DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ivory carving of a man holding a sword

fikkie77

In The Great Hunt, ch9, Bayle Domon is in Illian. He thinks of his possessions, amongst which is an ivory carving of a man holding a sword. He says that the seller told him that it feels warm holding it, but it does nothing of the kind to Bayle.

I wonder... have we heard anything afterwards about this item? He probably lost it to Turak when the Spray got captured by the Seanchan.

Could this be a male angreal or sa'angreal? Could it be the strong male sa'angreal Lanfear mentions (next to Callandor and the Choedan Kal)?

This is what the Encyclopaedia site tells::

The man who sold him the carving told him that holding it made him feel warm, but it does nothing for Domon.8
Could the ivory carving be a ter'angreal or a male angreal?

I take the Seanchan took all things he had in the compartment.

This is what the Encyclopaedia site tells::

The man who sold him the carving told him that holding it made him feel warm, but it does nothing for Domon.8
Could the ivory carving be a ter'angreal or a male angreal?

I take the Seanchan took all things he had in the compartment.

Which would mean that either it was lost in the city of Falme somewhere, or Suroth took it with her when the Seanchan fled Falme, or it could have been sent back to Seanchan during the 4 months between Domon's capture and Rand's battle with Ishy. I wonder if the guy who sold it to Domon ended up being an Asha'man.

Archived