DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Random Male Chanelers

jwillis7

So i was thinking, who are all of these random men chaneling in the distance we see, or well dont see, in ToM. in the Borderlands they sense men chaneling far off and when perin goes to help the white cloaks his asha'man feel men chaneling. So my question is do we think they are just "black" asha'men or are they another group we just have not seen yet.

My question comes from, i find it kinda bold to have asha'man being so out in the open where all it would take is one of the good guys seeing who it is to maybe start another purge in the black tower like they saw in the white tower.

I know we know Taim is bad and the black tower will be dealt with, but the characters in the book dont, it just seems strange to me.

If someone has started a post about this my bad

I agree. I'm not sure if the dark friend Ashaman will be doing much actively until the Last Battle actually starts, just so they don't blow their cover. So I'd put my money on them not being from the BT, but of course it's pure speculation and I doubt it'll get mentioned again in the books.

Good point there. I initially thought it was Graendel's plan to move the trollocs there (she says they must still "spring the trap). I must have been mistaken.

Or if it WAS Graendal, then she's got some ashaman at her disposal... Hmmm, which of Rand's ashaman was supposed to go to the Black Tower and never made it? Maybe Graendel 'stole' him?

I agree. I'm not sure if the dark friend Ashaman will be doing much actively until the Last Battle actually starts, just so they don't blow their cover. So I'd put my money on them not being from the BT, but of course it's pure speculation and I doubt it'll get mentioned again in the books.

During the attack on Maradon, the Last Battle HAS started though. q.v. Ituralde's "stop running around like its bloddy Tarmon Gaidon"

By Last Battle, I meant when EVERYONE'S taking part in it, so there's no one available to go blast the BT.

That is what we see in Maradon. Maradon happens 2-3 days before the Fields of Merrilor, so 3-4 days before Rand breaks the seals. Since there is no Airdrop troops and fastmoving tanks, but slow (relatively) medieaval forces, a battle does not take 1 day.

Tarmon Gaidon has begun, and is ongoing in several parts of the book - Perrins arc being the most obvious non-part of this, as well as the early Rand chapters.

I would have to agree that Maradon is last battle - another fallacy of the Merillor/break seals debate is the idea that Rand will get to start it on his time frame. Sez who ?

The only reason we see Maradon is because that is where the dragonsworn were sent. Indeed we know from the Epilogue that Kandor HAS actually been over-run a la Malkier. Who know what the hell happened in Shienar and Arafel.

The epilogue is a bad example, since that only showed that the border had been overrun. Egwene's chapters are probably more indicative: "Kandor, Saldaea and Arafel are swarming with Shadowspawn". The majority of the population has probably holed up in places like Chachin, which as we saw in NS is pretty much impenetrable, so it's not quite at Malkier levels of genocide quite yet. It appears that Shienar was left alone until the very last day of TOM.

I suspect the Dreadlords serving Moridin, at Maradon, in Ghealdan, etc. to be Asha'man. The pointy-toothed folks I doubt are Aiel, much less Aiel male channelers.

Archived