DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle

chinnma

Basicly, the question is who do you think will be "squaring off" against who in the Last Battle? I don't have everyone's role figured out, but im gonna make a few predictions:

1. Rand vs DO/Morridin/Padan Fain

I have no idea how this whole thing is actualy gonna go down.

2. Mat vs Demandred

Seems logical, they will be the top generals for their respective forces. Wont actualy fight each other in combat, but will be battling nonetheless.

3. Perrin vs Shaidar Haran (will take place in TAR)

Dont actualy have a rationale for this one, it just kinda feels right.

4. Logain vs Taim

Unfortunately they will both die and Narishma will come to lead the BT.

Those are just a few of the matchups I think will take place, im curious to see other theories particularly concerning characters like Elayne and Min.

Perrin still needs to take out Slayer, right? Maybe Perrin + Eggy (she owes him)?

Also, Noam/Boundless does something. Dies, helps kill Slayer, joins Perrin IRL, something. Just "oh yeah, my life sucked" fixing Perrin doesn't seem like much. (Though I forget how important he was earlier...)

Nynaeve finally heals that wound Rand has, because she's Nynaeve. She and Mo will probably be the ones helping with Callandor.

M/E/A versus Lanfear/Graendal?

And somebody has to deal with the red-veiled Aiel.

Can't wait...

Basicly, the question is who do you think will be "squaring off" against who in the Last Battle? I don't have everyone's role figured out, but im gonna make a few predictions:

Yes, I agree on this one.

2. Mat vs Demandred

Seems logical, they will be the top generals for their respective forces. Wont actualy fight each other in combat, but will be battling nonetheless.

That would certainly be nice to see. I would actually like to see a direct confrontation, not just as generals. So far neither Mat nor Perrin had a hand directly fighting a Forsaken. And Mat at least would stand a chance with his foxhead. Also, there was a rumor in Caemlyn that Mat killed one of the forsaken. Perhaps a harbinger of things to come?

Not much evidence for this one. Perrin vs. Luc/Isam is more likely. They have a score (or two) to settle.

4. Logain vs Taim

Yes, this one is quite likely but why would you think that Logain will die? I'm quite sure he won't. It looks like he is set up to be the future leader of male Aes Sedai.

Also, I would think Elayne will finally get a chance to beat up some baddie. She has tangled with the gholam (once) and Black Ajah (twice) but hasn't done particularly well in any of those encounters.

Perhaps she'll fight Graendal or Moghedien? Not by herself (she isn't strong enough) but possibly together with Aviendha.

Yes, I agree on this one.

2. Mat vs Demandred

That would certainly be nice to see. I would actually like to see a direct confrontation, not just as generals. So far neither Mat nor Perrin had a hand directly fighting a Forsaken. And Mat at least would stand a chance with his foxhead. Also, there was a rumor in Caemlyn that Mat killed one of the forsaken. Perhaps a harbinger of things to come?

Not much evidence for this one. Perrin vs. Luc/Isam is more likely. They have a score (or two) to settle.

4. Logain vs Taim

Yes, this one is quite likely but why would you think that Logain will die? I'm quite sure he won't. It looks like he is set up to be the future leader of male Aes Sedai.

Also, I would think Elayne will finally get a chance to beat up some baddie. She has tangled with the gholam (once) and Black Ajah (twice) but hasn't done particularly well in any of those encounters.

Perhaps she'll fight Graendal or Moghedien? Not by herself (she isn't strong enough) but possibly together with Aviendha.

2. It deffinitely may come down to an actual encounter between the two, but I think the larger conflict will take place with their respective armies.

3. Yeah I know there's no evidence, just kinda my "suprise" pick.

4. Logain will die because he has to. Rand sending Narishma back to retrieve Callendor and symbolicly naming him "he who will follow after" wont realy be fulfilled unless Narishma leads the Asha'man (certainly not the only way he could fulfill that, but I think its the most likely). Narishma can't lead the Asha'man if Logain is alive and channeling, so he will at the very least be burned out. Narishma's also my favorite Asha'man so I will freely admit my bias here lol.

As far as Elayne is concerned you may be on to something, although I think she'll have to do something about the Trollocs in Camelyn. Just don't see Talmanes and the band being able to take care of that on their own.

Thoughts on Gawyn or Mierin/Lanfear/Cyndane anyone?

4. Logain will die because he has to. Rand sending Narishma back to retrieve Callendor and symbolicly naming him "he who will follow after" wont realy be fulfilled unless Narishma leads the Asha'man (certainly not the only way he could fulfill that, but I think its the most likely). Narishma can't lead the Asha'man if Logain is alive and channeling, so he will at the very least be burned out. Narishma's also my favorite Asha'man so I will freely admit my bias here lol.

I don't know about this one. This is certainly a possible interpretation of that prophecy but something else might be going on there. It could be for example that that prophecy has been fulfilled already and no further action by Narishma is required. He has been a minor character thus far. and Logain is still promised lots of glory according to Min's viewings.

I just naturally assumed that the real Aiel would be dealing with the red veiled Aiel.

Demandred himself is focused on Rand and no one else, so he won't personally fight Mat as you say. Shaidar Haran is basically the manifestation of the DO as much as possible w/o the seals being broken, so he's gonna focus on Rand too I think. Perrin will have to finally deal with Slayer/Luc and a crapload of darkhounds i think.

I also don't see Logain dying, he has glory in his future and I think as stated before, he's gonna take over leading the male channelers.

I think the main Randland armies will focuse on masses of shadowspawn and trollocs, while channelers match up against each in the power throughout the fray. I also feel like some Seanchan need to help out in order for the light to win, maybe get some rakin with channelers to fight the draghkar, idk.

I don't know about this one. This is certainly a possible interpretation of that prophecy but something else might be going on there. It could be for example that that prophecy has been fulfilled already and no further action by Narishma is required. He has been a minor character thus far. and Logain is still promised lots of glory according to Min's viewings.

Yeah, I was thinking about it later and realized the crown over his head viewing so perhaps Logain will lead the Asha'man after TG. On Narishma's prophesy thingy being fullfilled, Luckers asked about it in an interview with Sanderson and got a RAFO so i guess we'll see.

Guest Emu on the Loose

I would love to see some unlikely (but not impossible) matchups, such as:

Demandred vs. Fain

Moridin vs. Dark One

Mat vs. Egwene

Moiraine vs. Shadar Haran

Rand and Lanfear vs. Everybody

Graendal vs. Taim

Aviendha vs. Tuon

Perrin vs. Moghedien (in TAR)

Dragons vs. Black Ajah

Thom's Mustaches vs. Bela

Egeanin vs. Tylee

Nynaeve vs. Elayne

Nynaeve vs. Fain

Demandred himself is focused on Rand and no one else, so he won't personally fight Mat as you say.

So was Couladin... :wink:

Couladain couldnt Travel...

I doubt Demandred would waste his time on fighting anyone but Rand personally. In his WH chapter, he believes that a General doesnt fight with his troops. Unless the Dreamspike is involved, there is no way Demandred will vs. Mat.

My predictions/hopes.

Demandred vs. Rand (come on, it has to happen)

Moridin vs. Rand (also has to happen, although I have a suspicion that Moridin wont actually fight for some reason, due to the link)

Moiraine vs. Lanfear round 2.

Graendal vs. Elayne or Aviendha

Perrin vs. Slayer round 3.

Mat vs. Egwene fighting Tuon (when the Tower is attacked. Poor Mat, wouldnt want to be in the middle of THAT.)

Taim vs. Logain

Nynaeve vs. Moggy round 4-5 or whatever.

Cadsuane vs. Shaidar Haran or Fain

some awesome thoughts here. I think Demandred is running the army attacking caemlyn and will likely go down before TG, and if not it will be one of the mindtrapped ladies. Mo and Nyn are most certainly coming with Rand to SG. Logain kills taim, ends the 13X13 mind control BS thats goin on at the BT, and survives... he better cause he's a great character. Lan killing a forsaken or SH himself would rock too. He is still a king!

How many more days till release? >_>

I know he doesn't have a lot of support among the fandom, but still, Gawyn is ready for a major showdown with some epic blade duelling. Galad as well, though he already gave some demonstrations of his Mastery (Samara, Valda,) though would like to see more. In any case I would be quite Disappointed if none of the two be able to make a leap out of the shadow of Eggy or Perrin. The problem is the Shadow doesn't really have major characters who prefer the blade,.. except for thousands upon thousands of Trollocs and Fades. In that case give m' at least some fight against Hartha or the Karede during WT attack, Man how I would like to see Gawyn take on an Ogier.

That brings me to the fact that I absolutely want to see some enraged Ogier vs. shivering lines of Trollocs.

everything mentioned above would be nice as well :happy:

Archived