• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

to make up for that rubbish website, here's a fun fact about my town, we have a castle, complete with dungeon and moat :D

we have one in Cape Town, but it was made to be a military headquarters, not to house royalty

I doubt our castle could keep anyone out to be honest :laugh: speaking of royalty, the heir to the throne of the Britain takes his title from my home town

which title? I never did get round to caring for royalty trivia

If you click on Roo's pics they go normal

my main problem was thinking the assembly hall was a class *facepalm*

:laugh:

So what do you guys think of the school then? :)

Remarkably different to mine, plastic chairs instead of wood and metal and the desks are big and look like you share an most of the ones in my school are individual. Then your IT room (which I suppose you have classes in), the computers look a little dated, but that's fine for any programing you'd be doing, we have a separate computer lab in our school, but mostly we get around with our laptops (we've got a laptop programme, I love it, most of the time not for the educational benefits, but those do exist)

Don't make me laugh! I'm drinking hot chocolate. Tis a precarious situation :laugh:

that was funny? it must have been a pretty big fail then

Duke of Rothesay :)

It's a small school and it was only built a couple of years ago. I think new computers have just been put in throughout the school (the website is neglected so nothing new will be on there) we do alright considering our size :)

to make up for that rubbish website, here's a fun fact about my town, we have a castle, complete with dungeon and moat :D

we have one in Cape Town, but it was made to be a military headquarters, not to house royalty

I doubt our castle could keep anyone out to be honest :laugh: speaking of royalty, the heir to the throne of the Britain takes his title from my home town

Remarkably different to mine, plastic chairs instead of wood and metal and the desks are big and look like you share an most of the ones in my school are individual. Then your IT room (which I suppose you have classes in), the computers look a little dated, but that's fine for any programing you'd be doing, we have a separate computer lab in our school, but mostly we get around with our laptops (we've got a laptop programme, I love it, most of the time not for the educational benefits, but those do exist)

Don't make me laugh! I'm drinking hot chocolate. Tis a precarious situation :laugh:

It's a small school and it was only built a couple of years ago. I think new computers have just been put in throughout the school (the website is neglected so nothing new will be on there) we do alright considering our size :)

how many pupils? I'm guessing it's co-ed, is there a uniform?

Your school is quite like mine I guess Roo

I just found it oddly funny. I blame that taint :)

most of the schools around the area I go to are pretty old

the taint is always a good enough excuse for me

I guess around 400 at the most, yeah it's co-ed (that means males and females right?) and yes there's a uniform, pretty basic though, black trousers/skirt, white shirt and school tie which is navy blue

our actualt establishment has been around for ages, it's just been through a few buildings. Back when my dad was young, some guys burned down the original building

I guess around 400 at the most, yeah it's co-ed (that means males and females right?) and yes there's a uniform, pretty basic though, black trousers/skirt, white shirt and school tie which is navy blue

our school has something like 750 I think, all boys. Our uniforms get complex and there are more ties than you can imagine

brookechapel.jpg

The old chapel (which is much smaller, it has nice windows though, they have scenes on them and depending on the time of day the windows get lightened up by the sun)

our actualt establishment has been around for ages, it's just been through a few buildings. Back when my dad was young, some guys burned down the original building

was that malicious? and then did the school only get rebuilt recently? or were more buildings just added recently? You do seem to have air-cons though, which is a step up from us, most of our classes don't have fans, and it gets hot

memorialchapel.jpg

the big (memorial chapel) from outside

was that malicious? and then did the school only get rebuilt recently? or were more buildings just added recently? You do seem to have air-cons though, which is a step up from us, most of our classes don't have fans, and it gets hot

memorialchapel.jpg

I think it was unfortunately, this was around 50 years ago so I could be wrong

The old Academy was falling apart a bit so they decided to rebuild the school where it is now (a couple of miles from the old one) and incorporate the island's main primary school into the same campus.

Yes we have air cons, we don't often need them though, it's cold up here! :laugh:

That is a nice school Smiley. Though I must say not having any girls around would be abit odd, though thats prolly cause I have always gone to a co-ed school.

I have never been to school with girls, I'm not completely sure how it all functions

Bishops+prepare+attack.jpg

The Piley Rees rugby field, you cannot walk on this grass for fear of death, by first Team player, I joke not, most bishops boys regard this as holier ground than the chapel, we focus A LOT on rugby, I don't quite understand that either

memorialchapel.jpg

I think it was unfortunately, this was around 50 years ago so I could be wrong

The old Academy was falling apart a bit so they decided to rebuild the school where it is now (a couple of miles from the old one) and incorporate the island's main primary school into the same campus.

Yes we have air cons, we don't often need them though, it's cold up here! :laugh:

the entire point, its cold in scotland and you get air con, it's hot in SA but we get nothing *sigh*

IMG_6684.JPG?width=480&height=333

beater tans