DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Red Eagle Banner

Simo

I cannot find it, but I'm convinced I've read it before. The only quote I can find - "Some of Mat's memories were either from past lives or from his ancestors via Old Blood. Mat remembers being Aemon at the Battle of Aemon's Field just after he is Healed in the White Tower; this is of course before he visits the Eelfinn (where he gets the other men's memories), and also before he visits the Aelfinn in Tear."

I thought Mat remembered warning Aemon (or was it someone else?) of a trick.

It was someone else, and it was after his visit to the Eelfinn, in TSR37. The memory of what is widely accepted to be Aemon happened in TDR19, as Lacanos says. And since 'old blood' seems an insufficient explanation for memories of a particular lifetime of a particular soul, many believe it's because he was Aemon in his last life, and the barrier separating those memories was degraded in some way by the dagger and the Healing, much as Rand began to receive memories from his last life after he was exposed to the taint.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to twist words; the person who commands is not necessarily a "commander". He commanded the archers and the pikemen in addition to the Heart Guard cavalry, and his bannerman bore "the Red Eagle banner flapping over his head". He was surely a king, if not necessarily Aemon. It's all there in TDR19.

Archived