DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most anticipated AMOL event/tie up/whatever

White_star

147 members have voted

1. 1. What are your five most anticipated events?

• 1. The End
    • 2. Rand & Moiraine reunion
    • 3. The boys reunion/ The Wolf, The Fox , and The Dragon in one place
    • 4. Rand & Galad meeting take 2
    • 5. "Three on a Boat"
    • 6. Caddy vs Moiraine
    • 7. Caddy vs Egwene
    • 8. Egwene vs Moiraine
    • 9. Dragon's Peace
    • 10. Egwene vs Rand
    • 11. Seanchan showdown
    • 12. Lan @ Tarmin's Gap
    • 13. Rand breaks the Seals
    • 14. Will Egwene have a revelation
    • 15. Elayne's choice on who to back
    • 16. Caemlyn is burning
    • 17. Aviendah and the Aiel
    • 18. Rand vs (insert name here)
    • 19. Min's How to use Callandar/ Seal the Bore moment
    • 20. Other (who is Demi, Fain, Logains glory, BT cleaning, Loial and Ogier, anything else))

With 16 or so months left before the last chapter of this saga is over I figured something like this will pop up (my apologies if it has already). With so much to choose from I know it's going to be hard to choose 5. Go ahead and say why if you wish. They are in no particular order.

Here are mine:

#2. Rand & Moiraine reunion

#3. The boys reunion (especially Mat and Rand)/ The Wolf, The Fox , and The Dragon in one place

#4. Rand & Galad meeting take 2

#15. Elayne's choice on who to back

#17. Aviendah and the Aiel

My five choices and thoughts.

The End. Probably obvious. The ending of a story often casts the story in a different light. That the end will effect my thoughts on the rest of the series makes it the most anticipated aspect of aMoL.

Other. I didn't see a choice for the Black Tower resolution. I want to know its part in the Last Battle. Is it truly hopeless? Can a few unturned channelers provide a small victory for the Light? And what is the deal with Mazrim Taim.

Caemlyn burning. What will happen to the Dragons? Is Talmanes and the remaining garrison going to perform heroics or will this be the first devastating stroke of the Shadow?

Rand breaks the seals. Will the Dark One's unrestrained touch cause a calvalcade of chaos and corruption (Ha! Alliteration!)? I am excited to have an extended look at what conditions were like during the War of Power.

Lan @ Tarwin's Gap. What happens to the best swordsman in Randland? What does Rand and/or Nynaeve do to help out, if anything?

The End. Probably obvious. The ending of a story often casts the story in a different light. That the end will effect my thoughts on the rest of the series makes it the most anticipated aspect of aMoL.

Other. I didn't see a choice for the Black Tower resolution. I want to know its part in the Last Battle. Is it truly hopeless? Can a few unturned channelers provide a small victory for the Light? And what is the deal with Mazrim Taim.

Yes, I could only put 20 and I knew I was going to forget some big ones. I actually combined two (#3 was actually 2 separate choices) so I could add more. Are there any others that could be combined? Maybe it's too late. Oh well, I guess "others" is going to get a lot of votes.

Caemlyn burning. What will happen to the Dragons? Is Talmanes and the remaining garrison going to perform heroics or will this be the first devastating stroke of the Shadow?

Rand breaks the seals. Will the Dark One's unrestrained touch cause a calvalcade of chaos and corruption (Ha! Alliteration!)? I am excited to have an extended look at what conditions were like during the War of Power.

Lan @ Tarwin's Gap. What happens to the best swordsman in Randland? What does Rand and/or Nynaeve do to help out, if anything?

Nice pondering!

Honestly I voted first for Seanchan showdown because I am curious what will happen! All out war with AS or will Tuon have some revelation. Second Aviedha and Aiel because I like them really, I would be uppset if Aviendha vision comes true. And for the rest all the reunions, Morainne, Fox Hammer and Dragon and Rand vs Egwene ( I like E a lot but she has to support Rand in the end).

My number 1 would be "Rand vs. Insert Name Here."

Those would be three different names: Moridin, Padan Fain, and, of course, the DO." I'm still not sure how that last one will work out. That might be Shadar Haran, and not the DO, but I'm unsure right now, so I include SH and DO as the same entity. I don't like this theory, but some think that Moridin will turn good before the end. IF that happens, and it's a big IF, I hope it's SH vs. Moridin.

I think the black tower will be split along the same lines as the white tower. I can't see there not be the same percentage of male channelers as female channelers on the side of the light. Otherwise a lot of aes sedai would feel justified in their mistrust if not outright hate for male channelers.

I answered as best I could, from the options available, but I don't see, "Egwene's Stilling" or "Elayne vs. Guillotine" on the list.

Haha, I wish.

:biggrin:

I know, those would be nice but I only had 20 choices so I had to make them realistic. Also, her name is already in the list 4 times, I couldn't stomach anymore no matter how wishful it is.

I know, I'll list the 5 that I *don't* need to see so much:

1. Egwene vs. Moiraine. I don't think this will be a big deal (like Cad vs. Egwene or Egwene vs Rand), Moiraine was already turning things over to Egwene before she went to Finnland.

2. Caemlyn is burning. Well, it's Tarmon Gaidon so lots of cities will be destroyed, etc. this doesn't move me so much.

3. Lan @ Tarwin's Gap. Swords and horses, swords and horses. Not much for Lan to do here other than charge straight into gruesome and gory battle.

4. And that's it! I desperately want to see everything else!

Lastly, I'm wondering if Brandon can really wrap this all up in one book. Maybe a Memory of light will be split up into three books... ;)

That was my first thought on finishing Towers of Midnight. (Or my first thought after, "Wait. Where were the Towers of Midnight in that book?!")

#'s 1,2 and 3...

Also I am quite interested in seeing the fate Lanfear/Cyndane.

Lastly, I'm wondering if Brandon can really wrap this all up in one book. Maybe a Memory of light will be split up into three books... ;)

I'm definitely on board with you on that point.

Perhaps Lanfear will instruct Rand on how she opened the Bore, which might lead to clues on how to help seal it? That would be awesome. It would even be cooler if Lanfear repented, turned to the light, and Rand seals the bore with Nyneave, That other chick, and Lanfear! Then Rand dumps the whiny sisters and takes off with Lanfear who changes her name to Lana. They then retire to Illian and open a consulting business on Shadowspawn destruction.

I didn't see 4 in a bed as a choice.

Actually a pretty good list. Since Caddy showed up I was waiting for her showdown with Moraine. I also thought the Caddy vs Egewene showdown would be good. Now I think both will be anticlamatic. With Tarmon Gaidon right around the corner it just doesn't seem like they will spend much time harping at one another.

I am waiting for the reunion of Mat and Tuon, that has a chance to be fun. I also am waiting for Tuon's and Rand's next meeting.

Here are my 5

-The ending. We have all waited so long for the confrontation of Rand and the DO.

-What happens to the Black Tower and what it does in the Last Battle.

-Moraine's return to Rand. Personally I think she will be in the circle with him and Nynaeve to use Callandor.

-Lan at the Gap. Will he survive? I can see Rand gatewaying a bunch of the Borderlanders there to help.

-Fain. He really hasn't been in the books much lately. What is his part in the last book.

Archived