DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarwin's Gap

navahgar

Anyone else get the feeling that this happens later in the timeline than the things before it in the book? Kind of like the way the last scene of the Bourne Supremacy actually happens toward the end of the Bourne Ultimatum. I suspect that aMoL will start with covering a number of issues at the Fields of Merrilor and elsewhere before Nynaeve 'receives' that sending of love.

No.

Lan's trip from World's End to Tarwin's Gap took 100 days, and it lined him up with the other plotlines at that point.

Just because his arrival at Tarwin's Gap lines up with other timelines, does that mean the charge was made at that time? Also, what does this mean then:

He could feel something, distant, that had given him strength recently. The bond had changed. The emotions had changed.

He's clearly not talking about the bond moving to Nynaeve, because that happened earlier and he already knew about it. Is there some event that happens in Nynaeve's POV that we can line that up with? If so, then fair enough, if not, then I suspect it will happen in the future.

No.

Lan's trip from World's End to Tarwin's Gap took 100 days, and it lined him up with the other plotlines at that point.

Just because his arrival at Tarwin's Gap lines up with other timelines, does that mean the charge was made at that time? Also, what does this mean then:

He could feel something, distant, that had given him strength recently. The bond had changed. The emotions had changed.

He's clearly not talking about the bond moving to Nynaeve, because that happened earlier and he already knew about it. Is there some event that happens in Nynaeve's POV that we can line that up with? If so, then fair enough, if not, then I suspect it will happen in the future.

Yet that's the reasonnable explanation.

No.

I'd say that he most likely feels Moraine emerge back into the world. She didn't die, so their bond may have came back into play once she was back in the real world / demension / whatever.

That bond was passed to Myrelle and thence to Nynaeve; it wasn't replaced by a new one.

The bond wasn't voluntarily passed and she didn't die. Even though Lan felt that bond severed as she left this reality, as thought she were dead, she may still have a connection to him. We haven't seen this before and Moraine coming back into the world was the only change that we see take place. So, I still say that Moraine is still connected to Lan in some way and that is where the distant feeling of strength came from.

Wait, how do we know that Nynaeve's receiving his bond, "happened earlier and he already knew about it."?

I don't think that is right. It seems like it happened earlier because the timelines were, until the very end of the book, still screwed up. And don't think he knew about it.

Wait, how do we know that Nynaeve's receiving his bond, "happened earlier and he already knew about it."?

I don't think that is right. It seems like it happened earlier because the timelines were, until the very end of the book, still screwed up. And don't think he knew about it.

Read ToM. 42, Stronger Than Blood. He felt the change when he was on the Kandorian/Arafellisn border. Well before he even reached Shienar and Tarwin's Gap.

He could still feel Nynaeve, so wonderful, caring, and passionate in the back of his mind. He should have been pained to know that now she would suffer when he died, instead of another. However, that closeness to her--a final closeness--brought him strength.

--ToM

I read the above as Lan thinking back on when Nynaeve got the bond. The bond has changed hands; the emotions belong to another woman. If he got the bond a few weeks before arriving at Tarwin's Gap, that still counts as "recently." If something else had changed about the bond, I think he would have wondered more about what was going on.

He could still feel Nynaeve, so wonderful, caring, and passionate in the back of his mind. He should have been pained to know that now she would suffer when he died, instead of another. However, that closeness to her--a final closeness--brought him strength.

--ToM

I read the above as Lan thinking back on when Nynaeve got the bond. The bond has changed hands; the emotions belong to another woman. If he got the bond a few weeks before arriving at Tarwin's Gap, that still counts as "recently." If something else had changed about the bond, I think he would have wondered more about what was going on.

I guess that makes sense. For some reason I can't quite make that reading of the phrase sit will with me, but it is a reasonable explanation. If true, then I suppose it means that there's no reason to think Lan's scene happens later, and that means it's yet another (third now including Caemlyn and Tar Valon?) tragedy that needs to be addressed in the morning.

That bond was passed to Myrelle and thence to Nynaeve; it wasn't replaced by a new one.

The bond wasn't voluntarily passed and she didn't die. Even though Lan felt that bond severed as she left this reality, as thought she were dead, she may still have a connection to him. We haven't seen this before and Moraine coming back into the world was the only change that we see take place. So, I still say that Moraine is still connected to Lan in some way and that is where the distant feeling of strength came from.

Moiraine was unaware of Lan when she came out of the ToG, so it wasn't Moiraine.

Archived