DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Superbowl '11

Wolfst3r

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the superbowl

I'm taking the packers in a defensive bout. I have a feeling that this game is going to come down to QBs and I just like Rodgers more than Roethlesberger(sp?) in a QB duel. That and the one weakness, granted not much of one, of the Steelers is there CBs, and the Packers have some WRs that can just take over a game, while the CBs for the Packers are some of the best. They have Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson established and Sam shields has had a pretty good post season thrown in with Collins deep. That's not even mentioning Matthews, Hawk, Raji and Jenkins up front. The key for the packers will be to keep running it, even if they don't gain a lot, they have to keep the balance.

On the other side the Steelers defense is banged up. Their star DE won't be playing, Polamalu I still don't think is back to 100%, though with this time off he may be. They do have a vicious line backer core, and I've already mentioned their CBs. On the offensive side of the ball, it isn't looking good that Pouncy is going to play and he's a big part of their rushing attack.

See that's the great thing about Green Bay. They don't need to have a rushing attack that gets 5-6 yards per attempt. All they need is to run it. That forces Pittsburgh to keep at least 4 rushing and helps to keep Polamalu occupied for some plays at least, which helps to open up the passing game.

For the love of God let the Steelers win, I hate the Packers with the fury of the Dark One. As to actual football, missing Pouncey won't hurt the running game, the backup is really solid. Where it will hurt will be the passing game and the Pack's rushing schemes. I think the D's are pretty evenly matched, but the Packers being so one dimensional will hurt them in the long run. The Bears almost beat them in the 2nd half with their 3rd string QB, hopefully Raperberger carves them up.

Archived