know that ... I'm just wondering how I got the feel of flying.

Of course, since I've never flown in real life, (without a plane) I don't know that what I felt IS what it would actually feel like. My knowledge that I was flying is a part of the dream itself. Still, the overall effect was strange.

I had a dream once where I was bring chased by a dinosaur, which somehow I was easily outrunning. Then it shot me in the leg. I remember thinking, "What? Dinosaurs don't use guns!" When I woke up I was bleeding on my leg where the dinosaur had shot me in my dream. It was just from a trophy that had fallen from a shelf over my bed and cut my leg during the night, but it is strange how our minds interpret things.

Guest Winespring Brother

I've had loads of dreams about WoT. It happens all the time when I am reading the books. The problem is that a few hours after waking I cannot remember what I dreamt.

So seeing as a Dreamer remembers their dreams, there was clearly nothing prophetic in mine :(

I dreamt about an RP I was involved in years ago, a couple months before Winters Heart.

In the RP, we created The Black Tower, of which I organized my fellow Storm Leaders, Attack Leaders and Asha'man to raise a large, black wall around the Farm...

..the the .pdf prolugue of Winters Heart came out and guess what was in it... :)

For weeks I was accused of being RJ, that was fun times..anyways..

Ok so this doesn't have to do with the WoT so I guess I'm breaking the rules, but it has really freaked me out. You see, I'm at college living in one of the towers the college provides for housing. About a week ago I began to have dreams about me being inside the tower and it collapsing on top of me because of an earthquake. Pretty scary dreams. Two days ago the student union put up an announcement up on the bulletin down stairs. It said "Did you know we've had four earthquakes in the last week? On Friday September 29 meet in the commons and learn how to survive an earthquake in the Towers." I swear to you. Freaky stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Administrator
I've had dreams like that. I had one where i was executed... hung. I remember exactly the fury and the pain. It was disturbing.

Incidently, in case anyone is interested: Dreams are caused by random synaptic fire in the brain... the brain is literally turning its circuits on and off. Some of this is includes that parts of the brain that recieve and intepret physical stimulai, but its such a mishmash of random signals that the brain can't stand the chaotic nature of it, so it reinterprets the information in reference to what it knows. Images, encounters... it matches them from memory and prior experience, including imagined ones. Thats why you'd get references to WoT... got WoT on the brain.

I dream very rarely, *probably a sign of not enough R.E.M sleep....* but when I do, they are ussually still 'memorable' in the sense that I might not recall them 10 minutes after I dream them, but when something just like the dream hapens I get an extreme sense of de'ja'vu...

coincidently, thats exactly why I remember them..

Like 5-8 years ago, I had this dream I was sitting in this class room, 2nd seat from the front of the room, on the last row near the wall, the door was on the opposite end of the room. In the corner, where I sat, was a tv in the corner. A desk in front of me with a computer. *very common set up for the high school I went to*.

Anyways, the dream consisted of a teacher talking about something very very boring about a specific topic, I can't remember what it was, as I hadn't even heard of it then... *Or at least, not read it in its entireity. *Kinda like how I knew 'of' how to kill a mocking bird, but I never knew what it was about till I read it.*

During my senior year of highschool, I just randomly remembered that one dream, and deja'vu hit me like a rock to the face. I was sitting in that exact spot, listening to that exact lecture....

Uggh I hate deja'vu! :P

Then there was that time, I dreamt something really odd.. I was sitting in this one building, like an office complex, with a tv in it.. *or a computer not sure*. Anyways, the tv started glowing a bright red color.. After everyone in the room saw it. *abour 4 other people* we started high tailing it out of the room. After we exited the room, and moved down the hall way about 20 feet, we heard an explosion.... when we looked back, the room we were in was completely destroyed....

The Deja'vu part was, that morning when I woke up, and about 12 hours later, My pc decided to die on me. Not deja'vu, just highly ironic, that an 'electronic' item, 'blew up' and my coin phrase for everytime I have pc problems is 'my computer blew up.'... :P

*edit*

I nearly forgot, I predicted the 4 door pickup truck, a whopping 2 years before they came out, as well as an Aliens 4 movie, another 6 years in advance! I think I also predicted Barney would die a horrible death to an alligator... which might be slightly true......

Archived