DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello Dragonmount

J_coop_er

Hi everyone, ijust joined recently. I've yet to read The Towers of Midnight and Can't wait to get a hold of a copy. I think that i prolly have had a different experience "reading" the WOT series seeing how i don't read them but listen to the audio books. When the series is finished i plan on buying the whole set and acually reading them but for now i get to listen to them at work. Awesome way to burn through days at work though! anyway justwanted to pop in and see whats up.Peace

Hello, my dear, and welcome to Dragonmount! Towers of Midnight is wonderful, I'm sure you'll love it! We have many social groups here at DM, and I'm sure you'll be able to find one you like the look of and join in the fun. :)

And, gosh, buying all those books at once could make a hefty dent in one's wallet, haha.

Thank Myrenna! Yeah this seems like quite the place. It's hard to join any forums though cuz i don't want any spoilers on ToM. . . Hope to have it read though in two weeks or so, that will help. Any sugestions on any orgs to join. i'm thinking the BT since from there my name comes from. I'm sure they'll come out with some sets of the complete series when it's finished. i hope they make one with the the last three books in one like RJ planned to do. a Memory of Light.

Welcome to DM! :biggrin:

As for Social Groups to join, I am going to be totally biased and say the Band of the Red Hand! I am Mat Reborn! We are DM's music, travelling and eating out Social Group, with plenty of fun had. Feel free to drop by our Campfires to see for yourself.

Hi all,

Just finishing The Shadow Rising, love it. My husband got me into the books about 6 months ago. I'm not a fast reader so I've been listening to them on cd in the car, you can imagine trying to deal with a busy roundabout and trying to concentrate on Aiel history! I drove back crying from work coz perrin had just found out his cousin was alive after the trolloc battle. Anyone else listening rather than reading? I sometimes miss bits, but it helps that my hubby knows the books inside out.

:aessedai::bandredhand:

with one and two year olds running around when i'm home i have little time to read. Praise the Light that they did these in audio format or would never have read them. i listen to books all day at work, can get in 7-10 hours in one day sometimes. so if i wanted i could listen to the whole series over in three months which i could never do by "reading" them. i doubt there are many that could. well,maybe, but i'm not the fastest reader. i will read them though at some point. i think it will be a different experience. might catch things i missed too! for now though, two thumbs up for listenind to them.

I have read the the series multiple time and have just reached ToM on a full re-read by audio book. I have really enjoyed listening to the series - though i worry about if i have missed bits as i listen before i go to sleep and sometimes i forget to turn it off LMAO

Hey Black jack, welcome to DM, and I see you have joined the BT, good choice and I'm totally biased, but The Band is always good fun.

I can see that audio books are perfect for you, of course your little ones will grow being experts on WoT by the time they are 5, lol. I have to say that I read the books, rather than listen, but it's something I may give a go one day! I just LOVE books, lol

I have read the the series multiple time and have just reached ToM on a full re-read by audio book. I have really enjoyed listening to the series - though i worry about if i have missed bits as i listen before i go to sleep and sometimes i forget to turn it off LMAO

I would never shut them off if i listened to them before bed, I would fall asleepfor sure. . (not in any that they would put me to sleep or anything). But I'm all for getting as much WOT in as you can! how do you like the audios?

Archived