DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something I dont get

Terrah

This is probably gonna sound really stupid to you guys but this has been bugging me since I finished the great hunt. ***great hunt spoilers***

At the end of the great hunt Rand does battle with Ba'alzamon in the sky. If the Dark one is locked in his prison in Shayol Ghul how can he be doing battle with Rand? I've probably missed something important here and i wanted this clearing up before I start the Dragon reborn.

thanks.

This is probably gonna sound really stupid to you guys but this has been bugging me since I finished the great hunt. ***great hunt spoilers***

At the end of the great hunt Rand does battle with Ba'alzamon in the sky. If the Dark one is locked in his prison in Shayol Ghul how can he be doing battle with Rand? I've probably missed something important here and i wanted this clearing up before I start the Dragon rising.

thanks.

Keep reading my friend, all will become clear at the end of "The Dragon Reborn"

You don't want spoilers do you? :biggrin:

You think you're confused now...wait till you get a lot further in and get into multiple plots inside of plots inside of plots.

You're in a good place right now, reading the series for the first time.

Sit back and enjoy it with the same awe that we did.

Then later on after you're finished, you can become an analytical SOB like the rest of us :wink:

At the end of the great hunt Rand does battle with Ba'alzamon in the sky. If the Dark one is locked in his prison in Shayol Ghul how can he be doing battle with Rand? I've probably missed something important here and i wanted this clearing up before I start the Dragon reborn.

thanks.

I agree with Finnssss. In order for us to tell you what it's about and how it could happen we would have to spoil TDR and a few of the other novels.

Hopefully, it will suffice to say that it will become "intuitively obvious" to you as you continue the series.

thanks.

One neat thing about WoT is that it is written almost entirely from the eyes and inner thoughts of its characters. Thus, with much of the series up through TGH written from Rand's point of view, we as readers have about as much to go on as he himself does. We can tell that he's acting as much on instinct as anything, as well as trying to fit a rationalization of events that are going on with the limited information available to him from what he's learned on his journey and the legends (whether accurate or changed over the retellings) he heard while growing up.

When I read the end of TGH I was thinking the same thing as you were. Reading TDR and subsequent books will likely answer some of the questions you have in the manner that Robert Jordan intended them to be answered.

Happy reading :biggrin:

Thanks guys! I'd been thinking I'd missed something massive and would have to read the first 2 books again! Right then... onward with the Dragon Reborn :D

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, you will always feel like you missed something, it's just the nature of the beast with a series this in depth and massive.

I have read every book multiple times now and listened to the audio books at least as many and I have never failed to gain something new every time.

I almost feel sad that it all ends next year, 20 years after I read tEotW for the first time.

Been a blast.

You can never have a first time again so enjoy it as you do it. Have fun and happy reading!

Ha ha, reminds me of a different life experience. Awesome and "special" when it first happens (Books 1-6), followed by a period of remorse (Books 7-10), followed by a whole lot of fun again (Books 11-14).

Archived