DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did Tuon ever complete the Marraige?

bigWalt

In my recent reread Tuon only Proclaimed "Matrim Cauthon is my husband" twice. I thought that to complete the marriage she had to say it three times.

Now that Mat is The Prince of the Ravens, does he get to choose a new name? If so He should declare his new name Mat Cauthon and put an end to Fortuona calling him Matrim.

In my recent reread Tuon only Proclaimed "Matrim Cauthon is my husband" twice. I thought that to complete the marriage she had to say it three times.

Now that Mat is The Prince of the Ravens, does he get to choose a new name? If so He should declare his new name Mat Cauthon and put an end to Fortuona calling him Matrim.

Read that passage in KoD again. For the third proclamation, Tuon (fairly humuorously) adds the same expletive to the sentence that Mat did when he he started it in Ebou Dar.

As to the name, we have seen no indication that he gets a new name but he really hasn't been around Tuon since the marriage was completed so we don't know for sure.

Read that passage in KoD again. For the third proclamation, Tuon (fairly humuorously) adds the same expletive to the sentence that Mat did when he he started it in Ebou Dar.

As to the name, we have seen no indication that he gets a new name but he really hasn't been around Tuon since the marriage was completed so we don't know for sure.

Thank you. I was somewhat confused I thought in my reread that Mat had uttered that line in questioning Toun if she had actually said it. Funny I never was confused in my previous reads. My mind is going, I can feel it, my mind is going...

Not entirely sure, but the name of spouse might be the heir's decision (after becoming ruler).

I believe that whenever someone advances in rank amongst the blood they get to choose a new name, but if the empress or one of the heirs give somebody a name then it sticks, so likely poor Mat is stuck with Matrim.

Archived