DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dead Space 2

Krakalakachkn

I don't want to cause any concern, but if the launch trailer for Dead Space 2 is anything to go off of, I feel like protagonist Isaac Clarke may not be in a good spot in this sequel. Between the legions of monsters trying to kill him, other humans on the Sprawl abandoning him, and the Smashing Pumpkins soundtrack, he appears to be in a bit of trouble.

Check out the video below.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Noonan, gameplay engineer at Visceral Games, put together this trailer using Minecraft to celebrate the release of Dead Space 2.

"The whole environment and shot set up I've done myself, though the actual scale of the marker is closer to the one in DS2," Noonan told Kotaku. "I genned a couple worlds until I found a big mountain to put the marker inside, fortunately it was naturally hollow to begin with, I only needed to blow up a floor a bit."

"I didn't want to copy any Dead Space trailers, most of them show off the monsters which I just can't do in MineCraft, but it was definitely inspired by the 'Twinkle Twinkle' and 'Ring Around the Rosie' trailers," he continued. "I'm not really good at audio stuff, so I spent a couple hours looking for a creepy a lullaby until I found that Silent Night music box melody that just seemed to fit the theme perfectly."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5OTbgs9YpU&feature=player_embedded

Dead Space 2 is challenging enough in regular modes, and somehow a brave soul has already managed to power through the game's hardcore mode for a humorous end result. Behold the hand cannon.

This foam finger of doom is even more hilarious in motion. Check out the footage below. Pew pew pew!

Archived