DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOs-to-be Dreamwalking Lessons Planning

Kathleen

This thread is for all current Wise One apprentaces who need to do the Requirement of Learning how to get around the World of Dreams.

This is the outline:

1) Introduction

This is where The Wise One in charge lecture the apprentices about the dangers of the dream.

2) Learning control

The Wise One in charge takes the apprentices into the World of Dream, and they have to learn to control their thoughts in order to control the Dream.

3) Travel and Use of Need

The apprentices are taught to travel in the Dream by imagining themselves somewhere else, and how to use Need to find things.

4) Dealing with nightmares

The apprentices are taught how to destroy nightmares and other dangers of the Dream.

5) Enter the Dream at will

Now that the apprentices know control and how to defend themselves, they are taught how to focus their sleep to enter the Dream. How to fall asleep at will (regardless of the circumstances) and how to enter a light sleep so you can be in the dream yet talk to those awake are also learned.

6) Entering "dreamspace"

The apprentices are taught how to enter the place where all peoples dreams are (the "starry field" that Egwene describes).

7) Finding specific dreams

The apprentices are taught how to find one persons dreams, and enter them at will or simply touch them to speak in that persons dream.

8) Cool Healing sleep

The apprentices are taught how to enter the dreams of one that is sick or injured, to encourage good dreams and facilitate faster healing. (This was VERY briefly mentioned on page 389 of The Shadow Rising when Bair explains Dreamwalking to Egwene. Unfortunately, Egwene didn't stay with the Wise Ones long enough to learn it, so there isn't any real description of it other than this one mention. I though it was cool, though, and since it's knowledge that the Wise Ones are supposed to have it may be worthwhile to throw it in.)

so, um... time to expand on what happens at each lesson?

Do we want to do all of these numbers as separate meetings, like we do one then go home then the next lesson is a different night and we get back together? They could be in the same thread, but broken up within it? Or just all in one meeting? (I think it makes more sense that they would different nights).

Ok, trying to think of some 'fun' things that Myst can do to us while we're training haha. Here's some stuff that Kathleen and I came up with...so far *laughs*.

Emily:

lesson 2 ...maybe have our apprentices think of something and then the WO shout out embarassing things?

lesson 3 - maybe just keep it as is? Like keep it normal?

Kat says:

could be starting with the the clothes changing and we have to get it under control while doing tasks or something and then when he have it straight she can start throughing stuff at us?

Emily says:

oh maybe the lake can be for lesson 4

with the nightmares

Kat says:

that would be good

lakes are scary for aiel

Emily Day says:

and maybe having an 'enemy' come at you and have it turn out to be a family member or duplicate or yourself?

idk, just trying to think of something haha

Kat says:

what do you think of five where it says "How to fall asleep at will (regardless of the circumstances)"

what kind of circumstance do you think she could throw at us?

trying to sleep outside when everyone is runing around in the middle of the day maybe?

Emily Day says:

or while walking around

Kat says:

aww yes cause we need different states of going into it

plus it will terribly embarrasing to fall down while walking and have to be woken up to do it again

Kat says:

ok, and I'm thinking we could do it all in one thread, but have each lesson be a diff. night, or maybe put some together, like one and two

we should figure out which ones would be one lesson per night or more

like 6 and 7 could be the same night

Emily Day says:

*nods*

Kat says:

so lesson one would be at night, we'll probably be told not to sleep the night before or all day to make sure we're good an tired for falling asleep the first time?

I'm just taking what we had above and putting it into a formal outline here. We can add to this.

Night One

Lesson one and two: Introduction and Learning Control

The girls will have been told in advance to stay up the night before and to stay awake. They will meet with the WO at sun down. The WO will tell the girls about all the dangers of T'A'R and then they will go to sleep and be brought into the dream world. Then they will have to learn to control their clothes while they are asked to do simple tasks and have the WO call out embarrasing remarks and do things to distract the girls. When they can do that they start to learn how to change their surroundings. When this is done the lesson is over.

Night Two:

Lesson Three: Travel of Need

They will enter the dream and be taught how to travel in the Dream by imagining themselves somewhere else, and how to use Need to find things. Details on where we go can be finalized in RP.

Night Three:

Lesson Four: Nightmares

We enter the nightmare where we are dumped in a lake. And one where an 'enemy' comes at us and it turn out to be a family member or duplicate or ourself. We could do them together, or one each?

Night Four:

Lesson 5: Entering the Dream at Will

We try to sleep while walking outside when everyone is runing around in the middle of the day to learn how to go into it to different degrees.

Night Five:

Lessons 6 and 7: entering dream space and finding specific dreams

The girls are taught how to get to the starry place where all the dreams are and taught how to find specific peoples dreams, and are asked to find each others dreams and speak into them.

Night 6:

Lesson 8: Healing

The WO takes the girls to the dreams of a sick or injured person and shows them this technique and then explain when to use it and how often etc. She explains that the healing would not be instant, just that it would affect the person over time to help the healing happen. Like a mind over matter sort of thing. The girls are taught of this process and what kinds of recoveries can be expected from what kind of injuries.

All done.

Ok, if this needs work it can be edited. so its not set in stone if you think of something knew, or if something is way off here.

8) Cool Healing sleep

The apprentices are taught how to enter the dreams of one that is sick or injured, to encourage good dreams and facilitate faster healing. (This was VERY briefly mentioned on page 389 of The Shadow Rising when Bair explains Dreamwalking to Egwene. Unfortunately, Egwene didn't stay with the Wise Ones long enough to learn it, so there isn't any real description of it other than this one mention. I though it was cool, though, and since it's knowledge that the Wise Ones are supposed to have it may be worthwhile to throw it in.)

This copy pasted from the outline on the Website of what is in the Dreamwalking training. I was originally thinking that the sickness or injury would usually be something more, and that it would be something you may do in the dream either more than once, or just once to "encourage good dreams and facilitate faster healing" but I didn't think it would be something that would happen right away, just that it would affect things over time.

If you prefer the WO could take the girls to the dreams of a sick or injured person and show them technique and then explain when to use it and how often ect. I didn't think the healing would be instant, just that it would affect the person over time to help the healing happen. Like a mind over matter sort of thing.

Sickness is messing with my mind, but it's a good day when your second in command points out your own rules to you. That means you chose wisely when appointing them!

Ladies, also just occurred to me that neither of you have done the raising to WO RP yet. Feel free to do this also and I'm willing to let you bring in other people using a TTPC to get a taste of the Aiel world. Just like Arlow is doing for his Freebooter. This route never occurred to me until Kath brought it up but now makes total sense as a way to bring our Guilds under the eye of the general public.

We just need to make sure people understand that a TTPC character is a one time deal only.

*beams at her Kathleen* :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Night Four:

Lesson 5: Entering the Dream at Will

We try to sleep while walking outside when everyone is runing around in the middle of the day to learn how to go into it to different degrees.

Only one thought on this, would they not be deprived of sleep for a day, then forced to learn to keep themselves half lucid while entering TAR? I know in the books it was usually done as a matter of need, so they could Dream Walk while traveling in the Real World.

Let me know what you two think.

As for the threads set up, looks good to me,let me know when you wish to get started :)

Em and I have both already posted our first posts in the thread here. The plan is to have the stuff that is going on out of the dream in this thread, and then start a thread in the Tel'aran'rhoid board for all the stuff we do while there.

So just follow along for lesson one when ever your ready!