DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The female forsaken in AMOL

Niniel

Hi. There are many speculations about AMOL and what is going to happen in the LB. It´s quite obvios what the male forsaken will be up to. Dem is going to be super general number one and meet Mat on the battlefield. Moridin is going to have some sort of duel with Rand. But what roll will the lady forsaken play? Here are some thougths:

Moggy - She is going to have jet another fight with Nyn. Ofcorse she will lose, since she is in fact a looser. We know that Nyn knows how to make balfire...

Graendal - We don´t know what happend to her in the end of TOM besides that she had a creepy meeting with SH. Was she mindtrapped? It would certainly fit it Moridin has three women in service since Rand has three of his own. (Ofcourse there are differens between them but you see my point...) Has Graendal been totaly crushed after her meeting with SH/maybe being mindtrapped? If she is, well then maybe her part in the LB will be to hunt down Perrin and Faile (again!). But if she has som spirit left I would love it if she sneaked up on Moridin and made him bow to her as the new naeblis. Then she have to die by the hand of...? Perrin? Elayne?

Lanfear/Cyndane/Mierin - I can´t deside her roll in this game. I think she will assist Rand at the bore but how or why I don´t know. Has she returned to the light? No, I don´t think so.

I think since RJ has made some strong female caracters it would be strange if the female forsaken just going to be Moridins puppets in the LB. So let me know your thoughts. What do you think?

(And sorry for my spelling. My english isn´t that good.)

Sadly, with so much left to do in so little time, I don't think the three ladies left standing will get much to do. I was pleasantly surprised to see at the end of aMoL that Cyndane/Lanfear is likely to have a role, having been mostly invisible. But I think Moggy and Graendal will just be pets on a leash, who don't really do anything independently and stand or fall (i.e. fall) with Moridin. I think when he dies, their mindtraps will be crushed and that will be the end of them.

It's a shame, as I think all three are interesting characters. Moghedien, especially, has been virtually non-existent in recent books, having been a major villain in books 4-6. As for Graendal - wasn't there a quote from Sammael's messenger to Rand about 'Why should we let Demandred and Graendal be the last two left to pick over the bones?' Dem and Graendal have indeed turned out to be the last two independent Forsaken (apart from Moridin, who is a special case), and now I think we're down to just Dem.

I had hopes that Graendal or Moggy might turn out to be the one Forsaken who survives and carries on as a loose thread - but now, I don't think so.

Graendal - We don´t know what happend to her in the end of TOM besides that she had a creepy meeting with SH. Was she mindtrapped? It would certainly fit it Moridin has three women in service since Rand has three of his own. (Ofcourse there are differens between them but you see my point...) Has Graendal been totaly crushed after her meeting with SH/maybe being mindtrapped? If she is, well then maybe her part in the LB will be to hunt down Perrin and Faile (again!). But if she has som spirit left I would love it if she sneaked up on Moridin and made him bow to her as the new naeblis. Then she have to die by the hand of...? Perrin? Elayne?

Lanfear/Cyndane/Mierin - I can´t deside her roll in this game. I think she will assist Rand at the bore but how or why I don´t know. Has she returned to the light? No, I don´t think so.

I think since RJ has made some strong female caracters it would be strange if the female forsaken just going to be Moridins puppets in the LB. So let me know your thoughts. What do you think?

No worries about the spelling. For one, you make a really good point about Lanfear assisting Rand to seal the Bore, that makes so much sense! After all she was the one who created it! Had never considered that. Also, it would in fact be nicely symmetrical if Mog/Lanfear/Graendal were cour'souvra'd so that Moridin's "harem" would match Rand's lol.

Guest Emu on the Loose

I'd like to see one or more of them take down SH, honestly. I'd like to see the DO hoisted on his own petard when his longtime practice of elevating crass opportunists comes back to bite him once he is in a moment of weakness and his heavily-punished female lackeys decide that one who lives by the sword ought to die by it too.

No worries about the spelling. For one, you make a really good point about Lanfear assisting Rand to seal the Bore, that makes so much sense! After all she was the one who created it! Had never considered that. Also, it would in fact be nicely symmetrical if Mog/Lanfear/Graendal were cour'souvra'd so that Moridin's "harem" would match Rand's lol.

Rand is linked to Moridin.. could he 'take over' control of those cour'souvra, I wonder?

(cour'souvrae? -vras? -vren? oh never mind.. :wacko: )

Rand is linked to Moridin.. could he 'take over' control of those cour'souvra, I wonder?

And then what? He'd have a harem of six?

And on the seventh day, he rested.

Lanfear is an enigma to me. Her story could go in so many different ways at this point. I like the idea of her being linked through Moridin to Rand through the coursorva(sp).

I believe Moggy is part of the trap in TR, since she is supposed to be the forsaken expert in that area. I think this time, getting the dreamspike will not be so easy.

I think someones going to kill Alanna to get to Rand. Most likely Graendal I'd say. Yet I think Moiraines importance is to either give Rand "councilling" when it happens, OR to protect Rand by getting Alanna to pass the bond before the event. Moiraine would know Alanna WILL die as per her trip to Rhuidean, so she gets Alanna to pass the bond to Rand (yes, thats bad, but the worlds saviour going insane again so late would be worse). Alanna embraces her fate, uncharacteristically showing some Green Ajah bravery. She passes Rands bond, and with Moiraine plants a trap, Moiraine knowing exactly what to do because shes already seen all this. So Moiraine and Alanna plan, Alanna stays in a remote ish location to lure Graendal. Graendal shows up and kills Alanna, after a nice James Bond villain chat. Then as Graendal finally finishes the deed and begins to walk away... Moiraine comes out. Insert Wertern Cowboy/Aes Sedai standoff, with the catchphrase silent look before the fight kicks off. Have it so Moiraine isnt touching her angreal, balls of steel all the way, ready to surprise Graendal with a little angreal quickdraw thing.

Have it through Graendals PoV, and have her thoughts learn the lesson of natural strength not being the be-all-and-end-all before she falls to Moiraines relentless wrath. Give Moiraine a brief PoV revealing that she used the angreal as a focus item, then go to Rand, where he and Moridin are sat glaring at each other from opposite sides of the continent. Suddenly Rand feels something different in his bond to Alanna, and he sees Moridin flinch; then there is a few moments of utter determination, followed by a sense of security, as if Rand had something watching over him.

I'd like to see one or more of them take down SH, honestly. I'd like to see the DO hoisted on his own petard when his longtime practice of elevating crass opportunists comes back to bite him once he is in a moment of weakness and his heavily-punished female lackeys decide that one who lives by the sword ought to die by it too.

Although I doubt it will happen, I love the sound of this. Although the female Forsaken led slightly charmed lives for the first half of the series, things have gone badly for them since. But it bothers me slightly that we've now possibly had 3 out of the 5 all suffer punishment by Shaidar-Haran-hanky-panky. (maybe even 4 out of 5, if Cyndane got the same treatment..?) When it happened to Moggy, it was disturbing, when it happened to Mesaana, it was creepy, but if it's happened to Graendal as well it's starting to feel a bit... gratuitous. I mean on RJ's part, not on SH's part - it's like 'hey, bad women get raped - that'll teach 'em, the saucy mares.'

So would be nice to see one of them getting their own back.

Moridin wont want to lose his 2nd dream spike, so I think well see that guard duty increased. I can see him putting Slayer + 1 of the female forsaken there (I think Mog since shes skilled there). Her order: Protect the spike or you die. Its a situation where she cant run from, so its going to be her downfall.

How the fight will happen? Perrin goes to check out the spike(said in the book he'd have to check it out), and encounters Slayer once again. Fight ensues, Perrin about to win- enter Mog. Dont know if Perrin will survive the fight but I think hell escape wounded pretty badly. If hes at the FoM and Nynaeve sees him like that...round three time. The only other person I could see assisting him is Egwene, maybe both will.

Perrin and Nynaeve vs Slayer and Moghedien. Would be so sweet to see Mog's head get crushed by a giant hammer. Now if theres the rest of the Black Ajah there(with the rings), then Egwene will be needed too.

Probably wont happen, but would be an awesome fight.

I think Lanfear/Cyndane will play an important role. We get a hint of it at the end of TOM. Also, there is this dark prophecy from TGH

Daughter of the Night, she walks again.

The ancient war, she yet fights.

Her new lover she seeks, who shall serve her and die, yet serve still.

If this is a real prophecy then Rand is in for some highly unpleasant surprise from her quite soon.

I think Lanfear/Cyndane will play an important role. We get a hint of it at the end of TOM. Also, there is this dark prophecy from TGH

If this is a real prophecy then Rand is in for some highly unpleasant surprise from her quite soon.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that one..!

Mind you, as I recall, the rest of that prophecy related to things that were already happening back in TGH e.g. the reference to events on Toman Head, so it would be a jump for this one bit to refer to something right at the end of the series. You could argue that the reference to Rand dying here means when Lews Therin died. But that doesn't quite fit the 'serving' bit, unless this is Dark 'wishful thinking'.

But yes, hmm... Could be interesting. Esp if Rand becoming fully-integrated Jesus Rand is what makes him that bit more susceptible to Mierin's advances...

Oh, I'd forgotten about that one..!

Mind you, as I recall, the rest of that prophecy related to things that were already happening back in TGH e.g. the reference to events on Toman Head, so it would be a jump for this one bit to refer to something right at the end of the series. You could argue that the reference to Rand dying here means when Lews Therin died. But that doesn't quite fit the 'serving' bit, unless this is Dark 'wishful thinking'.

But yes, hmm... Could be interesting. Esp if Rand becoming fully-integrated Jesus Rand is what makes him that bit more susceptible to Mierin's advances...

I should add that in my mind it's really not clear if this is a real prophecy. It refers to many things that have already happened by that time (Luc/Isam and the Seanchan invasion on Toman head). This is highly unusual for a prophecy. I don't think we have any other examples of that. So it could all be just a big red herring.

And then what? He'd have a harem of six?

And on the seventh day, he rested.

ROFL! :laugh:

Interesting to read your thoughts.

Ashandarei - Thanx.

Emu - It would be a proper end for SH! Like that idea. :)

Randsc - Yes, I think the he deserves some rest to. :)

Drekka Mort - I don´t think Moiraine is going to bond Rand in any way. Although - you reminded me about Alana. Where is she? And - who is she? I have red some teories that she is a df or that it was Verin who was behind the bonding of Rand (compulsion). I hope we will find out more about her in the final book, apart from how she is going to die. (I think she is one of the minor characters that have to go.)

Well, there is so much that we want to find out in AMOL and of course we won´t have all the answers but I really hope the lady forsaken will have a big part in it. The forsaken are important characters and even though they have a tendency to just disappear in some meaningless accident I hope the last one will make some noise before they leave.

Archived