DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fain

Simo

Fain, has been off the radar for a while, I was thinking about what LTT said, something about a buffer, they had to touch the DO with Saidan to seal the Bore.

I wonder if Fain could be used as a buffer???

Yes, that's what I think too. LT tells Rand that he touched saidin directly to the DO when sealing the bore and this lead to disaster. LT also said that something has to touch the DO. Fain's power is the most logical candidate IMO. Rand has done something like this already when cleansing saidin. Also, when Flinn heals Rand he does so by making the wounds from Fain and Ishamael fight each other.

How exactly this is all going to play out is hard to say. It could be that Fain will be used directly. or the wound from his dagger in Rand's side might be used by spilling Rand's blood from it. This is oft mentioned in the prophecies after all.

• 2 weeks later...

If there needs to be a buffer, then how was Nynaeve able to touch the taint with spirit when she healed Naeff's madness? Is the taint not the touch of the DO Himself?

Actually the way I read it was that she actually removed the madness itself. The taint itself was in Saidin and caused madness. No taint was in Naeff's brain or in his body.

If there needs to be a buffer, then how was Nynaeve able to touch the taint with spirit when she healed Naeff's madness? Is the taint not the touch of the DO Himself?

there is a difference between touching the taint and touching the DO himself. They are not the same.

Archived