DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

KoD: Sharan in Tear

Twitchy

Does anyone know what the Sharan is doing in Tear during Knife of Dreams?

He's trying to convince a merchant that he has worms to make silk, and Rand describes him as looking like one of the Sea Folk, but with an odd musical accent and a strange coat with no lapels or collar.

Anyone know what he's doing in Tear? Just kinda hangin' out... Seeing what's up this side of the Waste?

I would wager that Brandon Sanderson and other members of Team Jordan might. It depends on what RJ left in his notes. Aside from that we know so little about Shara as a whole and this person in particular (if he is in fact a Sharan, which is exceedingly likely) that it's difficult to do anything but speculate.

We know there's civil war there (thanks to Rhuarc mentioning it as a very odd thing), likely having to do with Graendal's kidnapping their figurehead leaders. Perhaps he escaped or fled because of that and, knowing Sea Folk bought silk from them to sell to the Westlands, thought he could make a killing selling it there himself.

I would wager that Brandon Sanderson and other members of Team Jordan might. It depends on what RJ left in his notes. Aside from that we know so little about Shara as a whole and this person in particular (if he is in fact a Sharan, which is exceedingly likely) that it's difficult to do anything but speculate.

We know there's civil war there (thanks to Rhuarc mentioning it as a very odd thing), likely having to do with Graendal's kidnapping their figurehead leaders. Perhaps he escaped or fled because of that and, knowing Sea Folk bought silk from them to sell to the Westlands, thought he could make a killing selling it there himself.

Took the words right outa my mouth, agree 100%.

That Sharan we saw was most likely just getting the F outa Dodge.

Archived