• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Absolutely disgusting. This is the "antifacists" "protesting against G20".

I can't read the text, but that looks awful.

The text isn't the important part. Some satiric remarks (the site's been calling that these kind of things are starting to happen for years) and some links to the Dutch mainstream media ignoring it. It's the videos that this post is really about.

Probably the only thing I like about this warzone is that the right wing is simply not there because it's not interesting for them, so there's no way anyone can say "right-wing and left-wing were fighting and stuff happened" or "there was a demonstration from right-wing and a counter-demonstration from left-wing and this happened" or things like that. Only left-wing is there, so only left-wing is guilty for what is, as I already said, a true warzone. They had to evacuate friggin KINDERGARTENS because the children weren't safe. And if you think that was unnecessary, in at least one of the kindergartens, after the children had escaped, people actually broke in and basically tried to destroy everything.

Probably the only thing I like about this warzone is that the right wing is simply not there because it's not interesting for them, so there's no way anyone can say "right-wing and left-wing were fighting and stuff happened" or "there was a demonstration from right-wing and a counter-demonstration from left-wing and this happened" or things like that. Only left-wing is there, so only left-wing is guilty for what is, as I already said, a true warzone. They had to evacuate friggin KINDERGARTENS because the children weren't safe. And if you think that was unnecessary, in at least one of the kindergartens, after the children had escaped, people actually broke in and basically tried to destroy everything.

In my country when half a million people march in a peaceful protest the right starts talking about legislation aimed to criminalize opposition to the present regime and point to isolated incidents of vandalism to call the entire crowd scum.  When white supremacists hold a military-style parade armed with AK47s in a black neighborhood, they call that free speech.  When extremists on both ends meet and start throwing rocks at each other, it's brave patriots defending America against the commies.  Our own president openly calls for violence against the left.

So yeah, if they do have to eat their hats then good.  There's always the counter risk that they openly support the violence or else just report that it was all right-wingers and dismiss anyone who shows them the facts as liars.  But I like to pretend Europe isn't half as far gone as America.

In I think Iowa? we have legislation in the works that makes it legal to kill a protestors if they block traffic.

I'm not making that up.

It's not a response to left-wing violence, either.  The justification was a completely non-violent parade that resulted in commuters being late to work.

I don't know if it actually passed, but it had a lot of support and might have by now.

In my country when half a million people march in a peaceful protest the right starts talking about legislation aimed to criminalize opposition to the present regime and point to isolated incidents of vandalism to call the entire crowd scum.  When white supremacists hold a military-style parade armed with AK47s in a black neighborhood, they call that free speech.  When extremists on both ends meet and start throwing rocks at each other, it's brave patriots defending America against the commies.  Our own president openly calls for violence against the left.

So yeah, if they do have to eat their hats then good.  There's always the counter risk that they openly support the violence or else just report that it was all right-wingers and dismiss anyone who shows them the facts as liars.  But I like to pretend Europe isn't half as far gone as America.

In Europe it's the other way around... There's the pegida demonstrations, which have gotten a lot of negative press despite being peaceful (except of course from a select few people, but those are universally denounced by pegina symphetisers), and the counterprotests by the anti-facists (the same that are now in Hamburg, for a large part) were always much more violent, but you either heard nothing about it, or you heard that "there were protests and counterprotests and X people were arrested", if possible with the implication that it were pegida protesters. And that's in general how it is.

Did you know that it even goes as far as media like CNN and BBC faking demonstrations to be able to tell the message they want to tell? After one of the terrorist attacks in London a few weeks ago, they staged a "muslim demonstration against terror". There were a few people there who were carefully choreographed to appear like they were with many more. Some videos about that staging were leaked. And, surprise, got no mainstream media attention.

And let's be real - there'll always be violent people on both sides of the debate, and they're all doing it wrong. However, the problem isn't in the first place the violent people, it's that media, politicians and even judges do their best to look away from left-wing violence while they emphasize right-wing violence.

I honestly feel like living in the 30s, but with left-wing and right-wing reversed.