DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question on Gawn

MatTuon

Well, one explanation could be that he thought of the reaction from the Seanchan in Caemlyn when they saw just the knife. Waltzing around with three of the rings around his neck could provoke at least the same reaction, buying him a few extra seconds in a fight.

Of course, it's Gawyn we're talking about, and I'm not sure he is able to think that far. probably he just wanted a shiny.

I don't think it'd be wise for him to wear those in the Last Battle. There'll be blood flying all over the place, then! Maybe he could use them to some political advantage, though, if some negotiations occur between the White Tower and Seanchan. He is the prince of Andor, remember, he must have some political sense.

• 4 weeks later...

I think more than anything else, they'll be important when Seanchan negotiations occur. He's just standing opposite Tuon while Rand and woever discuss, and she looks up. "Where did you get those?" Tuon will ask angrily.

"I took them from three men I killed," he'll say, without standing up or looking at her. Then he'll start sharpening his literal bloodknife.

If nothing else, it keeps them out of the hands of anyone else, Ter'angreal are rare, even the Seanchan can't have many of the rings.... fewer on the loose = less future threat. He could also plan to give them to Elayne to copy or Avi to study what they do. It could be something similar to the Warder cloak if you could get it programmed not to poison the wearer. Another intriguing possibility would be to give them to a darkfriend then Compel them to kill the last of the Forsaken or the Black Ajah

I think more than anything else, they'll be important when Seanchan negotiations occur. He's just standing opposite Tuon while Rand and woever discuss, and she looks up. "Where did you get those?" Tuon will ask angrily.

"I took them from three men I killed," he'll say, without standing up or looking at her. Then he'll start sharpening his literal bloodknife.

lol...I like this idea.

Can you imagine the conniption Karede will have if he sees a guy with three bloodknife rings as trophies near the empress?

(side note: half the time, I try to call Karede "Kadere". Oh noes! The head of the Deathwatch Guard is a DF!)

Well, I've been cheated his death half a dozen times, I somehow doubt these rings will finish him off for me. Most likely one of his stupid underlings will steal them from him and die in his honor or something lame like that.

It's almost assured that they will play a part in Seanchan negotiations. Good or bad, only time will tell.

• 1 month later...

Could he theoretically use them and get healing after taking them off? Is the life draining force of the bloodknife unrelated to normal healing?

Since i'm rather late to the party, I'd rather use existing threads that are close to my topic than create new ones.

The rings won't help him since he doesn't know how to activate them. Thankfully this leaves him and Egwene available to be stuffed into the bore to re-trap the DO once the seals are broken. Their unwarranted superiority complexes should be large enough to stop up the hole nicely.

Egwene on Gawyn:

One Path leads to violent death, the other, long life.

Down one they marry, the other, not.

I'm guessing he marries Egwene, and dies a violent death.

What better way to go out then killing Trollocs all around:

Min's Viewing

An open cavern, gaping like a mouth. Bloodstained rocks. Two dead men on the ground, surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs, a pipe with smoke curling from it.

Maybe that's going to be Gawyn and Galad, Egwene's two warders.

although, the only pipe we've seen is in Talmanes possession, so he could be one, or it's just a clue to Demandred being responsible for the two deaths.

Min had the viewing while looking at Rand, so if it's not him, you could argue that one of the men or both could be Matt or Perrin.

Min could be viewing them through Rand's connection with them.

I might start a new topic on that viewing, or try to find an old thread about it.

Archived