DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BUT???

Simo

Hi..... I was formally Shadowrider but I can't get into my account...anyway, been away for a while an just wanted to know if the BUT has been revieled yet.

Can someone direct me to the topic for it?

After reading ToM I've come to the conclusion that it's to do with Mat....He asked the Finns for 4 things not three and got 4.

To have the holes in his memory filled....his memories were filled with other dudes memories.

A way to be free of Aes.Sedai and the One power....Foxhead Medallion.

He wants to be back in Rhuidean & a way out....He got hung in Rhuidean & got the Ashandarei.

I think the Finns lie.....maybe you can ask the Finns for more things.

If the BUT has been revealed could some one please direct me to the Topic or just tell me in this topic.

Shadowri,Simo.

I think part of the treaty that holds when one enters through the twisted doorways is that the person is returned through the same doorway in which they entered thus Mat being taken outside to be hung was part of the original agreement. The way out is the third request and that was given in the form of the ashendari. That's just my thought on what happened and that it had nothing to do with a fourth request.

Mat asked 6 questions not 3, and got 6 answers

Q1-Should I go home to help my people?- (A)- You must go to Rhuidean

Q2-Why should I?- (A)- if you don't go to Rhuidean you will die.

Q3-Why will I die if I don't go to Rhuidean?- (A)- You will have sidestepped the thread of fate, left your fate to drift on the winds of time, and you will be killed by those who do not want that fate fulfilled.

Q4-What fate are you Talking about?- (A)- To marry the daughter of the nine Moons

Q5-What fate burn your hearts what fate?- (A)- to die and live again and live once more a part of what was.

Q6-What fate?- (A)- To give up half the light of the world to save the word.

Mat asked for 5 things and got 5 things.

To have the holes in his memory filled....his memories were filled with other dudes memories.

A way to be free of Aes.Sedai... Seanchan

A way to be free of the One power....Foxhead Medallion.

He wants to be back in Rhuidean... He got hung in Rhuidean

& a way out.... got the Ashandarei.

I'm thinking this should have been picked up long ago.

The BUT was the ashandarei. Remember, he never asked for a badass weapon. The Finns had no reason to give that to him unless it served another purpose besides stabbing people. He asked for a way out and they gave it to him. Ta dah!

The Aelfinn gave him more answers because they wanted him gone, that instant. The entire world they live in was coming apart because of him and Rand both being there.

The Eelfinn did not give him the Seanchan, they gave him the foxhead, which gave him freedom from Aes Sedai and the OP (or as much freedom as he wants, they can't be faulted for him sticking around Aes Sedai anyway).

being hung in Rhuidean is simply because they have to let you out through the gateway you come in through, and it has to be alive. So they hung him there to fulfill their contracts obligations, so it was not a wish on his part. (or at least that is the best explanation anyone can come up with).

As for the third thing: A way out, the Ashandarei. It just happens to double as a weapon Mat likes.

The Aelfinn gave him more answers because they wanted him gone, that instant. The entire world they live in was coming apart because of him and Rand both being there.

The Eelfinn did not give him the Seanchan, they gave him the foxhead, which gave him freedom from Aes Sedai and the OP (or as much freedom as he wants, they can't be faulted for him sticking around Aes Sedai anyway).

being hung in Rhuidean is simply because they have to let you out through the gateway you come in through, and it has to be alive. So they hung him there to fulfill their contracts obligations, so it was not a wish on his part. (or at least that is the best explanation anyone can come up with).

As for the third thing: A way out, the Ashandarei. It just happens to double as a weapon Mat likes.

But he got the things he asked fore, all of them and theres something else i found-

to die and live again and live once more a part of what was.

not sure what the "to die and live again" bit is but "live once more a part of what was."

I still believe Mat is Aemon reborn & Tuon is Eldrene...

Aemon & Eldrene..." ...a love that death could not sunder..."

"live once more a part of what was."

now... as for the Finns not giving Mat the seanchan, they did in a way.

They said if he did not go to Rhuidean, he would sidestep fate, and never meet Tuon, Mat/Aemon was fated to meet Tuon/Eldrene & so the finns gave him the Seanchan.

Being hung in Rhuidean well' he asked to be back in Rhuidean and he was taken there, my point is he asked for more than three things and got more than three, asked more than three questions and got more than three answers.

He is one of Aemon's guards, not Aemon himself, but close. The "to die and live again" refers to when he was killed by lightning in Caemlyn by Rhavin (the live again part was because Rand balefired Rhavin right back before the battle started).

By sidestepping fate they meant he would escape what the wheel had planned for him as a Taveren, something that is not advisable unless you have a death wish.

He got more than three answers because they needed him gone and stopped caring about the fact they were giving away more than they needed too (In the end they actually picked him up and THREW him out, a good indication of how panicked they were).

He did not get more than three wishes:

The foxhead,

The memories,

and The ashandarei.

He was Fated to meet Tuon

Why did they answer his last 3 questions?

Q1-Should I go home to help my people?- (A)- You must go to Rhuidean

Q2-Why should I?- (A)- if you don't go to Rhuidean you will die.

Q3-Why will I die if I don't go to Rhuidean?- (A)- You will have sidestepped the thread of fate, left your fate to drift on the winds of time, and you will be killed by those who do not want that fate fulfilled.

Q4-What fate are you Talking about?- (A)- To marry the daughter of the nine Moons

Q5-What fate burn your hearts what fate?- (A)- to die and live again and live once more a part of what was.

Q6-What fate?- (A)- To give up half the light of the world to save the word.

If they only answer three true questions than why did they keep giving answers?

He kept asking they kept answering....why, when they don't have to, they threw him out anyway...

He asked for a way out and they gave it to him. Ta dah!
But he didn't actually ask for "a way out", even though he thinks he did in TOM. What he asked for was...
I want to be away from you and back to Rhuidean, if you will not answer me. Open up a door, and let me—
Even if hanging him was merely the price they demanded, they fulfilled his wish when they took him back to Rhuidean. The spear was a freebie.

The idea is that they tied him to it and threw him out. RJ said they can't leave their realm, and we always thought he goofed on that since they OBVIOUSLY left to hang him. But apparently that was not the case.

Totally off-topic, but I'm thinking I need a sig like that at Theoryland, even though I have it set up to where they can email me through the site. My PM box has been full for like 2 years now. (Was tired of cleaning it out all the time, so I stopped.) But I do get some amusement out of the people that try to PM me like 10 times before they figure out that my PM box REALLY IS FULL, NO REALLY. (I get an email notice every time.)

PS - To the person who PM'd me here to test it...it's full at Theoryland. Not here. :p

Archived