DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

mark

tipwong

The woman came to stand over the bed - her movements were so graceful, Min felt a stab of envy,

though she had never before envied any woman anything - and smoothed Rand's hair as if Min were not there.

"He doesn't believe yet, I think. He knows, but he does not believe. I have guided his steps, pushed him, pulled

him, enticed him. He was always stubborn, but this time I will shape him. Ishamael thinks he controls events,

but I do." Her finger brushed Rand's forehead as if drawing a mark; Min thought uneasily that it looked like the

Dragon's Fang. Rand stirred, murmuring, the first sound or movement he had made since she found him

has lanfear marked rand? :huh:

Healing would have resulted in more than a stir and a murmur. But we know he can feel it when a woman channels. She might have channeled... something there. She might have marked him in some way. My guess is that she placed a 'tracker' on him, so she would always know where he was. It explains why she knew where to find him in the Waste and on his journey to Tear.

Jordan already answered this question. She delved him but she didn't do anything else!

Do you have a quote to back that up?

http://www.wotdb.com/interviews/question/274

What did Lanfear do to Rand at the end of The Great Hunt, when she drew the Dragon's Fang on his forehead?

She drew the Dragon Fang on his forehead. For exactly the reason you would think.

That's not saying much, now is it?

No it really isn't. The more I read RJ's quotes, the more I realize that it would've been incredibly frustrating to be the one interviewing him. He RAFO's 99% of anything meaningful and the remaining 1% he answers with purposefully vague and deliberately misleading answers like that. But I digress.

Jordan already answered this question. She delved him but she didn't do anything else!

Having read the quote, yours is one interpretation, but "for exactly the reason you would think" is a very open ended statement, since what "you think" isn't exactly a definitive and clear standard.

What did Lanfear do to Rand at the end of The Great Hunt, when she drew the Dragon's Fang on his forehead?

She drew the Dragon Fang on his forehead. For exactly the reason you would think.

Could the reason for the Dragon Fang being drawn on his head be just because he is the Dragon?

Could the reason for the Dragon Fang being drawn on his head be just because he is the Dragon?

Hmmm, possibly. Or perhaps the mark was something that Lanfear used as a "Finder" on Rand so that she could find him whenever she wanted to do so.

Do you have a quote to back that up?

http://www.wotdb.com...ws/question/274

Wrong quote. (Haldir's bad, not yours.)

DragonCon 4 September 2005 - Emma reporting

Question: In The Dragon Reborn, Lanfear visits Mat as he is recuperating from his One Power surgery over the dagger. At one point she stretches out her hand towards him and he feels a tingle going over him, somebody interrupts them, and she turns her head and sobs, at about the same time a member of Black Ajah stole angreal and ter'angreal6 out of the Tower cache, one of which was a ter'angreal that was known to have some effect on chance. So it was about this time that Mat's really really really weird luck and the dice rolling in his head began. Is this a connection or coincidence?

Jordan: That is a coincidence. When they say that Mat has the Dark One's own luck, he can get as mad as he wants to, but in a way it is true. It wasn't a gift from Lanfear, though.

Question Part 2: In that case, what was Lanfear doing?

Jordan: She was checking his health. She doesn't care very much, except that he is important to Rand, to Lews Therin, him and Perrin both, so she is interested in, the one she wants mainly is Lews Therin, or wanted anyway, and uh, so she is interested in these other two ta'veren, who seemed to be tied in with him, because they might be important to him.

Wrong quote. (Haldir's bad, not yours.)

Well this one I remember, but it's the wrong scene :wink:

We were talking Falme and Rand, not TV and Mat.

Yes dear. Which is why I said it was Haldir's bad, not yours. :wink:

Ahhh. I made the same mistake as Yoniy0. I had to read your last post twice to realize the quote you provided was the one Haldir was referring to not the one you thought Not Too Hasty was referring to in his topic post.

Sorry I was away :) and it seems I made some confussion by misstake! Yes I thought on the scene with Mat! Sorry for mixing up things guys. But in all honesty couldnt she delved Rand as well. I think she simply wanted to check Rand/Lewis health. I dont think she has done anythong else like Finder! So it is still my opinion that she simply delved him!! And marked him a Dragon!!

Sorry I was away :) and it seems I made some confussion by misstake! Yes I thought on the scene with Mat! Sorry for mixing up things guys. But in all honesty couldnt she delved Rand as well. I think she simply wanted to check Rand/Lewis health. I dont think she has done anythong else like Finder! So it is still my opinion that she simply delved him!! And marked him a Dragon!!

I'll tell you what my problem is with this scenario. That was before Nynaeve got to him. Moiraine later said that Nynaeve must've done something, otherwise Rand might not have made it. Nynaeve claims that she didn't, so perhaps Lanfear did, but the point is he was critical. If she'd have Delved him, she'd know that. Why would she then just disappear, when she obviously cares for him? In for a penny, as they say...

Archived