DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Obama's Speech

kyndkristen4

I couldn't help but notice similarities between Obama's State of the Union speech and Egwene's speech to the Aes Sedai after the Seanchan attack on the White Tower.

Obama, speaking to the Dems and Reps who were mingling together after one of their own was shot, spoke to them as one and encouraged them to move beyond their differences to unite against the challenges we face as a country. Egwene, like Obama, spoke of their wounded pride but the world still needing the AS at the Last Battle.

I could go on and on about the similarities but I couldn't help but to think to myself the other night, "the last battle is coming!"

This is going to get political very quickly, but I suspect you and I have a very different definition of what "the last battle" is and what needs to be done to win it. Basically, imagine if Egwene stood up and said her top priroty is investing in infrastructure and green energy! (Well, I guess they don't need infrastructure what with all the Traveling, but what about all that carbon emission? Maybe that's why the Blight is expanding!)

You know, you look at some threads and you just see the maple syrup train bearing down on the poor turkey delivery truck stuck on the tracks. You know it'll be a wreck, and probably hilarious. But you just aren't in the mood to help clean off a bunch of sticky, feather covered railway workers.

Archived