DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendha

Monte

Can anyone confirm that this part was written by Jordan? I've noticed certain parts of both TGS and ToM that seemed written by Jordan but this one tops it. Verin giving Egwene the Black Ajah info is next on my list. I found those to be the best sequences in both books, so if Sanderson wrote them I'll be impressed, but it REALLY seemed to have Jordan's style behind it?

They did seem Jordan-esque.

On the other hand, I found the Tower of Ghenji sequence to be a little disappointing. Not bad, certainly, but not as great as it could have been or I was expecting. And I understand that Jordan did actually write all of that.

I thought that the Kandori tower commander read as very Jordan-like, while the whole Ride of the Malkeiri could have been handled much better, and didn't read like Jordan at all.

Is there a quasi-definitive listing of who wrote what available anywhere?

Can anyone confirm that this part was written by Jordan?

This is from BS twitter feed:

brianlep8 Mon Jan 17

@BrandonSandrson pardon me if this has been asked a million times but what did you find heartbreaking to write in ToM? Noal? Aiel future?

BrandonSandrson Mon Jan 17

@brianlep8 Aiel future, all the way. And the death of a certain character related to Perrin.

This would indicate that BS wrote at least some of it.

brianlep8 Mon Jan 17

@BrandonSandrson pardon me if this has been asked a million times but what did you find heartbreaking to write in ToM? Noal? Aiel future?

@brianlep8 Aiel future, all the way. And the death of a certain character related to Perrin.

Thanks, but who was related to Perrin that died?

brianlep8 Mon Jan 17

Thanks, but who was related to Perrin that died?

Hopper. He was trying to be non-spoilerish.

Archived